Oryx 2 Rune Stash

With deca trying to implement new ways to get runes to players or have oryx 3 open with 2 to no runes, I figured this was a good time to come up with ideas or new ways to get that done, which brings me to Oryx 2 Rune Stash drop/troom. The idea of this is basically the same as ‘dying thessal’. As you players know dying thessal is actually pretty rare and its also pretty rare to get anything other than 3 coral juices, if you even manage to hit SB on all 3.
The same concept except applied to o2 in the wine cellar. Lets just say 1-5% of times you kill oryx 2, he mutters something like “No, no, noooo my precious runes! Monuments come to life to protect what is mine!” and after he mutters that his helm, shield, and sword monument come to life with a certain amount of hp, and they shoot (20) 2.5 pixel long stun shots from out of them to push back melees and people standing on top of them and as well as silencing 2 pixel by 2 pixel AOE bombs, as they chant in unison “Protect what is mine”. After the monuments are killed they lightly mutter, “no more protection, you may do as you will” and you can pick up your loot.
The monuments go back to normal allowing you to either do o3 or just go through the nexus portal. The idea behind this is to have a decent rune drop rate from the “troom” of the wine cellar. It shouldnt happen a lot like definitely shouldnt be something that can be abused, but definitely a good way to implement runes into the game as well as add a new feature to the main boss of the game. I hope you enjoyed this concept and if want to add anything or have any other cool ideas to go along with this post it in the comments or talk to me in game about it!

I really like this idea, even though I initially wished that the fines might have given the Court of Oryx dungeons some love vs. Oryx. But, the Thessal concept sounds nice, too! Still doesn’t need to be a high drop rate by any means with how many people are in O2s, but it would probably kill any incentive for Janus…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.