Oryx Art Challenge (Dec 12 to Dec 13 19:30 UTC)

Greetings insignificant peons friendly players!

The Realm is always looking for more slaves talented pixel artists, which is why I’ve decided to kidnap enlist the aid of a new wave of minions contributors. But I will not take in just anyone. Only the most foolish passionate and docile skillful ones shall join me in my glorious Wine Cellar.

And so, for those blind courageous enough to take my test, you will have to create a 16x16 sprite matching the following yet-to-come skin. Creativity won’t be punished but you will, however avoid straying too far from the original skins’ theme. The deadline is in 24h, for I do not suffer tardiness really look forward to seeing your beautiful creations.

http://i.imgur.com/Xhjaebe.png

What is that? 16x16 skins suck? Insufferable fools! All who contest my decision shall die. Now there is only one thing for you to do, peon. Submit your creation on the following link, or forever be cursed with bad RNG.

Submission: https://goo.gl/forms/7Ng4oeO4Y6xcQFrb2

Deadline: 13 December 19h30 UTC

Note: Hey guys, in case you haven’t caught up already, we’re looking for more Contributors to help creating content for the Realm. As you probably already know, our team is relatively small and there is only so much we can do on our own, which is why we turn toward you guys to be able to keep producing content at a good rate. Contributors do not only help for skins as per this example, but also may help create new monsters, dungeons, pets and the like. We’ve all got a lot of ideas, but not enough hands or talent to create the right sprite!

The selection process will be subjective (because who can pretend to be able to objectively judge pixel sprites), and we will contact you through PM on reddit if you’re selected. If you are, you’ll join other contributors, gain access to the testing realm and the dungeon creator tool. And you’ll likely get to see your sprites on RotMG fairly soon :slight_smile:

Crosspost from reddit:

oh interseting. [quote=“Niegil, post:1, topic:3405”]
13 December 19h30 UTC
[/quote]

is that not tomorrow?

Use <s>Text</s> for strikethru

Fixed up the formatting for you. Also moved to #community-hub:official-events and added dates to the title.

Why did they only give us 1 day to do this?

WAIT!?

does this mean samurai?!?!?!?!?!

Uhh… Uhh…

Stares at this post

So we don’t spend a bunch of time planning out the design! I think they want to see who’s the most creative person! They need people who can react to things quick! xo If that made sense…

yeah… but unfair to those who
1-didnt see
2- dont have time (prob looking for no like people)

I do think they should extend it a bit, anyways. I tried creating a sprite just now…it needs some work…no way am I sending that in. :I

you never know! the rosen won…

we got this!

whos we?

me, myself, and i… duh :stuck_out_tongue: