Oryx good, need a nerf, or still easy?

Not really what I meant, sorry. Obviously Void is the endgame boss, but oryx is the icon of the game? If that makes sense? He was supposed to be the endgame boss in the beginning, no doubt. He also drops tops, (old tops?) so I feel he should have been stronger.

Do you really think Oryx 2 was a challenge before this buff? If you think so I’m sorry I don’t have anything positive to say to you lol.

No, I don’t think you understand my point.

I want a Oryx 3. A true termination of the game.

Just change the name, give it a more powerful HP scaling mechanism, and I think you’ve got it.

To those saying O2 should be the hardest boss, with endgame difficulty - consider that in games such as chess, the King piece is a feeble opponent compared to some of the others around him. It doesn’t always have to be that the ruler/most significant enemy is the toughest fight.

I think the O2 changes are good… though I do wish it had the attention of it being the centrepiece of an update rather than being mixed in with the halloween nonsense things. They could have dined out on a few weeks hype/interest in the game from that update alone.

Not only that, but it’s not unusual for video games to have secret bosses that are completely insane when compared to the final boss of the story.

The Disgaea series is a very obvious example.

Final boss of Disgaea 5.

Hardest superboss of Disgaea 5.

(and that’s just the difference in stats, there are other factors that make the Carnage Baal fight even more ridiculous).

I want a Oryx 3. A true termination of the game.

So… you agree? I’m confused. you just called my previous comment ‘beyond dumb’ and now you say you agree… You’re contradicting yourself. Do you or do you not want a stronger oryx… lmao.

Oh

oops I wasn’t mocking your statement, I was mocking the idea the O2 should be the final boss of the game

Agreed but it also shouldn’t be that the fight against the titular antagonist should boil down to pewpewing a stunned potato. I like the stun immunities during the new phases and I think it would work really well with his normal phases. People still die from the infamous O2 shotgun because of incompetent knights; why not make it even riskier by having momentary immunity like new Thessal :3

come on DECA

i dislike the phase where O2 has those red spinning eyes that deal a fair amount of ranged damage. They eyes look red and give off red shooting area effect with a fair damage. You should stay back in this phase unless you are melee of priests. Other then that, its ez. (You can also just have divine pet with O2 during eyes phase for ranged.)

A thing I really used to love in wine cellars was when someone dragged O2 far out, causing him to “snap back” and shotgun lots of players. I feel that oryx should have a phase when he wanders out and snaps back. I used to find it so exciting, scary and fun to try get out of the way ASAP as he shot back to his main point, instead of having knights chainstun him and sitting back, taking out my csword and hardly ever having to move at all.

I never remember this happening in O2, are you mixing it up with the “Yes, run for your worthless lives!” phase in O1?

if you drag o2 out of his chamber in the wc he will “snap back” to his original position. It even says it in the wiki

Oh, in his final chase phase? Thought I remembered dragging him to the spawn but maybe it’s me with the bad memory now :stuck_out_tongue:

Nevov is getting old

or it simply could be that Oryx II recently had his AI changed who knows

You’ll be pleased I think! I’ve been seeing O2 snap like this a few times when he finishes his “There is no point in running” phase, and if you are standing in the way between there and the centre point… prepare for jumpscare! I instanexused when it happened to me the 1st time, the old reactions aren’t so old yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

I duo’d a wine cellar today and we did drag him back enough for him to snap back. I just love it.

Considering how easy it is to get sb damage, I think O2 needs a buff. Right now, it doesn’t take that much skill to run in, get in a few shots to gain soulbound and then leech the rest of the fight. If O2 is to ever truly be endgame content, he has to be an immediate danger to everyone in the room at almost all times (think bee queen and LH bosses).

This is especially important now that he drops T6 abilities so frequently; the rewards FAR outweigh the risks.

Except since they drop a lot more frequently, they aren’t worth much anymore. Or as drops themselves, a lot of t6 abilities are almost the same as t5 abilities. Honestly, tomb is the same, OT is the same. You can get your sb in and then run and hide in relative safety.