Oryxmas Bonus Program

I’ll just throw this in here, I guess:

x-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/eby2hl/oryxmas_bonus_program/

@moderators move to #news:developers-corner please

Open Beta Bonus Program & Upcoming Chest Challenges [Apr 15 to May 7]

Reaction #1: Yay! F2P campaign!

Reaction #2: Damn, that’s a lot of farming…

59 stacks to get the best skin in the campaign

YODA SKIN

Okay, sprout slime, we have to talk about this auroral spdite god pet skin

mmmMMMMmm…Acquire it, I must.

Both pet skins are actually made by the same spriter, Nazoado cx

Simple and easy yes? Given what we have from the spoilers and what has been said, ornaments will most likely drop from major realm events and dungeon bosses (perhaps certain ones, depending on the event?). But we’re also given a choice of a 2:1 Gold to BP ratio for obtaining points. Now, hold your “you don’t have to spend money” gib for one second, let’s go over some maths.

These equations are done with the circumstance of having the broken ornaments be valued at 100 points each, aswell as exchanging 1 Gold for 2 Campaign points.

Obtaining each Ornament for the set bonus ring (these could drop from event chests aswell but this is the one guarentee way of getting them) costs 43k points.

43k BP = 43 stacks of Broken Ornaments OR 26k gold
Either kill 430 bosses or spend atleast $300

As much as the Knight skin is valued, that’s probably not the skin everyone is running for, so we’ll equate for the next set of guarenteed Ornaments (with other goodies aswell).

171k BP = 171 stacks of Broken Ornaments OR 85.5k gold
Either kill 1,710 bosses, or spend atleast $550

Not too far off the last number, we’re given the Yoda skin. Seeing as currently this is the only obtainable way to get it, a couple of paywhales might just jump the gun and get this.

203k BP = 203 stacks of Broken Ornaments OR 101.5k Gold
Either kill 2,030 bosses, or spend around $630

Now the final quest is just one more set of Ornaments, not too suprising, but I’m just assuming the campaign should just end at Yoda Skin, given if these things drop, you’re at really shitty odds if they’re not in a drop table.

251k BP = 251 stacks of Broken Ornaments OR 125.5k gold.
Either kill 2,510 bosses or spend atleast $800

Still not a lot of details for where everything is or will be so its merely prediction, but these are the stats to look at. This is not to neglect all the pet food and whatever an Oryxmas Gift is (probably decent items but lowballs with loot potions/clovers/gingerbread houses). an 800 dollar campaign, seems to outrank the last campaign. But my maths could be off, I’m not sure.

You get multiple ornaments from events or higher dungeon bosses

A single orxy castle run with janus gives 1300 points

I guess you can complete the campaign with ~50-70 hours

Exact details are now posted in the patch notes:

2030 Sprite Worlds, lets gooo!

It seems very reasonable, some people posting in discords they are at 40k + with ~7 hours forming.

@wilhuff even better then

Pathetic! I’m at 30K after 3 hours of farming!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.