Oryx's Paracosm: An Endgame Dungeon by Puffagod

Greetings, companions!

I am happy to announce a content update to Oryx’s Paracosm, mainly in celebration of its new(ish) best-o-the-best status! If anyone @moderators could update the original post with this link, that’d be great! C:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q3r4PaU0K1Q2ZDWFJ2alF4S0U/view?usp=sharing

So, what has changed?

• A New Boss
    To solve the problem of the potentially formulaic and repetetive Bridge of Woe encounter, there is a chance that Vorv the God Shepherd is replaced by another boss! Behold Gate Abhoroth!

(and the obligatory Babbyroth pet skin):

This boss is replete with new minions, behaviors, mechanics, a new debuff, projectile aesthetics and treasure to win - the details can be found at the bottom of the document c:

• Added the Voidnova Weave cloth.
  • Added The Secret wizard skin to drop from the three final bosses!

(all animation frames included in document!)

• Added THREE NEW UTs!
    Behold the Wetherhead Mask, the Mask of the Universe and the Novalord Mask! :ram: :skull: :space_invader:

Again, all details can be found at the bottom of the latest document!

• Minor changes here and there as well - such as slightly editing the Mini Mush pet skin :3

~

Thank you very much for your support! Please don’t hesitate to offer your thoughts on the new additions, as always I am happy to hear and make changes to anything necessary c:

~ Puffagod <3

(edit: drop a like drop a comment drop a sub yadda yadda)

Its unbeliveable how easy it can be crashed wasting fame into void puffa ples

whut? xD

What if some fag takes bellico or gigatome, the dungeon eould be extremaly hard without proper use of them gŕr

One bad apple spoils the cider, so it goes, so it goes.
There’s always the guild hall one c:

Why can’t I like this more than once :frowning:

‘YOU HAVE A GOOD HEART
AND NOTHING TO FEAR,
SO TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS
OF MY DUNGEON IDEA’.

‘Y͜ou ̸h͢ave ̶a ͢s͡t̵ron͘g͡ s͡p̡iŕit͞ ̡
and ͟a so҉u͝l ͞f́re͢e͜ ̸o͡f spi͢te, ͟
s͢o tèll a͏l͝l̛ y̛ơur ̢folk͜ş
̛to͠ g͞iv͏e ͝me a l̶ike!̢’̕
̛
’ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃ ʷᶦˢᵉ ᵇʳᵃᶦᶰ
ᵃᶰᵈ ᵃ ᵈᶦˢᶜᵉʳᶰᶦᶰᵍ ᵍᵃᶻᵉ,
ˢᵒ ᵗᵉᶫᶫ ᵃᶫᶫ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶜʰᶦᶫᵈʳᵉᶰ
ᵗᵒ ᶜʳᶦᵗᶦᑫᵘᵉ ᵒʳ ᵖʳᵃᶦˢᵉ﹗’

So this is something like Star Cathedral in Star Break. A Donation based, Final event with multiple bosses that lead to the FINAL Bosses. IT also includes secret bosses and rooms. This seems like a worthy dungeon for Deca though, hard to implement. This concept is very fitting of ROTMG, glad you introduced a very well developed idea.

Did puffagod messaged his idea in one of his tickets ? If not it might help

i like how getting in is really starbreak-esque (star cathedral anyone?)

I’ve never played starbreak, but I’ve looked it up and now understand what y’all are on about xD
I’m glad the opening concept I used is a familiar one! c:

“𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘”

“Ḩu̶l̶͢l̵̵͡ǫ͝!͢͞”
“WHAT BE THIS?”

“𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝕲𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝕬𝖇𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍. 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖆 𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖛𝖔𝖎𝖈𝖊.”

“WELL I NEVER DID.”
“ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃ ˢᵉᶰˢᵉ ᵒᶠ ʰᵘᵐᵒᵘʳ?”
“SILENCE.”
“ᵈᵒᶰ’ᵗ ᵇᵉ ˢᵒ ⁻ ᵍʳᵃᵛᵉ ⁻ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᶦᵗ﹗”

“𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖇𝖔𝖘𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕺𝖗𝖞𝖝❜𝖘 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖔𝖘𝖒.”

“ʰᵃʰᵃ, ᵍᵉᵗ ᶦᵗ﹖ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ’ˢ ᵈᵉ⁻”
“SILENCE.”

“We ̢c̛an̛ ̧do͟ w͞e̴ll w̴it҉h Se͢c͏ŕȩt́s.̨”

~
Hullo folks! Just to let you know that I submitted the Gate Abhoroth sprite (with its new animation!) and the Mini TIME Wizard skin (under the new name Novalord Wizard) to DECA’s art competition!
This could be the dawn of a new era of Puffagod designed greatness! cough

Have a nice day! C: <3

“𝖂𝖊𝖑𝖑… 𝕷𝖔𝖔𝖐𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖎𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙.”

“SO IT GOES.”

“The t̵i͡mè wa͡s͘n’t r̴i͏gḩt͞.͘”

“ᴸᶦᶠᵉ ᵍᵒᵉˢ ᵒᶰ⋅⋅⋅”

“SILENCE.”

wow did it really take them that long to do all that? I knew it was taking forever, but wow.

Bump because we can’t let this glory be locked

Threads that are in Best of the Best can’t be closed by the system, they can only be closed manually, look at the Status Effect Depletion thread, the last post there was in may, well over 2 months ago.

@Puffagod Wow. This is an extremely well put together document and the idea is brilliant. I love the whole fame donation idea to opening the dungeon. Bellow are the things I find amazing about the dungeon and some things I find a little iffy or the “cons” (If you care)

Amazing

• First off, the lore. The story behind the dungeon is so interesting and almost spine chilling. The old man and what seems to be a little boy talking back and forth drew me in and made me want to read all 85 pages of your document.
    I love the idea of dungeons having an intriguing story behind them.

• The “art” of the dungeon, specifically the bosses tied the theme of the dungeon together. It wasn’t bland but at the same time it wasn’t posing out and blinding me which was good.

• The drops are unique and look great. I especially like the quiver and the whole “life steal” aspect of it.

And now, not the Cons but things I found "iffy"
Again this is entirely my opinion

• The Legendary eggs as drops. I don’t know why but I don’t think legendary eggs should not drop in the wild. Eggs at that high of a level are supposed to be worked for. I understand the dungeon is hard and hard work but I don’t think that players should be able to get such high level eggs from on dungeon boss.

• Tier 11 armors and weapons dropping. If you described the bosses accurately than I don’t think that t11 weapons and armor should drop. Imagine fighting a boss as intense as Yik the Earl-King and you walk over to your blue bag and find a Blood Bow.

Thats it! Overall dude, this is a dope dungeon design. Really want to see this added into the game.
Deca Pleeeeeaasse

I CARE! xD

That was a really nice review, and point taken about the blood bow :3
I thought legendary eggs already dropped though! Never mind, I shall see what can be done c:

EDIT:

[quote=“MackZilden, post:264, topic:3484”]
all 85 pages of your document.[/quote]

The correct version is the final link, and that one has 99 pages!
Sadly I can’t edit the original to make that clearer.

Great! Thanks for replying so fast. Legendary eggs do drop from things like skull shrines rarely and I do understand that bosses as hard as yours should be a little more rewarding (cough blood bow :stuck_out_tongue:) I don’t believe that these items should be dropping in game. I got to read the final version though!

Good luck with this project! :stuck_out_tongue:

Legendary eggs do drop in-game, and from far easier things than you might expect:

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have them drop from the paracosm assuming they’re rare enough.