Oryx's Paracosm: An Endgame Dungeon by Puffagod

I think the droprate should be similar to that of whites

After 1 hour of reading while listening to music I must say that this is truly intense. It should be added and the guy who made this should get a huge reward. Good work dude

I’m lost for words. This is, by far, the VERY BEST dungeon layout I’ve ever seen. There is no topping it, it’s incredibly detailed and the sprites are beautiful. Unfortunately, I think you may need to buff the dungeon even more (if that’s possible) since people are now mowing through Lost Halls. Aside from that, this post finally breathes fresh air into idea of endgame. I will be thrilled if DECA implements this. I especially like the death dialogue from, well, Death. I don’t know why it sticks out to me so much, but I love it.

SPACE, TIME and DEATH are watching the static crackle on their analogue television, one dark October night. SPACE sneezes, and several advanced civilisations simultaneously discover the graviton.

TIME and DEATH keep watching.

‘ᵂᵉ ᶰᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵒ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰᶦᶰᵍ ᶠᵒʳ ᴴᵃᶫᶫᵒʷᵉᵉᶰ⋅’
‘WHAT?’
‘I͟t͏’͝s a̡ ̷mort̵ąl̢ th̀i͠ǹg, ͝D͢EĄTH̵.͢’
‘BUT WHAT IS IT?’
‘ᴵᵗ ᶦˢ ᵃ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵐᵒʳᵗᵃᶫˢ ᵇᵃᶰᵈ ᵗᵒᵍᵉᵗʰᵉʳ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵉᶰᵈ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᶠʳᶦᵍʰᵗᵉᶰᶦᶰᵍ⋅’
‘SURELY NOT!’
‘I̡ h̨e͜a͏r ͏t̡hey̢ put͜ on͜ ͜masks.’
'WE NEVER TAKE OURS OFF.

‘WHATEVER.
GOSH, I’VE EATEN UNIVERSES MORE INTERESTING THAN HOLLOW-WEEN.’

Death fixes his gaze upon the hissing static. His look is the final indelible conflux of the whirling infinite.

'NOW THIS IS REAL ENTERTAINMENT. ’

~

Hullo folks! I hope you enjoy these Halloween-themed reskins for the Paracosm! :smiley:

The Whispertome

Chill their blood, spill their blood!

The Sinnergon

A Modern Prometheus!

The BOOllico

Pumpkins or souls, you have to start reaping somewhere.

Thanks so much for reading, do check out the Beyond reskins too! :smiley:
Stay spooky <3

Great skit!

SPACE, TIME and DEATH are gathered around a pruned Yggdrasil hung with gaudy planetoids, litten with a rope of quasars (wired in series). Around them bend the vague geometries of nth-planar phase space.

‘ᴰᴱᴬᵀᴴ, ʰᵉʳᵉ ᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵖʳᵉˢᵉᶰᵗ﹗ ᴵᵗ’ˢ ᵃ ˢᶜᵉᶰᵗᵉᵈ ᶜᵃᶰᵈᶫᵉ⋅’
‘HOW THOUGHTFUL.
YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LIKE SNUFFING THINGS OUT.’
‘ᵀᴵᴹᴱ, ʰᵉʳᵉ ᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘʳˢ﹗ ᴵᵗ’ˢ ᵃ ʰᵒᵘˢᵉᵖᶫᵃᶰᵗ﹗’
‘Y̶óu͘ ̛ár̡e ̸very ̛k͡ind̷. I̷ ͢do͝ ͏e͝ņjòý ͝watchin̴ģ ̸t̨h͘in͡gs w̢ith͏er͝ a͠w͝ay̨!̴’̢

‘… ᴰᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃᶰʸᵗʰᶦᶰᵍ ᶠᵒʳ ᵐᵉ﹖’
‘̸O̸f͝ all ţh̵ę S͜pi̢ri̸ts̀ in̡ ̶m̴y̶ dom̵in̵i̧o͠n͝,̵ ̸no̷t̴ ơnce̡ hav͢e͟ I̵ ͢la͠id̡ eyes̢ ̛on a͘ Spir̡it o̢f C͞ḩrìs͞tmas.͏’
‘I HASTEN TO ADD
THAT YOU ENCOMPASS ALL MATERIAL THINGS ANYWAY.’
‘… ˢᵒ ᶰᵒᵗʰᶦᶰᵍ﹖’

DEATH and TIME exchange an infinitesimal glance.

‘HO HO HO.’

~

Season’s greetings, friends :smiley: I hope you enjoy the second round of Christmas themed reskins for the Paracosm, this time for the most lately added UT items c:

Wethersled Mask

Light the way!

Snowvalord Mask

Inhabiting the blackest and nethermost rim of the Paracosm, the extra-planar parasites of Abhoroth occasionally manifest in anomalous fashions.

Entropy Casque

Drop the harshest season from your wings, and watch them grow cold and cease.

Thanks for all the support guys! C: hope y’all have a great Christmas! <3

absolutely insane, i really enjoyed the layout and monster’s

pls deca

Sounds super cool! Just work as hard on the items as you did on the dungeon, seen so many bad item ideas.

Which ones are bad, in your opinion? I’m always up for a little bit of tweaking c:

Incognito flex right there

Oh, thought you didn’t release drops yet mb. I meant that I have seen a lot of bad item ideas on the Ideas thread but I can go through each and give my opinion.

Orb of the Goblin Cutpurse:
The problem with this orb as I see it is the fact that it doesn’t have any kind of cd this would make the mystic just a better trickster (with a t0 decoy). With the low MP cost of 65 (only 5 more then a t0 decoy) a mystic can just spam it. I don’t see how the stasis effect within 1.5 tiles is going to be useful, the mystic is a really squishy class and avoids getting close to enemies. Effectively this Orb would just be used as a prism.

Shrunken Head (Skull):
The defensiveness of this skull is nice (6 def, 40 hp, 105 heal @ 75 wis) but the 135 mp cost makes this skull questionable, It does not heal very well and it does not give a skull kind of feel (range is centered on player instead of cursor). But it could work.

Lethewaters Quiver:
The amount of HP receive from the quiver is not noted so I can’t tell if it is balanced or not.

Chaumurky (Poison):
The feed power is a little to high for the item. Low ranged poison aren’t the assassins best friend, so I dont see how this will come to use

Cryptic Geode (Prism):
Everything is good expect the low fame bonus at least 5% or else it is comparable to a top.

Demon Jawbone (shuriken):
Everything sounds nice expect that it fires 4 shots, I would personally see it being more viable if it had 2 shots with a shot pattern like Edictum staff.

Mask of the Gigatome:
No idea if this works well in rotmg

Mask of the Synergon:
Sounds cool but lower the hp and mp to like 120-130 its a little to OP to have 145 hp/mp.

Mask of the Bellico:
Change the def to hp and you got a pretty cool ring. Maybe like 120 hp.

I like how much effort that has been put down to make this and I don’t blame you for not making every item perfect, It is not easy.

dude holy shit this is so cool, I really love the lore aspects behind it and I really like the idea of having some huge raid-esque endgame content in the game. The masks/rings seem really cool.

Another step up for the game, the hardcore dungeon and so on. Very nice work tho, my thumbs are up to see the content in-game! I like the sprites a lot :smiley:

o: awesome ideas, i look forward for its release

I really really like this dungeon. How you incorporated guilds with it made me happy inside. I really hope this becomes real cause i want to do more with my guild.

And we all know you’ll die every time in it

Fantastic…

I think you should put the whites to 7% bonus and have the masks be the first 8% game bonus in the game.
Also, I don’t know if we’re rushing into the item tiers and this would probably take years to code and design, but maybe more drops for Death, Time, and Space we could have new T14 weapons, T15 armors, and a new addition (due to this being part of Oryx’s mind if I’m correct), T7 abilities. If oryx started T6 abilities then should he also start T7 abilities too? This is just a suggestions.
Also just have all bosses drop T13 and T14 armors because of the difficulty. As such if you get some but don’t want to die at TSD fight you could nexus with your decent reward(s). I’m open to criticism.

Hey! :smiley:

Personally, I’d much rather nerf the loot drops of other dungeons than contribute to the power creep by adding tonnes of new tiers - not sure if thats a common view or not :3

But maybe the basic bosses could use a little bit of loot buffing, even if the UTs are really good, I understand that the final encounter is riskier than some people would care to attempt…

Thanks for your suggestions! c:

Can’t stop reading this.

Hullo! :smiley:

Let’s address the elephant in the room… some of the sprites in this dungeon are a bit terrible.
I have drafted a few replacements, please let me know what you think! c:

Treent Sapling:

image --> image

Treent:

image --> image

Keep Guardian:

image -->image

Laidly Wyrm:

image --> image

Any critiques or suggestions for new resprites would be greatly appreciated :smiley:
Many thanks,
~ Puffagod