Oryx's Paracosm: An Endgame Dungeon by Puffagod

I can’t tell which one of us is joking :smiley:

The story continues? Sort of? :o

@Shatter could u possibly unlock elder realms since its in best o the best now? :o

Wow. Just wow. This is honestly amazing and if it was added i think it add something better than oryx 4 etc to endgame dungeons.

i love the part about oryx being a kid, it add so much more lore into the game

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the bump but it has come to my attention that the document link wasn’t working anymore - hopefully this one should work better (let me know if it doesn’t) :slight_smile:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q3r4PaU0K1Q2ZDWFJ2alF4S0U/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-Pnvyov4GFtmZPu0qn-Tg3Q

I was 16 years old when I wrote this dungeon, and though I think it terribly ill-constructed and amateurish now, it is at least an interesting time capsule of my creativity at that time!

Thanks,
Puffagod

its still cool imo

This is such a crzy idea Puffagod, but what are your thoughts on it being released post-O3, and a new endgame dungeon possibly releasing in MotMG called steamworks? Also as a suggestion for the dungeon, I thought maybe having the dungeon automatically open once a week at a set time, just for fun.

@Puffagod

Hey there!! Sadly I don’t think any of this dungeon would work in a post O3 world (and to be honest, I don’t think its up to quality standards any more :P)

I believe I came up with this dungeon about 6 years ago now, and back then there was no real content being added to RotMG, so there was lots of space to dream big… since then however it’s become obvious that DECA have their own ideas about where to take Oryx’s story and character. I can’t say I’m a fan, but it is what it is…

As for Steamworks, I’d be interested to see what that looks like! I have a steampunk-themed biome in my most recent idea, Elder Realms, (which you might enjoy if you haven’t seen it already, as a sort of narrative sequel to Oryx’s Paracosm) - so I’ll be eager to see if DECA rip me off again! (j/k j/k… unless…)

Thanks very much for reading! I really like your idea tbh, and though I have no plans to update this doc any more, if i ever did I’d be sure to include something like that :slight_smile:

Thanks for the followup! This all just looks so cool, maybe one of the private servers would want to make it one day, such as Valor Rotmg. This dugneon is just so cool and long I NEED to play it somewhere one day.

Isn’t that the truth. :pensive:

Couple this with the Elder Realms and color me happy. I don’t even mind if either ever gets updated to modern standards or not, though my mind bursts with ideas for what could be improved upon!

Nonetheless, the very notion of having decently fleshed out endgame fighting and Realm coupled with the art and lore is good enough for me. The shot patterns? A couple were unique, but most are better reserved for a hypothetical testing session.

I dont even care if someone makes a game where its just ths dungeon man, I NEED IT

I remain more of an Elder Realms fan, between the two. That’s the one I’d love to see instituted between the two then if I had to choose, though both works are connected. It feels like a gamer in and of itself even without the completed bosses or any additional dungeon content like actual Rotmg has