Oryx's Paracosm: An Endgame Dungeon by Puffagod

Amen.

Now now, that’s not very nice for Piffel. Would you like it if somebody else called you an eldritch abomination?

I dunno, maybe it’d give me some much-needed ‘nerd street cred’ :wink:

I don’t think the terms “much-needed” and “nerd street cred” belong in the same sentence.

Though if you really wanted some, why not make your own game, or work on already existing ones? Considering the amount of dedication you’re willing to put into it even when it’s just a hobby, why not make it a full-time job?

I shall take this as a compliment, though other passions presently occupy the brunt of my efforts.
For the record, I have personally designed two unique (and locally successful!) tabletop games and a full illustrated mythos to house them. I would say I do not require any additional ‘nerd street-cred.’

It would not be a stretch to re-imagine the better of these in a text-based or ASCII format for a PC platform; but as with everything we shall see what the future holds.

@Puffagod Please, teach me your ways of incredible formatting, which my dungeon idea does not have!

Feel free to emulate the layout I’ve used, it’s pretty simple without following that ghastly ‘dungeon idea template’ that’s been floating around causing havoc :3

Amazing dungeon. LOVED it <3
And your grammar, articulation and vocabulary is awe inspiring :open_mouth:
I feel that the pulsating tiles on the bridge of woe is a novel idea, mainly because for the first time I don’t think people can solo the whole thing :laughing:
I love the idea of lore integration too, it gives a much more theatrical effect to the dungeon.
This was the first dungeon I’ve seen on realmeye, and I was hooked the whole time.
Nice job m8 :slight_smile:

Yup, my attempt is as pitiful as it gets compared to this guy.

Don’t worry about it man. You can get good soon enough.

Have it drop the most useless god damn items in the game but make them look cool as hell :joy:

hey so i had an idea that I wanted to make into a boss fight but I’m not good at that type of stuff so I’m gonna tell you this and if you like it you can use it: One of the bosses should have a shot that inflicts Speedy for 1-2 seconds, so you would need to prioritize dodging it so you don’t get flung into a new wave of bullets on accident. I don’t know if you like the idea of using a Buff as a Debuff but I think it would add a twist to any boss fight

Ehh… I’m not sure how closely you read the document, but the Paracosm already has a boss that does this (see page 56).

Here it is especially deadly because the second you exit the relic radius, you are basically food for the vultures.

And by the way, it isn’t an especially novel idea - I recall the original LoD fifth dragon idea was one of the earliest ideas to utilise this.

so yeh ;3

Whoops, guess I’m not as innovative as I thought :stuck_out_tongue: disregard my comment then

can u write something like that one day

Wow, no complaints. Sprites are pretty good, drops are balanced, and it’s a difficult and challenging dungeon. It’s a shame Deca probably won’t add this, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

Orb is like a better t0 prism, can be use for rushing

I felt like Mystic needed new rushing options - as a proud owner of both Conflict and the ST orb, I still actually prefer planefetter for rushing dungeons. Conflict has an irritating cooldown, whilst the ST orb has an irritating MP cost (for someone with a crummy pet such as myself).

The orb is basically my answer to the Strike Amulet; granting an unsual class extreme prowess in a seemingly unusual niche. Its rarity ensures that mystic won’t replace trickster in any way - if anything, this orb gives the Mystic a more dangerous, active playstyle, which I personally feel would be quite fun.

Are you a writer per chance? You are an excellent word smith!

a great dungeon, like the beyond.

side note: i got the 69 like for on the OP