OtherBill who wields the Seal of Approval

@Otherbill In response to your question, I pose another question: yeah why the hell not?!

1. I believe you said your job was designing components for a certain widely used phone brand. Do you work because you are passionate about it, or are you interested mostly in the paycheck?

2. Do you have any tattoos? If yes, describe them in detail.

3. What’s your favorite series/tv show if you watch any?

4. What’s the coolest sport in the olympics?

5. What’s a car you want to own but can’t afford/can’t find/don’t want to deal with maintenance?

6. What do you think is the most interesting thing about you?

7. What’s better, snowboarding or skiing?

8. If you could end all future and present problems with humankind, but had to kill 1/3 of the population, would you do it?

9. What’s your favorite type of crime?

10. What’s your number one pet peeve, besides me B)

Lets rephrase this to 1/2 please :snap:

FUCK THANOS!!!

@OtherBill how did you get into yoga?

Because it’s just a matter of time before I say too much and y’all piece things together and figure out my true identity. Then good ol’ @캔디씨 might show up in my driveway with a creepy CandyBill van. Maybe a little mystery is a good thing after all.

[I think I’m going to regret this. OB]

Both. It’s neat to see random folks out on the street using hardware that I helped design/develop, but I also acknowledge that I won’t be able to do this forever so it’s important to chase the money while I can.

I know a lot of y’all are going to expect me to say “Archery” here, but that actually gets pretty nerdy (what with all the gizmos and doodads on a modern Olympic Recurve bow). My vote would have to go towards the sliding sports: Bobsled, Luge, and Skeleton. What other sports get major R&D from NASCAR teams? What other sports require timing down to the thousandth of a second?

Well, I’ll tell you, it’s certainly not that I’m a middle-aged guy who still cares about a Flash game out on the interweb enough to moderate a discussion forum that only a tiny percentage of the playerbase uses.

Skiing. Novice snowboarders go down the trails sideways and flatten out all the moguls, then laze about in the landing areas after jumps. Feh.

Twenty years in a cubicle farm led to tight hamstrings, tight hip flexors, tight shoulders, wrist and elbow problems, etc. etc. etc. — I was hooked after my second class.

anime%20smug

@OtherBill where do you live (country)

@OtherBill whats your favorite ice cream

tl;dr: they’re just things.

I’ve reached the point in my life that I could go out and buy just about any car that I want [within reason, of course] but I’m finding that the desire to own a high-end sports car is outweighed by two things:

• the desire to not be seen as a middle-aged tryhard having a mid-life crisis, and
  • the desire to do something more productive with my money

I’ve test-driven some really nice cars, but really, what’s the point of owning a car that can go so fast that they revoke your license and impound your car if you get caught actually do so? What’s the point of owning a track-worthy car if you’re afraid to drive it at its limit because it’d be just so damn expensive to fix when things go wrong?

As a result, I’d actually be tempted to go the opposite route and buy a well-maintained track-day beater (say, a spec Miata or other heavily prepared car) but in all honesty, racing karts give comparable performance for a fraction of the price.

you misspelled Honda Odyssey

-facepalm-

No, no. I mean something like

125cc shifter karts are beasts, and hella fun to drive.

Taken to extremes, you get behemoths like this:

which have similar power/weight ratios and handling characteristics as an F1 car, for $50-60k instead of millions of dollars…

Watch out for blue shells though

On that topic:
Have you played any nintendo games (mario, pokemon, etc)?

This is why 2nd place is the place to be until the last couple corners.

Yup — my son grew up during the N64 to Wii eras, so how could we not? At one point we had five or six consoles attached to the family room TV, including:

• a modded PS2 to play Japanese import rhythm games (Bemani family).
  • a first-gen Gamecube with an D2A component video cable (they removed the port for that from later hardware revisions to save on costs) and a Gameboy Player, then a GBA e-Reader plugged into that.

Pokemon? Nah, not my thing. Sorry to disappoint.

you have a SON WOW. how old are u? omg omg a rotmg player has a family WOW

I also have a family.

wow

-shrug-

Wow? Having a kid really isn’t that big of an achievement — have enough sex, and it’s bound to happen.

[Raising them properly, on the other hand, IS.]

As for my age, I think that’s already been pretty well hashed-out elsewhere on the forums. Suffice to say my son is older than most of you, so just do the math on that, eh?

still u play rotmg and most rotmg players are virgins…

most so like most of the rotmg population is like 20 so your son is like 25???
im 15 so im confused

[“Hi confused, I’m Dad.” (Couldn’t resist the obvious dad joke, sorry.) OB]

@GGaodzilla?