Outdated Rogue Guide

Before anyone takes any of this too seriously, keep in mind that this is VERY old:
Because of how outdated this is, I’m half expecting this thread to get moved to Off Topic or something. I was 4 years younger when I made this guide, so don’t expect some super helpful advice. I’m just sharing a little bit of nostalgia.

So anyway, I was browsing through my old messages on RealmEye, and I found this old guide for the Rogue that I had made and sent to my friends.

Here is the original unaltered message:
“Read this to find out the successful ways to correctly use a Rogue, and their risky cloak without dying, in simple step-to-step methods.”

“1. Have the items of a good Rogue. The items are a T10 Dagger or higher, Cronus works, and maybe the Bone Dagger (Depends what event you are doing.). The cloaks necessary are the T4 cloak or higher, but the Planewalker cloak works well (Just try not to teleport right on an enemy, unless you want a new gravestone added to your collection.). The armor needed is the T10 armor or higher, and Snake Skin Armor works ok, Coral Silk Armor works well, along with Spectral Cloth Armor. The rings you need are a T4 or higher Defense or Health ring. The rings you get from The Shatters and the Tomb of the Ancients work well too, but I prefer the Ring of the Pyramid. Most people think that a Speed ring or Dexterity ring works best for a Rogue, but the most important stats in the game are Health and Defense, so use those instead.”

“2. Be experienced with using a Rogue. It requires hard skill, long practice, and many sad unfortunate deaths to become skilled with a Rogue, or what I call a “Progue” (I’m hoping it will catch on.). The best way to become skill with a Rogue without unfortunate deaths are to use easy, cheap, but useful items that you wouldn’t care much about if you lost. The thing about Rogues is that THEY WORK BEST ALONE!!! The only other class that a Rogue can cooperate with is another Rogue himself. Before you start going reckless and farming events solo at Level 1, level up first in the Lowlands. Once Level 20, then go into the Godlands by teleporting to someone alone there, and going through the path that he already cleared. Gods respawn in spots, so be careful not to back away from 1 god, into a swarm of respawned gods. Rogues are great at preventing this from happening when alone, and it is the best way to train with a Rogue. Wait in an open space and pause the game (Type in /pause.). Keep it paused for about 5-10 minutes, to wait for the gods to respawn. after 5-10 minutes, unpause the game (Type in /pause again.), find a god swarm, then cloak, attacking the gods when cloaked. Then, either suicide, or try soloing the Rogue events. The Rogue events are Skull Shrines and Cube Gods. Skull Shrines are easier, because the skulls are closer the the boss, making it take not as long to run to the boss, which doesn’t move at all, making the accuracy easy. Cloak, run to the boss, attack for up to 2 seconds (With at least the T4 cloak.), and leave. The Cloak of the Planewalker (You get it from Limon the Sprite God in the Sprite World.) works amazing for this, because it saves your time by teleporting to the boss right away, allowing you to cloak for about 3-4 seconds (Depending on Speed.). Once familiar with Skull Shrines with a Rogue, then start with the Cube Gods. The Cube God has the chance of dropping the legendary Dirk of Cronus. It has a huge damage boost, and gives some Wisdom, allowing you to recharge MP to use the cloak faster. The Dirk of Cronus has a smaller range, but when cloaked alone at boss, the range doesn’t matter at all. Abuse the Dirk of Cronus. But again, remember that you are only TRAINING with this Rogue, so any Stat Potions, better items for Rogue, and UT Rogue items (Dirk of Cronus and Cloak of the Planewalker.), store in vault right away. Don’t even go like “One more god!”, for it might be the god that kills you. Once you have collected the items and are skilled with the Rogue, then enjoy a nice suicidal lava bath.”

“3. Make a Rogue with the items (Listed in step 1.) necessary, be familiar, level up in Lowlands, and then farm events! I would change the movement keys from WASD to ESDF, allowing the nexus hotkey to be the A key, where you can easily just tap in when in danger. Enjoy the game, get good loot, and give me free items for making this helpful guide! Just in case you took the last sentence seriously, then my In-Game-Name is Fhjcdvfbhx (I prefer pots, but any good famed item worth at least 1 Speed Potion is enough.).”

Back during this time, UT items were tradeable, and T8 items used to be worth ~1 Speed.

I STILL HAD MY OLD SPAM USERNAME AAAA

This is the greatest guide I have ever seen. Man, I share your problems :smiley:

have you achieved the progue

It never caught on :frowning:

It will now :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.