'Overdamage is a myth'

You know, I’m just gonna say it, I flat out believe there is a drop bug. Not necessarily overdamage, but I have noticed if I do the same exact things before the event chest, I’m almost always guaranteed the same drop, a shard of oryx almost every single time. I’m 100% tonight.

When I have done different steps, I don’t get the shard drop.

If the developers have not done any statistical testing on drop rates using C++ random fn, I don’t believe that it’s coded to avoid some type of seed bug.

I’m convinced, although that seems to be an unpopular opinion :man_shrugging:

The shard of the intern is meant to be guaranteed from the WC chest. So if you didn’t get it then it means your method didn’t get you soulbound.

Oh really? Lmao then I’m back to just a skeptic, not 100% convinced like I was saying in the last comment…

Edit: are you sure shard is guaranteed? I do get music notes every time guaranteed, but not shards, and the dps shouldn’t be much different

Funny enough, I quit for about 3 years, hopped into my first two dungeons since getting back, and got two white bags. Obviously, not at all a good indicator of any system being in place, since it was just two, but I thought I had to chime in

I got shard in 70~ player groups 20+ times already every time.

Yeah, but I can specifically get it 0% of the time too, while still getting music note drops. I get it 100% of the time if I leave my loot bag from the boss, and change staves just before shooting the chest.

Edit: yeah my bad on this one lol

“HUH?”
(checks)
Oh there’s an event: Wine Cellar Chest Challenge and Music Note Quest [Jul 16th to 22nd]
Thanks for the prompt. :slight_smile:

I think we need some more clear and complete data on this. What did the other players get? What tier were the items you got? What is the exact number on pbags? (you groups pbags and cyan bags together) What weapons did you use? There are just too many variables here that i want data on. Honestly i feel like a lot of times the loot is just completely random no matter what character i bring. I do think these initial statistics are quite interesting and we should initiate more research into this.

Yeah but no, 3 admins already said it doesn’t exist so it would be pointless.

@Unicorn what I’d say to that is basically, I think it’s really unlikely that the original submitter was able to control all the variables perfectly, and there is still a slight but present possibility that luck just made the result happen, but of course the number of people was almost certainly not constant. For n people the expected amount of mana is constant per person. However, he probably didn’t control that properly, and again, there is a chance that we just have this result as a statistical anomaly. As the DECA employee put it, RNG does do some strange things sometimes.

You can also hear Willem debunk the overdamaging myth way back in a 2013 RealmCast. But as he also says, “you can’t really put an end to myths.”

Truer words were never spoken.

Especially with what’s written on the Fire Sword wiki page.

just curious, who are the other people in this realmcast?

I’m not going to contribute much, but I’d just like to add that it still exists in the sense that some stuff dies too quickly for people to get SB on it (Limon is the most common case, as many classes are capable of solo instas) but also if the group does too much damage to it.

DashAhead, TiffyTiff, Zbornox, and Willem

…this has got to be satire right

interesting. pls tell me the steps so i can get good loot

I can’t believe Deca has brainwashed you too :frowning:

In all seriousness ty for the info

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.