Overdamage numbers

I was just thinking about this and thought it would be slightly interesting to implement into the experimental tab. I was doing sprites and i always pop Limon with my wizards spell bomb and thought it would be cool to see numbers pop up that show how much damage you did after the boss dropped to 0% hp (basically the extra damage dealt before it died). Thought it would be a kinda cool feature to add cause ive always wondered how many times we’ve over damaged a boss. Numbers could be indicated with like a blue color.

What exactly would be the use for this though?

Just to see how much damage you did to the boss after it dropped below 0% hp (seeing how much dmg your group did and such). I mean there no point seeing the exp of enemies at level 20 but we have that.

Overdamage oughtn’t be a part of the game imo.
Though, it would be cool to have an option for stacking damage numbers - much like how TF2 handles them (though those settings are sort of hidden for new players, ugh).

Can you tell me c:

I don’t think there is extra damage dealt after a boss dies…? AFAIK my wizard spell shots just fly off either a) to lag or b) because the enemy is already dead

Are you talking about overdamage as in ‘oh, I dealt too much damage, now I can’t get good loot!’ or do you just want to see how much damage you did over the sb threshold?

Eitherway, this won’t happen.

Overdamage that decreases your loot doesn’t actually exist, it’s a myth.

We won’t get the second either, as it would show people what the soulbound thresholds are, which Deca doesn’t want to release.

EDIT: re-read the OP and realized I misunderstood the post.

This would be pretty useless, I don’t see them adding it. It would be cool to see how much extra damage you did, but making this a thing would be a complete waste of Deca’s resources.

If I’m correct, the option should be in Adv. Options.
Otherwise, the commands related to hud_combattext should be of help (~_batching_window ## will determine the amount of time that has to pass before it stops accumulating it).
/off-topic now!

ty :heart:

You see the only reason i thought of this was because when i was doing a sprite it had like 1% hp and i got a perfect spell bomb and they disappeared into it so wanted an option just to see the “oh i went past the hp limit”

Also i mean we have an option to see exp gain which is useless at level 20 so why not, doesnt seem hard to add either.

seeing xp numbers can be useful, you can use it to know if you’re within range of enemies to gain fame, seeing how much extra damage you would be doing to an enemy if it didn’t die has no purpose at all other than “I think it would be cool”

Also, the XP gain thing has been around for a long time within pservers and hacked clients, even if it weren’t in the prod version the code to enable it wouldn’t have been that hard to make, as you just have to toggle an already existing piece of code. This isn’t in any pservers or hacked clients that I know of, so I’d assume it isn’t super easy to code or that many people want this at all.

Overall its a cool idea, but it’s still a major waste of resources for Deca when they could use that time to be working on the Unity port and new dungeons.

I get how this could be satisfying: this is pretty much the same as killing a guy in a FPS with a rocket launcher just to see his remains splattered everywhere (except lower-rez and more family-friendly).

However, if I turned ally damage numbers off to reduce lag, I don’t think I’m going to want to use a feature that takes ally damage into account. It’d probably create a huge lagspike every time a boss gets killed in a crowded public dungeon.

Tf2?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.