Paralyzing the Forgotten King

So the Forgotten King is immune to paralyze, yet he can still be paralyzed by the trap. I just don’t understand how he is immune to effects dealt with projectiles, but not AOE, the huntress trap can slow and paralyze him, but the archer quiver does nothing to him. I’m only asking this cause I just lost my 8/8 warrior to a paralyzed king (nexus key didn’t work for some reason) and it got me wondering why he is SUPPOSEDLY immune to paralyze, yet he can be paralyzed anyway. Seems like either an intentional design flaw (find the reference there) or kabam, who put the shatters in the game, decided to fuck with players. If anyone has an answer to this, please let me know.

TL;DR, why can the third shats boss be paralyzed and slowed by huntress trap and not archer quiver?

Any monster with a set movement path, e.g. Forgotten king, can be stopped by an entity, eg a trap, or decoy, or a bag.

This is a flaw in the game, but there may not be a fix for it

As poopy said it can be stopped by an entity, but I think that a trap wouldn’t work because it’s placed in the center of a tile while the the hit box of monsters is actually slightly on the right

oh well, rip warrior in memory of Doozer

The General Chat Thread

He can be slowed by anything, but not paralyzed.

Ctrap used to bypass immunity to paralyze (making 2nd boss an even bigger joke than it is now), but that was fixed by Kabam a while ago.

Pretty sure I accidentally managed to fuck up Forgotten King once with a ctrap. There was nothing else that could have blocked him.

Now I try to put my ctraps slightly in front of him when getting rid of tentacles.

Honestly up till now I still dont understand why elec pets could paralyse king during “drown and be swallowed” phase, and its only if you place the pet right on top of him during the very beginning of the phase when he just start moving: :thinking:

Is it kind of like how we could damage chest on the instant where it is spawned?

But king is immune to paralyse, so is the pet an entity like bags which could stop king?

But unlike bags pets cant stop king when he ran across it, and could only stop the king during the very first moment of the beginning of the phase if it has elec skill​:thinking::thinking:

You sure it wasn’t the hitbox of a pet or a helpless soul, or even a trickster’s decoy?

Helpless Souls were blowing up on the sides, nowhere near him and would have gotten caught in the ctrap spam anyway.

If pets/players can stop him, that might have been what caused it, because there were no brown bags and no Tricksters around.

Soulbound bags work. Some people drop sb items on the king to make him not move, it could have been that.

I know, I got the sword cancel on Guardians not too long ago by leaving my Def in its blue bag in the middle of the room.

I just don’t remember anyone running up to F King, so unless they can airdrop their items anywhere they want I don’t think that’s what happened.

Now that I think about it, I don’t think players and pets can stop the king anyway, so that may be the ctrap then

Because archer is overused, deca is wondering why you make archers and not huntresses

This is also the case for drake eggs. An orange drake can stasis everything, including ones that are supposively immune to stasis. Guess they have to put the extra code to remove all exceptions.

Does paralysing drake eggs (pretty sure those are the blue ones) bypassing the king’s immunity, like the statis ones do?

What about the little cheetos?
You could have paralyzed them in his path, basically bagging him.

I believe no, haven’t tested it specifically, but blue drakes don’t para other para-immune things like castle guards (para-immune since winter update).

I asked him about it already, and they are called helpless souls

They will always be little cheetos to me.

Actually they are called shatters lava souls, but come on. Tell me they don’t look like cheetos.

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/helpless-souls