Parties idea and for the health of Realm

Parties

How does it work?

Parties will let you form small groups within the scope of each server. Encouraging the idea of not using discord as a source of forming groups for dungeons. How will you be able to form a party? There will be an icon to the right of the exaltations overview. It will be a fairly complicated menu consisting of multiple tabs and options. The first one you will always see (if not currently in party which we’ll discuss later) is an active tab of parties in your current location (nexus/realm/dungeon/guild/bazaar)

Starting with current location tab, it will then be divided into sub categories consisting of specific party size, goal, and creating a new party.

When clicking on party size, you will be given the option of picking your desired party size. There will be 7 party sizes consisting of duo, triple, small (6), medium (12), large (20), extra-large (27+), or all. Once selected, subsequent party-sizes will be shown. All will be default.

Moving on from the party-size category, next comes the goal category. Goals will also have a sub-category, consisting of fame, leveling, dungeons, and trading. All will be default as well.

There will be a filter icon as well which you can access whenever you are viewing the parties in your location, filtered, or not. There, you can filter by alphabeticul order, A-Z or Z-A, oldest to newest, guild only, etc.

Next we have the create a party option. When clicked, you will be given options to set for party-size, goal, and name. You may choose to type a unique name, or default is “(your name)'s party”. Lastly, you will be prompted to create a new party with an overview of your party requirements as well as a cancel button.

When looking at parties listed, each party will have a header displaying party name and current members out of the max, ie; 6. There, members of the current party will be displayed, always starting with the current party leader.

Now then, if you already are part of an existing party, a list of your party members will be shown, starting with party leader at top. Each subsequent member shown will have thier name and character image displayed. Also to the right, their class type, health, mana, fame, and level.Two new icons will appear to the right of the filter icon. One is an overview of party for every party member to see. The one to the right of it is the leave party button. Giving the member an option to leave the party whenever. The overview will show party size, goal, name, party leader, and current drop rate% and damage% (more on this later) and option to leave.

Now my favorite part, the drop rate increase and damage buff! This functionality is one push to negate players to use a third party app, specifically for the idea of large groups to steamroll a dungeon. If the size of a party is over 27+, they will recieve no loot drop increase or damage increase, however they will recieve a 1.75x fame increase that effects all members of the party, regardless if present or not. For parties that are duo, you will recieve a 1.05% drop rate and a 20% damage increase! For a party of triple they will recieve a 1.15% drop rate and 25% damage increase. For small parties, they will get a 1.30% drop rate and 30% damage increase. Medium parties will recieve a 1.10% drop rate increase and 15% damage increase. Finally, large parties will recieve 1.05% drop rate and 5% damage increase. All members must be in same location (realm,dungeon) to recieve benefits.

Lastly, each player in a party which is lower than 27 members can upgrade damage and drop rate once. If a party member who contributed to the upgrades left the party, their upgrade would follow. Large parties can upgrade their loot boost by 1% and damage by 2%. Medium parties can upgrade their loot boost by 2% and damage by 3%. Small parties loot boost by 5% and damage by 4%. The cost will be a flat 2500 fame per upgrade, regardless of party size.

When looking at the minimap, party members would show up blue. There would also be a private party chat, ie; /p.

Another last benefit would be unique “drop in” mechanic for running dungeons. When a party leader opens a key, every member will have a pop up to allow them to enter the dungeon, regardless of where you’re at in relation to the party leader. This will completely get rid of the problems of unwanted players crashing your runs. The party leader at any point can shift their role to someone else, and they will not receive this benefit of party leader. However, the newly appointed party leader will.

Now what exactly will this party system accomplish? It will reinforce players to play in the realm, and give the player a sense of structure and direction for their play style. It should lessen the chance of a user going to a third party app to run dungeons, etc. It brings needed change to Realm, a way for Realm to expand its mmorpg side while providing fresh ideas beyond just new gear and dungeons. As a 10+ year player to Realm, a lot of the community are veterans like me. We keep the game going and are the most expressive to change. While the party system is not the solution for everything with Realm, it does allow a more rewarding experience playing realm, and with friends.

I strongly believe my idea would work for the benefit and health of Realm. I have many more ideas and as a computer science major, would love to help improve games we always come back to like this one. I hope people who read this can drop respond, sharing your ideas and overally getting this post popular. Maybe getting deca to respond and possibly implement. I want Realm to come back stronger than it every was. Thank you.

-Hopefully I made sense lol

-Jojojoo

We already have in-game parties though: they’re called guilds. The reason players are less interested in them is perhaps Discord, but the solution to that is not add a whole new way of organising within the game. Better to find ways to improve guilds.

It would end up largely being a tool of Discord groups, where groups are already pre-sorted by ability/interest and already in communication. It would be much more tedious to do purely in game, especially as the game has no way to check things like how maxed a player is.

I strongly doubt you could get DPS and loot drop boosts from it, as players would just use it to gift those boosts to themselves, perhaps forming a party just for that before going back to playing however they wanted. Definitely then every Discord group would take advantage of it.

Key popping priority? There are numerous ways to do this already, such as in the guild hall for a guild, in the bazaar for anyone else.

Personally I do like this idea, and a lot of pservers if not every pserver has this feature.

Sometimes if I’m clearing realm I’ll find a group of people and we’ll have fun together and occasionally I’ll want to send something to all of them and one of them will be in a dungeon, so the solution for me was to copy my message and then paste it to everyone. It’s a terrible solution, but its the only one without having to have everyone join a guild or go onto discord. Guilds are meant for more permanent groups whereas parties are just temporary.

I don’t really know about the bonuses that parties get or anything, but all I want is for there to be parties so people can talk with each other without having to dm everyone individually.

Yeah, in the end, I just want us to be able to talk easier and enjoy running dungeons together, simply put.

I’ve already suggested the same thing years ago, good idea, and deca doesn’t ever listen because who knows. They should just ditch the useless guild system and make a complete party system so we don’t have to leave the game (discord) to group with other players.

Could make joining a realm-clearing party, oryx party, specific dungeon party, as easy as clicking 1 button in game, instead of having to join several discords.

This would probably revive the game chat too

insert group of 50 players each in 25 groups of two :3 this could be redone in a way that makes “locking groups” or something like that, a tag+color you can apply to another player on the map to have them stand out, this would be a great help as to why you might have someone locked, such as raid leaders, scammers, and more

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.