Passive Armor Effects - Three Concepts

Bonemold Husk (Heavy)

Molded from the skeletons of countless undead, this husk can tap into the lifeblood of your enemies
Stat Bonuses:

• +12 Def
  • +25 Hp
  • +4 Spd
  • -10 Vit

Effects:

• Constantly steals 5 Hp per second from all enemies within 3 sqrs of the wearer

Drops From

• Lord Ruthven

Moss Weave Garb (Robe)

With this robe you may be able to destroy even the souls of your foes, at a cost…
Stat Bonuses:

• +4 Def
  • +75 Hp
  • +12 Vit

Effects:

• Abilities cost both Hp and Mp, but only 60% the abilities cost in each (i.e. A tome that costs 60 Mp to use normally now costs 36 Mp and 36 Hp).

Drops From

• Murderous Megamoth

The Nameless Vestige (Light)

"Lost is the boy, who wears no shoes. Unseen is the man, who has no name."
Stat Bonuses:

• +10 Def
  • +4 Spd
  • +4 Wis

Effects:

• Reduces the range in which enemies will detect the wearer by 50% (i.e. if an enemy would see the player when they are 20 sqrs or less away, they will now see the player when they are 10 sqrs or less away).

Drops From

• Daichi the Fallen

I like the concepts, but some of these passive effects are a little bit too overpowered.

Melee classes have more HP, Defense, and Vitality than most other classes, so -10 Vit really isn’t going to make a large impact.
As for the HP stealing, this would make rushing certain dungeons even easier for a melee class (like UDLs or Abysses). I like the idea, but it needs to be nerfed quite a bit. Maybe something more like 4-5 HP, and at a range of 3? It would still be useful in some instances.

I like this concept, but it shouldn’t be for the robe classes. Robe classes have more MP and less HP than all of the other classes. I can’t see this being very helpful for them; in fact, I think this would actually put you at more of a disadvantage. I actually think that this would be more suitable for the melee classes.

Too overpowered. Lower the chance to 2%, and lower the length of invisibility to 1 second. It’d still be a useful thing to have.

I still do like the concepts for all of these, I like the names/descriptions, I like how the actual stats of the gear are weaker than average (so as to balance it out), and I even like the drop locations.
After reworking the passive abilities a little bit, I’d like to see some sprites (along with feed power, rarity, and fame bonus).

By the way, I don’t actually know for sure which armor is for which class (other than the robe). I only assumed which one was which, using the stats and passive effect. Maybe you could specify them above the item name, because I might’ve mixed them up, don’t know for certain :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry if I didn’t go into enough detail for my points, I tried summarizing them up quickly so I will actually have enough time to respond to other posts (instead of spending 40 minutes on a single reply lol). Hope I put my point across.

Thanks for the feedback! I just implemented the changes you suggested, the abilities probably were pretty overpowered. I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do with the robes ability, I’ll think it over for now and change it if I come up something better. I also labeled the armors to show whether they are light, heavy, or robes.

Thanks again :smile:

Priest plus robe equals power (always healing hp so it is practically a 60% mp cost causing more heal spamming)

I like the items much more now, and the sprites look good too! Thank you for taking my suggestions into consideration, and I’m happy to be able to have helped :slight_smile:

Nice ideas! I really hope small passive abilities can be implemented as it would really spice things up. all the item ideas that pop up nowadays are just slight stat or fire rate changes that aren’t unique enough to make their own item.

I dont like the effect from the nameless vestige though, it’s just too impractical unecessarily brings rng into this.

Only the HP steal idea is good, robe classes would probably rather use only MP for their abilities because they have more MP and the robes stat bonuses are not good for robe classes. The chance to become invisible is bad because it’s luck based.

Heavy armor’s stat bonuses looks like a bootleg version of the breastplate of life that gives 12 def but 150-160 hp

Thanks! I am going change the Vestige to “Reduces the area in which enemies will detect you by 20%” so it is less RNG based.

Edit: I did 50% instead because looking at the view ranges of enemies, 20% would not really do anything. I may reduce it to 40% though.

(Then realizes that Dr Terrible and multiple other bosses can be killed without the dagger class even activating them, much less an archer class)
Dr terribles activation range (and a few other dungeon bosses) is 10 tiles.

cool i like them, although the heavy could get seriously strong on situations, but pratically useless most times (99%). that def is super weak. i mean it can be used as a swapout. im not too updated with the new mobs…

umm robe is ok i guess, i feel like ive seen similar concepts before, although u can have a fun ime killing yourself as well. although i see u really dont like def, like damn… 4 def… if i killed def i wouldve gone into increasing hp and mp, or maybe atk?

the last one is an idea ithat i had but never finished i think i called it “fog veil” the main problem i had was the possibilty of off screen monsters, not sure if u can do that, so i was going to test a few things but never got around to it

Besides the last one, I think these are decent ideas! If not for armors, for rings.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.