password requirments are stupid

I would really like to change my realmeye password to something I can remember but your fucking password requirements are retarded, please fix this.

and realmeye (along with every other website with a login system) would really like people to not pick garbage-tier passwords and lose everything they have.

even if realmeye could somehow be convinced to change their password restrictions, you’re not going to make that kind of progress on every other website you run into that also enforces similar password restrictions. this is something you really should just learn to live with by now. if you still can’t come up with a password that you can remember, get a password manager.

First slap yo self

2nd
Ask @MrEyeball for a new password, then reset the password your smoll ass brain will remember.

God I want to wc this so bad

Hey, Lilc

Thank you for contacting us with your password appeal. However, we cannot do anything at the moment as we’re still [not] looking into a possible solution for your issue, and we’ll let you know when we do [which is never].

TLDR: literally just tell mreyeball to reset your password, and put it on a notepad file or something, I don’t fucking know.

Ho-oly. You should be a professional DECA dev someday. You sound just like one.

At first, I thought the title said “passwords are stupid”, but I see it’s not that. I honestly don’t see what the problem is. Contact Mr. Eyeball in-game using the /tell command.

I’m surprised you didn’t know already.

Wait.

How did you even get here in the first place?

Less assholery please.

If you’re talking about Realmeye making you a random password it can be changed by going into your settings on your realm eye page.

If you’re talkin about Realmeye demanding you have a capital letter And symbol in your password, you’re out of luck. This is just the standard of today’s passwords.

Afaik regularly changing password isn’t really a considered a good practice anymore

Dr. Terrible is secretly aiding Oryx in an attempt to hack RealmEye users.

whats funny is more people here not answering his rant, only @Xaklor answering his rant. he rant about password requirement not remembering or changing the password

Wow, so cool of you using retarded as an insult!

I like how this guy has 64 likes on this topic and most of them are dissing him xd

Respect demands respect

In all seriousness, what’s the purpose of having a capital letter/symbol in your password instead of just making us do a 12 character or longer one? 26^12 > 48^10 by a fairly large margin, and it’s easier to remember a password that’s just lowercase letters

I mean I just use a completely randomised series of symbols and numbers and lower uppercase symbols for everything but rotmg won’t even accept it bc it’s 8 letters. 8 letters is the standard nowadays but I’m assuming bc of swat Sec DECA felt the need to tighten things up. Though I don’t see why they couldn’t just scan passwords for common words ._.

Using just lowercase letters makes a dictionary attack much easier. Adding in symbols makes the complexity exponentially more difficult. There are 137,000+ Unicode characters. Even if a fraction of those total characters are permissible in password creation, it can easily thwart a dictionary attack.

As for your question? It’s likely to save space in the user database.

This thread is about the realmeye service. This website is not affiliated with Deca Games, and is run by the community.

You cannot dictionary attack the in game passwords, because of the anti hacking code that’s been in the game for years. “Too many logins, try again later”. Even at a significantly lowered cooldown of 2 minutes, it would take decades to crack a fairly simple password.

Realmeye on the other hand does not have such a security measure. You can effectively run such attacks, which is why the password validation for complex passwords exist. However, the host of realmeye will most likely notice your attempts fairly quickly, which can lead to a range of situations, from being denied access to the service, to legal action depending on how terrible of a hacker you are.

Do NOT TRUST DR TERRIBLE

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.