Patch 1.2.0.2: Necromancer's Revenge

brains to get event whites

Where are the fame rework?

ok have every event white but ty for helping if thats it imma just skip this event then its kinda pointless

1o9qkhI

Ahhhā€¦ So very soon after this Halloween update. I believe in couple days to next week at the most.

Iā€™d put my money on November 4th. DECA updates on Wednesdays and the Halloween stuff ends that day aswell.

I am anticipating the fame rework thatā€™s about to come. Also RIP Janus.

Pog unclosable killable realm ava

Avatar isnā€™t required to close the realm, right?

Ava is not required to seal the realm.

Gonna brace myself and do a uhā€¦ maze runā€¦ tomorrow cause I need sleep.

bad set doh

The oryx castle is really nice visually, but everything else in it really sucks.

the battle leading up to stone guardians is really bizzare and the hp scaling on the tumors is really ridiculous and slows the progression down by alot. The stnoe guardians and the cramped space make a unfun fight with all the bullets blending in at times with the fleshy floor.

Oryx 1 exists, with it having some stupid anti insta-ing hp regen that doesnt work properly and just makes the fight way longer than it should be. On top of the different behaviors that really fuck you up.

Oryx 2 is a mess. The shotguns are way too fast on top of being too frequent, making it really hard not just to stun it, but hitting it as well. the enemies here are worse as they have hp scaling and take too long to kill. The chase phase is one of the worse phases Iā€™ve ever seen in this game, with the sudden charging being even faster than the fucking fungal spider (fuck him by the way) and . The suns are even more annoying since they blend in with the floor. Dancing seems to be expanded but more frequent throwing, annoying. The extra phases with the painlings and returning to shotgunning is not a welcome addition from me.

This isnā€™t accounting for you know what, which makes any fun that could be had with this theme change unbearable and the issues above worse.

overall the Halloween stuff is fine, but the implementation of the infested oryxā€™s castle isnā€™t good, which saddens me.

But to say something positive about all this, I really appreciate the attention to detail with changing the castle to fit the parasite chamberā€™s aesthetic, but making sure itā€™s recognizable. the rocky tiles are also pretty neat, and while I dont like any of the phases in the infested oryx or guardians, I can atleast appreciate the work that went into even bothering to change them for the event

speaking of, they could make a parasite themed event boss in the future, could be fun.

soulless doh

Castle and wc are just a total eyesoreā€¦ Itā€™s really not new player friendly at all, with wavy difficult to see high damage projectiles and armor break at every corner. Also everything is just awful visually; at one moment I was at half hp with nothing around me in the castle and I still am not sure where the damage came from. I really donā€™t know how this past through testing or quality check, if any testing/qc was done whatsoever.

Anyways glad it only last a few days I suppose. I just hope they take it down swiftly at the end of the event.

Edit: And who had the idea to add the bombs at the first castle wall like there isnā€™t a start lag every single time:

PSA to anyone who hasnā€™t ran it yet donā€™t walk up to the wall

Edit 2: Honestly pull the build and hotfix where the bombs donā€™t jump this first castle wallā€¦ itā€™s messed up

The red on red visuals are definitely causing the deaths of many characters right now. In the dance phase you can barely see the red bombsā€¦

We brought spooky boi back home!

so many better robes exist(and better looking).

what i dislike most: red projectiles on a red floor. I just donā€™t see these projectiles, so i cannot dodge. makes me avoid oryxā€™ stuff within the event time.

I do like the idea of the infested castle.