Patch 32.4.1 & Upcoming Events

stop giving talwar references it’s making me sad

the robe is literally on the same page you linked lol. But I like the attack boosts.

@moderators there are some formatting bugs in the copy-paste from Reddit in the OP. Only Mods have the power to edit in #news:developers-corner so would you mind updating the text with the formatted version below? Thanks.

formatted Patch Notes (mods you can edit this post to copy/paste it)

[done, -Xak]

Main screen graphic for this patch:

Quite a lot to digest! Most of the changes seem positive and logical. Would’ve expected this to be a major patch number due to how much has been changed/fixed.

Minor instinctual gripes: stasising a crystal can used to be useful when wanting to duo crack it mystic/sorcerer or mystic/priest since it allows you to get twice as many bulwark shots to hit it. Or to tactially give someone time to teleport when CPris dies in ~5 seconds. But yeah… trolls. I wish they’d just get on with completely reworking mystic to remove stasis as primary ability instead of continually removing the uses due to accidental misfires, (and overtrolling).

Piercing shots at guards might be a bit harsh when you’re often forced to do this fight in a massive group and you can’t tell what is going on. Expecting to see a few ‘surprise’ deaths from this from inexperienced/unalert players.

Will report back with more after having done some playing.

The problem then becomes: given the IC/OoC changes, what’ll become of Mystic? Surely you can’t just have an ability that just puts Curse on enemies when used, that’d be pretty boring.
And it’d also require some description changes, given that most Orbs refer to locking monsters in spacetime or somefin of the like.

Yeah, sorry, that was a poorly worded comment from me mixed in with unnecessary annoyance at the game removing some of the remaining times that I do stasis, and it’s so niche times that it’s not very relevant at all; shouldn’t have to use stasis to allow people time to TP, that’s a fault in the CPris or chest fight design if they are over in sub 10 seconds.

Stasis still has some great uses especially in the early/mid pet phases (eg. minions at spawned event heroes) and when rushing, so yeah I’ll undo that thought please!

(I’m also bringing my baggage of disliking how curse was put onto mystic when it has nothing to do with the class design, when curse and stasis don’t have a lot of synergy, wishing they’d done a new witch class to be the curser-in-chief for the game, with variable curses as its primary role. /digression).

Is anyone else unreasonably annoyed at the mwoods update? It’s sorta a cool concept on paper to have hallucination from the water, but in practice it means you’re always stuck seeing weird sprites. It was really pretty before, now it’s one of the ugliest dungeons in the game.

Mwoods, agree definitely not a nice change. If the water’s going to be like that, it should at least offer paths through (like abyss/lava) so you can do the dungeon without enforcably getting the status effect. (edit: it does have this). And Jungle already has hallucinating as its ‘thing’ from the occasional room, so I don’t see how Mwoods copying that gives it a unique feel. Uniquely annoying, sure :yuk:.

Hive has healing in its water, so (edit: it doesn’t) Mwoods could’ve been given energised as its water, which would assist lower pet players since the enemies do spam up quite readily. Anyone capable of rushing will do so anyway with zero problem, so it is the lower end that it should be aimed at.

This is the new Ddocks portal… it’s got a parrot on! Though it’s lost the silver interior denoting an epic dungeon.

And here’s the Cool And New Woodland Labyrinth + Crawling Depths portals.

???

Now noobs like me won’t think Janus is oryx lmfao

@Orsome

Whoops, definitely missed that. Thanks

And:

;3

That Candy Land was the only one I’ve done, and I did not stay much longer after getting the fairy plate. But it definitely seemed like the boss spawn rate was significantly enhanced, though I would not like to guess how much by.

Also was looking forward to the new boss, the cup cake. Which was pretty underwhelming when it arrived – just a moving loot chest it seemed like.

It only has a single burst-ring attack, which deals a pretty hefty chunk of damage at 100 AP damage a shot.
But, yeah, it’s maybe too simple of a boss =w="

Saw its attack yesterday, in another Candy Land. Not sure why I did not see it first time – don’t think we arrived too late and it did not go down quickly.

Lord Ruthven fight in Manor is too hard now, he somehow heals back like half his health after every bat phase. So even if the group has enough dmg to kill all 4 coffins, they still might never be allowed to finish.

He steals life.

DodGE nOoB

It is certainly a lot more tedious now to solo. Used to be the straightforward strategy for soloing was keep away from the bats. Go in only when he is vulnerable, do some damage, go out. Do that four or five times and you had your loot.

This now takes much longer, both as it takes longer for him to return to the centre on his own, and as the number of times you need to do it is much more.

In theory you can speed things up by killling coffins but that takes quite some time on your own while trying to avoid bats, in my experience as long as it used to take for him to go back to the middle automatically, and you still have to do it many more times. It’s even worse if you get confused, causing you to miss him and/or take lots of damage that heals him.

It’s much better with a group. With a few people the coffins die very quickly. More people mean the bats don’t all crowd one player, and also make it easier to avoid his healing shotgun. Though it does mean more chance you have a noob unable to avoid his shots.