Patch 32.5.0

@Shatter Will you do the honors of moving this?

Relatively small update this time around, huh.
A refresher for those who missed or forgot it, from the previous patch:

The Crystal Prisoner dialogue correction was her saying “This your reward!”, instead of the intended “This is your reward!”.

fyi leaders can also now do this

Biggest QoL update, hoping this is true.

It’s my boy!

RotmgVeigar

oldveigar

Game’s had a small update to X.32.5.1, copying patch notes from part of the Reddit Events post.

(For the Events, see Upcoming Events - Secluded Thicket, Manor of the Immortals and more!)
(For the Feb login calendar, see February 2020 Login Calendar)

Patch 32.4.1 & Upcoming Events

this is a bad idea imo

Before you could farm for a soulless by just killing the guys you need to get for the lich anyways, whereas now it slows down the progress since people focus on the other minions.

Another small update to X.32.6.0, copying Misc patch notes from part of the Reddit Events post.

For the Events, including mention about the reworked Bella’s Garden and change of Valentine’s Archer items to ST, see topic: Valentine’s Day Events

How much is 1 love letter worth exactly? Seems to vary I sold one for gcookie and 2l but then i asked someone and they said it was like 1l

I seem to remember in previous years you could get an 8-, 9- or 10-heart stack for about a life.

I didn’t realise the Love Letters themselves were tradeable now. I’ve sent a message to MrEyeball to hopefully get them added to RE Trading pages Asap (edit 13th Feb, they’re now all available to select).

The demand is probably at a peak right now as people don’t know how many they’ll be able to farm so buyers may be inflating the price as spenders with wealth want to make sure they get enough to not miss out.

last event I was selling 8 stacks of heart for a life. I’ll bet you can sell hearts for even more now, since life is so cheap. gcookie is like 2L, so a total of 4L for 20 hearts isn’t bad. You might be able to get more.

If it’s like last time prices will vary greatly over the event. Start off high as people look to complete their stacks, but fall off a cliff towards the end as people keep collecting them and run out of things to use them on. To make a killing sell all your letters early, then buy them again in the last days when they should be much cheaper.

At the start of the event 10 letters were worth a DECA, now they’re 20 a deca and that’s just in a day

Yep there is a spike of interest from buyers as the event gets really near ending, and people get desperate trying to complete but that’s usually more than balanced by sellers also desperate to sell for whatever they can get.

I find it really interesting to watch how the prices track (and though I know it is dumb to buy early I still do, like many, to make sure I don’t miss out!). Up to 19 LLs through trading alone. :smiley:

Game updated to X.32.6.1, copying Miscellaneous patch notes from part of the Events post on Reddit.

For the Events, including mention of the new mask items, see topic: Carnival Events

Pressing interact key on a full realm shows its ID

??

I actually have no clue what this means. My best guess is that it’s either a server-side thing, or it’s the new Connection IDs and disconnection error messages displaying on the client (which isn’t really a “tracking system”, unless you expect regular players will magically know to report these incidents and somehow these reports will be handled in a timely manner so that they are actually meaningful. I honestly just assume those are just debugging features that accidentally made it into a release).

I think it’s interesting either way, since this probably means they’re working on the servers in some way and we can pretty much all agree from our experience of playing the game that there is absolutely room for improvement on those.

I’ve stated this many many times but I think deca should do a server campaign. Wayyyy more people who contribute to that and it might even persuade f2p people to pay because that would be universally beneficial to everyone

That’s a pretty stupid thing to believe considering that, y’know, it’s in the patch notes.
I think that it’s too make it easier to spot what type of thing caused a DC for someone - they can see the technical reason, include that in their post w/o needing to understand it themselves, and, provided they give some extra context, Deca can (hopefully) apply a fix for the issue for the next release (or at least find out what causes this problem; thanks to the new info now given to players when dc’d, this process can get done a lot faster thanks to the technical reason already being known)

The thing is, “Disconnection tracking system” could mean a lot of different things, especially most likely server-side (which the player would likely not be able to see on client-end, it wouldn’t be necessary to have such feature display on the client end for it to function).
What I see showing up in the client doesn’t really look like a tracking “system” to me, maybe moreso tracking tools, which is why I made the assumption that it might have been debugging tools left behind, because this happens all the time in software releases even outside of the world of RotMG. I could definitely be wrong about this, and that’s alright.

The thing is, that’s a fair explanation as to why the text shows up. The issue is that this is not explained at all, we get three words in the patch notes about this. Maybe testers know a bit more than we do, but as far as I know, it’s literally speculation that this is what the error message and ID is for (and not just, as I assumed, debugging tools accidentally left in).
It’d be understandable if the casual player who doesn’t really pay attention to patch notes gets thrown for a loop and starts wondering what this weird new text is. However, people who do read the patch notes see “Disconnection tracking system” and are still thrown for a loop when they encounter the weird new text, because they’re not quite certain if what they encountered is the tracking system, and it doesn’t quite fit the bill of a “disconnection” tracking system when you get the Connection ID thrown at you when you do generally normal player things that don’t actually disconnect you like try to join a full realm.

I’m not trying to be pedantic, I’m just rather confused (yet again) as to why Deca can’t spare even a small amount of explanation on another non-trivial new thing they’ve implemented. Something like “You can provide these numbers in your support ticket if you run into a disconnection issue!” would take less than a minute to think and type up if that is the explanation for example, but we don’t even get that.

New patch: Balance Changes & Dungeon Cap Update [X.32.7.0]