Patch Note X.31.8.3 - Community Event Details

almost 30k right before the reset
We’re gonna have to push though

It’s kind of fun they still say “keep it going”.
They have faith on us ^^’!

what are we at right now?

Discord_2019-08-03_11-49-29

posted around 50 mins ago

We’re not going to even make tier one

Discord_2019-08-04_10-30-15

The rate could accelerate towards the finish, but it is a strange thing to do as it’s a very publicly visible thing that can be pointed to as a sign of the game being in ill health, if/when the tiers aren’t hit.

There is a chance DECA could just give us max rewards as a pity prize lol because everyone has the mentality that “oh 2 marks a day from me won’t matter, other people will just do the quests so I don’t have to”

why wouldn’t it be linear?

I guess he’s assuming the community generally grinds harder during the beginning and end of an event due to “oh new event cool” and “oh shit it’s ending quick, grind” idk

I don’t want to repeat what Unicorn said, but it’s essentially so. When a group of individuals are met with a deadline, despite the number of individuals that might attempt to front load the project, or work the same every day, it’s been observed that, given a large enough sample size, the group will homogeneously rise in production as the time left approaches zero.

I don’t think they’ll give us pity tiers. It’s more likely that they intervene, either by making additional quests that still give points towards it, making the quests not be limited to 2 per day or something to that effect.

I kind of want it to fail and not even get tier 1 because watching the world burn is fun, but I can’t imagine Deca would allow that to happen. I’ve seen similar events in other games in the past and the devs always end up rigging it so the playerbase doesn’t outright fail.

They’ve added a Fuel 3 and Fuel 4 quest (each is the same, 1 Oryx Mark=1 shard+2 scraps):

What are we at now?

Close to 60,000

Also it says you have to participate in the event to get the free spin on the fungle cavern box, does this mean you have to get at least 1 shard?

I think the 1 shard will be used in a single Tinkerer quest to exchange for whatever tier is hit of the mystery ST thing(s).
But the spins will be assessed on your Tinkerer history, so having simply done a Fuel quest will be enough even if you have used/dropped the shard you should still get the spins. (Disclaimer: don’t blame me if not true!)

GG they actually add more quest, haha

Saw this announcement a little bit ago (yes I was farming my marks at the time :stuck_out_tongue: )

They should have done the 4 reps, right at the middle of the community event (almost 20k in one day… just imagine). They could just add a multiplier now :sweat_smile: