Patch Notes 27.7.X.10

Happy New Year!

After a short break for the holidays, we came back to a fun bunch of bots trying to crash our servers. We modified a few things and they should no longer be able to do any harm.

Also behind the scenes, we’ve been working on new features and the longer term projects we discussed in our last producer letter. It’s sometimes slow going (trying to get it right), but we’re committed to continue to provide at least small updates as we go to make sure the game stays fresh.

Today we have a small release with a few bug fixes, skins and pet stones.

Fixes

• Fixed pet sprite sizes in the UI
  • Fixed stacking pet tool tip in the pet yard

New

• Inuit Skin (made by Beige)

http://i.imgur.com/qeSS3rM.png

• Snowcloaked Rogue (made by Poshun)

http://i.imgur.com/5os1ejj.png

• Added several pet stones for existing pets, to be released as we go along. Stay tuned!

Changed

• Removed candy cane items

From Reddit

There’s roughly three new pet stones per family, according to Atomizer’s changelog of the client:
Common: turtle, robobuddy, cardinal, sheepdog, elephant, duck, tan cat, red ant, penguin, dino, spirit, hamster, sprite star
Rare: peppermint snail, redbot, USA eagle, gold bulldog, panda, mallard, white lion, leprechaun, bee, karate purple, frilled lizard, werewolf cub, gummy bear
Divine: golden crab, gutsbot, griffin, golden hyena, king gorilla, enraged yak, tiger, beetleman, tank penguin(!!!), poison drake, snowy owl

Also, a new item called Dragon Buddies that seems to summon a chain of baby dragons.

oh fck i forgot to post this…

oh well…

i got 14 candy canes…

Are they saying they fixed some of the lag?

All of it.

Return to realm on an alt --> it vanished from the nexus

wait a sec
realm appears , massive lag in there.

This is what those bots did to break realms

Talked with the devs (testing), this was the only cause of increased server issues lately. Mostly those unplayable 1K+ jitter realms. Gone now :slight_smile:

I’m glad they fixed it, now I have to work on getting rid of lag on my end.

Good luck with that!

Yo guys we added these things to the code, you can’t get them but yay!

I’ll take that as confirmation of my recent statements that it wasn’t the servers causing lag, but rather attacks on the servers causing lag.

Aren’t you guys the ones who make this? Why aren’t you sure?

Inuit is a skin for archer/huntress?
(I still think these skins are wasting amazing potential for new class sprites oh well)

There’s been in the last few weeks some weird realms EU-side where it’s 1/85, but the realm has atrocious lag - unplayable, not looking like the bot armies in your vid, but more like something’s gone wrong on Deca’s end with the realm/server.

I think that happens after the crash

Oh right yes that could be true, and then that realm would stay broken until the daily reset. Hope this update has fixed it.

I’m wondering what they could have done to stop those bots from crashing thing.

That’s an afterproduct of the bots raiding the realm, since that lag and the bots were directly intertwined, now that the bots are gone, so is this kind of lag

It's not fixed :c [bots causing super laggy realms]

Not a fan of the inuit skin.

But but but… when we’ll get 27.8?

Looks like the multifuckers still got a way to protest xD