Patch Notes 27.7.X.14 (2017/05/18)

The Esben skull’s description used to reference a “Dark Spirit”, but now it says:

The skull still seems to contain some of the Void Entity’s power.

Hmm…

Guess I’ll post this here too

Just a big list of Guill’s responses, not even close to being finished

@JonassMann I took those pics ty

According to @Toastrz there are over 1000 lines to be discovered.

Been excited for this one for a while now. This update has some really special stuff in it. First things first…

Djinns in Godlands now have a low chance to drop a portal to the Cave of a Thousand Treasures!

AHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes, this is finally happening! The best dungeon in the game is now accessible through proper means! To celebrate the true release, the Golden Oryx Effigy now has a more expansive drop table, and the enemies within the dungeon are still capable of dropping potions of their own. It’s a rare find to get this dungeon from a Djinn, but certainly a worthwhile endeavor for farmers.

Guill the friendly guild NPC is now ready and eager to serve! Don’t be shy, say hello to him. You’ll find him in your Guild Hall.

This is the big one. Guill is the most advanced NPC in the game. He boasts a staggering 1000+ lines of dialogue. That’s even more than Oryx has cumulatively! He reacts to just about everything you say, including every single dungeon portal opening. He always has more than one response, too, so make sure you try everything multiple times to see his full selection. It’s gonna take a long time for people to compile a complete list of his lines, so hop to it! There is so much fun to be had with the Nexis Crier in his new occupation.

Reduced Avatar of the Forgotten King spam, Killer Pillar phase is now only announced by the Avatar itself

PROTECT THE AVATAR

PROTECT THE AVATAR

PROTECT THE AVATAR

PROTECT THE AVATAR

Another line of dialogue to join the archive along with “We are impervious to non-Mystic attacks!”

Fixed a few typos in item descriptions and Oryx taunts

Hint: It regards the stqtues that guard the tenple.

Character selection screen UI updates

This should make it easier to figure out who’s who if you have multiple versions of the same class. It also just helps fill in some of the dead space on the selection screen.

Added experimental toggle option to display how many potions of a certain stat are still needed to max it, applies to both selection screen hover and in game stats panel (only when level 20, disabled by default)

Think of this as an official version of MrEyeball’s “lefttomax” command. It does clutter the stat screen a bit, but once you get used to it, it can be very handy.

Added a new cursor and fixed existing ones (thanks to Chvzto!)

Now you can actually aim where the cursor is pointing rather than the corner of the cursors. Good stuff.

Overall, really nice update with tons of improvements and great additions. And hey, have you tried saying “new dungeons” or the names of any unreleased dungeons to Guill? He might have some teasers for you. And speaking of teasers, something seems a little different about the description of the Skull of Esben, wouldn’t you say?

Commands for Guill [megathread for Guill's functions]

although your format is messed up, but lots of great small tweaks!

these are great.

don’t know what the guild guy is,

this is what the new minimap looks like

MFW I don’t have a guild hall to check Guill out

yezz

They can but dupers will dupe if they remove it.

ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ"

I’m so happy they finally did this. I’ve been asking for years to remove the delay. I absolutely hate not being able to compete with hack users when chasing down events. It was so frustrating that it was one of the final straws that lead to my decision to stop playing the game. Honestly, I can’t describe how pissed I was getting always being last to show up at every damn event for several days straight.

Alone this probably won’t be enough to bring me back, but it will feel a lot better finally being on an even footing with hackers at least in this aspect of the game.

Absolutely stunning. Since DECA came, I’ve always been amazed at the amount of features and balances that they made since they bought the game. Kabam rarely did any updates and in my opinion, made the game start to go down until DECA came along. They knew what the players wanted, and balanced enemies accordingly (Davy Jones, Thessal the Mermaid Goddess, etc.), and also listened to what the players complained about (10 min DC to 2 min, loot problems, etc.). They also knew about their glitches and the glitches that Kabam did, and fixed most of them very well. I predict this game will continue to rise up and become one of the most popular games if DECA continues this. They’ve made the game a lot more friendly to less experienced players (better tutorial, Guill, etc.), while they still satisfied better players with new and harder dungeons and events that gave them a lot more money while still pleasing the RotMG population. It pains me to see everyone complaining about DECA because they brought some new bugs with a new update. In fact, some people have started to say “another update, another bug”, or something similar to that. Seriously? At least they have a lot of updates. Plus most of the updates are great and are based on what players want. I guess this is what happens when players get a lot of things they want; they get spoiled and only point out the bad parts. DECA is doing an awesome job and I look forward to see them continue to run this game.

My friends list is now broken, is anyone else getting that too?

Nothing really new much, game is dead

quick question - has the limon pet stone been added to drop tables yet? or is just been released, and not dropping yet??

Anyone know if any of the new skins/pet stones drop?

Doc… gets mad?

He plays the game?

Game breaking discovery

Does this clutter trigger anyone else?

This looks weird. Wouldn’t it be nicer to place the pots to max to the right of equipment bonuses? For example, in the above picture we would have ATT 32(+3)|21 and WIS 53(+6)|28.

Deca just had to include that didn’t they

I live this update but this looks silly, comon now make it show how much you have left to max upon hovering over the stat with your mouse