Patch Notes 27.7.X4

Dear community,

Please find below the patch notes for version 27.7.X4. In addition to the following changes there were various backend changes that will help us further improve RotMG.

NEW:

• Added an account security feature: Read more the Security Questions and account security in general, HERE

FIX:

• Fixed a fame exploit with spawned monsters. Some players were abusing Monsters that spawn minions to get fame at an unfair rate. Only the two first waves of spawned Monsters will now grant XP/Fame as they used to. Any waves of monsters spawned after the two initial waves will no longer grant players any XP/Fame
  • Fixed a problem with the particle effect of the mystic orbs not displaying properly.

UPDATED:

• We changed the Event Chest logic. When active, the chests will now appear with a higher drop rate, but only after the whole dungeon is cleared of its monsters (including the boss). We are aware that there are special conditions for certain dungeons and we will work on adapting the system to them in the future.

UPDATE: We are back online! Thanks for your patience.

I love RealmEye Forums, but does Deca even look at it?

welcome to the forums Silex, STAY!

Great news to hear some exploits being fixed

Are the Reskins still going to drop then?

Thanks for the announcement Sileeeeex, please stick around on the forums. Good to have you here!

The Oryx set looks different now too! :o

Soooo in The Shatters, for example, you need to kill EVERY minion to get the chest?
doesn’t davies have infinite spawning minions???
Clear an OT??? that’s done… never almost.

braintsorm: change this to all bosses within the dungeon must be dead??? please? D:

Edit: for the OT; (assuming chance is 0,04 for example)

<Behavior prob="0.04" childId="Event Chest">MetamorphoseAtDeath</Behavior>

This would go under behaviour @ the test chest of the 3rd boss in The Shatters

<Behavior prob="0.04" childId="Event Chest">MetamorphoseAtDeath</Behavior> under Thessal 

<Behavior prob="0.04" childId="Event Chest">MetamorphoseAtDeath</Behavior> under davy jones

I won’t rest till you copypaste this in the game xml D:

WE ARE AWARE THAT THERE ARE SPECIAL CONDITIONS FOR CERTAIN DUNGEONS AND WE WILL WORK ON ADAPTING THE SYSTEM TO THEM IN THE FUTURE.

Pixie and Illumination too. But everyone will still dislike them because thats how it works!

Thanks for change some sprites and fix the iceman skin haha

There was a number of places where this used to happen and to fix it, Kabam basically removed ALL fame from that encounter (haunted cemetery first area being a great example of this as even the normal monsters don’t really give xp anymore). With this change will we be seeing some of these get their fame back? As is from a fame standpoint there isn’t really any dungeon that feels worthwhile.

Love the changes you made to some of the sprites this patch. Definitely a step in the right direction where as most of last patch wasn’t.

Could be fixing chests right now? Server is down again… but I agree, clearing would never work for shatters, OTs, or Davies, realistically.

MMoas I love u first.
And I dont like the skin but the question is good

Well now I dislike the Dblade reskin again.

Realm down again :confused:
I don’t understand all the reskinning. This game is supposed to look simple.

Third times the charm for server down time…? :sweat:

Servers down?

Which ones? Were you in realms, dungeons, nexues?

I was in USE3 nexus

I still miss my Bow of the Morning Star :disappointed:

All the sprite changes really are unnecessary, no one was complaining about any of them very much until they got changed the first time. Now it’s a huge deal to everyone.

I was in uss nexus, my whole guild crashed

I was in nexus and crashed. Seems like a 10m cooldown.