Patch Notes 27.7.X8.1 Gobble Gobble. Happy Thanksgiving!

What I really hope is that they will start carrying a wider net for feedback.

I don’t know if they consulted with the closed testing group on this, but I’d like to see the closed testing group grow and/or have a shifting group, as well as open testing or more community interaction before some of these bigger changes.

This is another weird fix. It is strange that they eliminated unnamed teleports but failed to disable the teleporting of the bots. Now they made dungeons unavailable for anyone not in close proximity to the enemy when it dies, which is strange because it seems like there logical thing would have been to set the distance to 1000 times or something so that anyone in the realm could access there dungeon but no one outside.

In any case, some of these missteps (cough deca vault cough) are really obvious and easily avoided mistakes. I hope they make a priority if figuring out who they need to include in thinking these things through and then make it a top priority to do so. I know there is always negative feedback as well as positive for any serious change, but it seems that so far they haven’t been able to identify the difference between when a change will generate a normal and necessary amount of salt and those that will cause people to just quit playing.

Hear me out here, but maybe if you are having a hard time farming def you should start with a class that doesn’t take 40.

they did not

Well, that was mistake #1. The rest of which fell faster than dominos.

Nonono, I just check rooms for Slime Gods. Maybe 4-8 minutes was a bit too much. It’s probably like 3-5. (<-- Not the best when it comes to estimating time.)

~Offtopic~

I just wanted to mention that despite what I’ve said about this update I still don’t think it was a great idea even if they didn’t break some portals entirely.

I like to play Devil’s Advocate, there are always things you’ll miss when working on only one side. (I say this because I feel like I’m silently being judged despite doing this all the time, lol.)

i really hope this is like the DECA vault, something way super worse than what is actually coming so that you are happy with the change when you find out its not this anymore

The most “damaging” thing the current group has done was the def change. this change and others was not put through testing

what the fuck is this shit

deca, revert this :frowning:

probably will.

How do we get the skins?

So are servers down now?

Is the game still down??

the game does not load to the main screen, why?

toxic sewers in my opinion is one of the best dungeons, lots of agree with me

They do say that it was an unintended side effect that they were unable to patch out but thought it was worth the price. I’d like more details on it, but 24 tiles iirc is approximately EXP range from the point of something dying. It’s entirely possible the 24 tiles wasn’t a decision they made either.

That aside, I don’t think this is something that closed testing should have decided for us if they were consulted. For this case I’m assuming they weren’t, but I’ve seen enough decisions I’d disagree with from them that I can say they definitely do not necessarily speak for me and I don’t want them making decisions that have a huge impact on how I play the game for me. The closed testing team was a temporary iteration (3rd or 4th team) that got basically elevated to the status of god when Deca took over and assumed they were something bigger than they were.

3rd time closed testing had nothing to do with it

things closed testers have done with deca include making the sewers and hive and uh… I think that’s it.

well and some phops skins

What were the other 2? Just curious.

mean iv’e said it 3 times in this thread though now that I look at the fact this has 100 replies I don’t blame you for missing it.

Only thing I see mentioned was the def change. Mind giving me an answer rather than having me waste time scrolling through 100 comments of you trying to impartially moderate the argument between Panis and Scorch while blatantly siding with scorch?