Patch Notes X.31.7.4

At this point I’d honestly prefer a rollback, this is utterly destroying realm on so many levels.

Fame was broken before and is even more broken now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You’d have to explain how many levels then, because aside from the fame thing I don’t see how any of this is gamebreaking.

Not gonna lie though, “pay2fame exploit” is some next level shit. Don’t remember Kabam ever pulling that one on us.

Watch them make a fuckton of cash out of this because fame trainers are just junkies who’d pay anything to get their fix.

Yeah… I feel like if games need new content they default to some computer world/alien world and it isn’t really pulled off in the best way. Like other realms might exist, but in our current Realm ruled by Oryx, there’s suddenly now a concept of space and aliens in a fantasy game?

Seems legit that they just didn’t realize that people would farm the fuck out of these… I mean why would they ever forsee that coming. Gotta say, Deca is starting to act more and more like Kabam.

The alien invasion could be explained as a reference to the movie “Independence Day” in which there is an alien invasion, seeing as the 4th of July is within the event.

I mean thats what i thought too first because of the new movie. Deca is probably is locked up in a basement rn trying to get more money so I wouldnt know. :man_shrugging:

If a dungeon consists of boss room only, how do T-rooms exist?

yeah, but that doesnt deny the fact that its lazy and stupid to have the concept of aliens in a fantasy game…

Answer 1: consistency, a coherent world and lore have never been staples of RotMG.

Answer 2: a lot of WS content was made of references to Ultima, a RPG series with often a bizarre mix of sic-fi and fantasy. In the first game you end up buying a space shuttle and shooting laser weaponry, for example. The final boss of the game where the Living Floor enemy comes from was a computer you had to manually shut down.

Yeah, but (a.) RotMG has always been primarily based off of fantasy (see wizards, mages, elves, etc. for references), not a mix of fantasy and sci-fi and (b.) Deca doesn’t equal WS.

I see the discussion and the perfect valids points you guys are pointing it out, but I’m like: “Who cares?!?! The crazier the better as long as the content has quality gameplay, boosts the economy (much different than the event is actually doing) and is fun!”

I truly wouldn’t mind if an alien character popped out of the blue and had crazy (but usefull) shots and skills.

Even if you only take the heroic fantasy elements of RotMG, you’re left with a hodgepodge of references pilfered from the usual suspects like Lord of the Rings and more obscure ones like Ultima or Dark Castle.

This game was made for a game-making contest, not because Rob and Alex were aspiring writers.

That’s basically what I was getting at with my first argument: if not even the creators of this game cared about consistency, why should you?

I’ve little doubt it’ll be falling hard on the sci-fantasy side of things rather than scifi and I reckon Rotmg is robust enough/non-traditional enough to mix in whatever elements they want, though I am not really into the tech side of things (Mad Lab seemed jarring to me when that came in, science??).

Didn’t some lore about the parasite den say “nobody knew where it was from” or something – could be alien spores on a meteorite? Something Cthulhic warping a guild hall?

And Sprite World has that spacy background.

Couple of wikipedia links found while browsing around:

Version is now 31.7.5, though there’s nothing on the Reddit at the moment?
Might have something to do with this, unless it’s just a fanmade thing:

Nope, was just something they wrote out of boredom. Carry on, folks.

Bit late reply but writing it anway. From looking at the static.drips diff.html it looks like they pushed the H-Abyss fixes as trailed, (and the H-Udl XP nerf).

Seems like they pushed a couple of hotfixes of some kind, as the Ice Tomb event started at…7.5, I think.

From what I can see glancing at static drips, dungeons have gotten some changes?

Looks like the Realm got some cute new lines for the Permafrost Lord:

From what I read in there:
X31.7.6 looks like it was readding the Permafrost Lord, and they also (accidentally?) reverted the Heroic fixes.

X31.7.7 then re-added the Heroic fixes same as they were in X31.7.5.

For the new update, see: X.31.8.0 - Alien Invasion Patch Note