Patch X.15.0.0 - The Balance of Magic

Hey people!

Is… is that? Yes, we’re finally getting rid of 27.7 and going full X mode! Let’s celebrate that with the gorgeous Summer Nexus from Beige, and a refreshing summer rain of balance changes!

As for the Art Contest, we’re still going through all your submissions. Just like you guys, we’re super stoked about it - more than 200 participants took the challenge! Hopefully we will be able to reach out to the winners in the coming week.

Important Announcement: We will soon be lowering the price of several older Skins and Pet Stones for all of you out there. That means we will also have to lower the FP of those skins in particular to avoid having issues where Skins start being more interesting than Pet Food in the long run. If you have any duplicate skin lying around that you are not using, please make sure to feed them soon to avoid losing FP!

Month of the Mad God Announcement: No, we didn’t forget MotMG - it will take place in August this year! Why the delay though? Well, we’re preparing a lot of new stuff for MotMG - a lot of exciting stuff I might add! However, it’s going to take us some more time, and we don’t want to release a half-baked MotMG which would make everyone sad.

Note: If you can’t connect to the game, try using the website to see if the issue comes from the Client you’re using!

New!

• The Summer Nexuses are now live! With creativity and hard work, Beige brings us the latest Nexus Technology™ with a time-based Nexus, which goes through a complete Day/Night cycle every 8 hours!
  • Mini Sphinx Pet Stone now drops from the Grand Sphinx
  • Mini Crystal Steed Pet Stone now drops from the Crystal Prisoner
  • Mystery Items are out! Using one will drop an random related item (Mystery Skins will drop Skins for instance). The quality of the item depends on the quality of the Unlocker (Gold / Silver / Bronze).

Fixes

• Using abilities while stunned functions properly and no longer results in disconnects (Shields, Quivers and Shuriken)
  • Fixed ocean vent and wounded Thessal not appearing when they should (for real this time)
  • Snake Pit Guard is no longer invisible on the mini map and displays its HP bar correctly
  • Reduced another repetitive line from the Avatar
  • Cleaned up Oryx Taunt strings (double spaces, etc.)

Polish

• Opening secret room now makes a sound like it was intended!
  • Brought back backgrounds - Sprite Worlds have stars again! (only when Hardware Acceleration is off)
  • Scepter of Geb renamed to Wand of Geb to avoid confusion
  • Equipment Tool Tips
  • Abilities now display their cooldown
  • Set pieces now display the full set bonuses (lightly grayed if not active)
  • Traps and Scepters: added new properties and improved stat comparisons
  • Improved comparisons for MP Costs

Balancing

Sorcerer

Max Attack: 60 -> 70
Base Attack: 10 -> 12

Scepters

Scepters have received quite an overhaul! The goal with these changes is more engaging and strategic game-play, on top of making the choice of equipment more interesting.

• Wisdom scaling: past 50 Wisdom, Scepters will receive bonuses
  • Each point increases damage, the amount depends on the Scepter
  • Every 10 points will add an additional target (+3 for 80 WIS for example)
  • Damage distribution: damage decreases for each subsequent target
  • Narrower arc: lowered from 90°, now they actually have to be aimed to some extend
  • Overall: damage increased significantly
Scepter Tier MP Arc Base Dmg New Dmg Decrease / Target Bonus / WIS Base Targets New Targets
Lightning Scepter 0 -20 -60° +30 80 8 1.5 3
Discharge Scepter 1 -15 -60° +40 120 12 2.5 4
Thunderclap Scepter 2 -10 -60° +50 160 20 4 -1 4
Arcblast Scepter 3 -5 -60° +60 200 25 5 -1 5
Cloudflash Scepter 4 -60° +70 240 30 6 -2 5
Scepter of Skybolts 5 +5 -60° +80 280 35 7 -3 5
Scepter of Storms 6 +5 -60° +100 300 40 8 -3 5
Scepter of Fulmination +15 -60° +40 220 40 8 -3 4
Honey Scepter -20 -45° 100 4 -4 6

Wands

• Damage increased to bring them more in line with other weapons
  • Faster projectiles (without affecting range) to make them more responsive
  • Bulwark now hits multiple enemies, range displayed in tool tip is more accurate
Wand Tier Speed Min Max Avg Old New
Fire Wand 0 +30 +5 +5 +5 20-35 25-40
Force Wand 1 +30 +5 +5 +5 30-45 35-50
Power Wand 2 +30 +5 +5 +5 35-50 40-55
Missile Wand 3 +30 +5 +5 +5 40-55 45-60
Eldritch Wand 4 +30 +5 +5 +5 50-65 55-70
Hell's Fire Wand 5 +30 +10 +5 60-75 60-85
Wand of Dark Magic 6 +30 +15 +7.5 70-85 70-100
Wand of Arcane Flame 7 +30 -5 +20 +7.5 80-95 75-115
Wand of Death 8 +30 +5 +2.5 80-120 80-125
Wand of Deep Sorcery 9 +30 +10 +5 85-120 85-130
Wand of Shadow 10 +30 +5 +10 +7.5 85-125 90-135
Wand of Ancient Warning 11 +30 +5 +10 +7.5 90-125 95-135
Wand of Recompense 12 +30 +5 +10 +7.5 90-130 95-140
Sprite Wand +30 +5 +10 +7.5 5-210 10-220
Crystal Wand +30 -5 +10 +2.5 75-100 70-110
Wand of the Bulwark -3 +50 +50 +50 300-400 350-450
St. Abraham's Wand +20 +10 +5 90-110 90-120
Conducting Wand +5 +20 +12.5 55-130 60-150
Wand of Budding Romance +30 +10 +5 85-120 85-130
Wand of Egg-cellence +30 +5 +10 +7.5 90-125 95-135
Wand of Ancient Terror +30 +5 +10 +7.5 90-125 95-135
Scepter of Geb +5 +10 +7.5 65-90 70-100
Present Dispensing Wand +30 +5 +10 +7.5 90-125 95-135
Frozen Wand +30 -5 +10 +2.5 75-100 70-110
Eternal Snowflake Wand -3 +50 +50 +50 300-400 350-450
Wand of the Fallen -5 +20 +10 120-190 140-190

Traps

• Lower MP Costs
  • Attack bonus for higher tiers
  • Throwing Traps is faster
  • Traps last 20 seconds instead of 30 seconds
  • Coral Venom Trap
  • Feed Power: 500 -> 700
  • Fame Bonus: 4% -> 5%
Trap Tier MP ATT Base Dmg
Hunting Trap 0 +10
Wilderlands Trap 1 -10 +5
Deepforest Trap 2 -20
Savage Trap 3 -25
Demonhunter Trap 4 -30 +1 +10
Dragonstalker Trap 5 -35 +2 +20
Giantcatcher Trap 6 -35 +3 +50
Coral Venom Trap -30
  • Added a new UT for pure damage and with other unique properties!

Realm

• Ghost Ship
  • Drops the new Trap of the Vile Spirit!
  • HP: 42000 -> 66000
  • Stun Immune
  • Paralyze Immune
  • Great Coil Snake
  • Now only spawns a limited amount of Coil Snakes
  • Coil Snakes have less defense: 20 -> 5
  • Coil Snakes have more HP: 50 -> 100

Oryx has fortified his castle!

It has become a lot more sturdy! This intends to increase incentive for clearing, give slower players opportunities to catch up and make it better withstand the usually big groups of players.

• Destructible Wall
  • HP: 3000 -> 9000
  • Fortified Destructible Wall
  • New walls that replace the regular ones on the bridge until the end
  • HP: 24000
  • Living Floor and Quiet Bombs
  • Fixed a bug where Quiet Bombs could be destroyed instantly after spawning
  • Inflicts Weak for 5 seconds (in addition to Quiet for 5 seconds)
  • Projectile Amount: 18 -> 15
  • Projectile Speed: 50 -> 40
  • Damage: 10-20 -> 20
  • The Stone Guardians
  • Depending on the party size, the Stone Guardians now regenerate!
  • HP: 60000 -> 80000
  • DEF: 100 -> 80

The Shatters

EXP in the Shatters has been increased across the board!

• Defense System (Avatar): 58 -> 1000
  • Fire Mage: 39 -> 100
  • Fire Adept: 78 -> 150
  • Archmage of Flame: 39 -> 200
  • Ice Mage: 39 -> 150
  • Ice Adept: 78 -> 200
  • Glassier Archmage: 39 -> 250
  • Paladin Obelisk & Titanum: 117 -> 600
  • Bridge Sentinel: 243 -> 4000
  • Inferno: 243 -> 1000
  • Blizzard: 243 -> 1000
  • Twilight Archmage: 243 -> 4000
  • Royal Guardian L: 39 -> 500
  • The Forgotten King: 117 -> 7000

The Puppet Theatre

Puppets have significantly decreased HP!

• The Puppet Master: 110000 -> 70000
  • False Puppet Masters activate sooner
  • Knight Puppet: 5000 -> 2000
  • Warrior Puppet: 4000 -> 1500
  • Paladin Puppet: 3500 -> 1500
  • Puppet Leather: 4000 -> 1000
  • Puppet Robe: 3000 -> 800
  • Sorcerer Puppet: 2500 -> 600
  • Oryx Puppet: 45000 -> 35000
  • Minion Puppet: 7000 -> 2000

Disappointed to not see any changes to Skulls? Not to worry, they’re in the works!
Let us know what you would like to see changed about them!

Cosmetics

• Fix to the following Skins / Dye Masks: Mini Rosen
  • Added credits to: Bagston Pet Stone (MillSup)

That’s it for now! Big thanks to all our testers out there, you know who you are! Please enjoy the Summer Nexus and the new reworks. As always don’t hesitate to drop us a word if you have a comment or feedback - and don’t forget to feed those duplicate skins to your pets!

Crosspost from reddit

Necro Buff?
The General Chat Thread
I have conduct/wand of the fallen on a sorc, when is it better to use fallen?
Patch X.20.1 Oryxmas Eve
Favorite classes?
Lets talk about the [Summer] nexus

Games coming along, starting to get the good development we’ve been waiting for

now time for anarchy .

This is uncapped EXP!

(forgotten king gives 3.5 fame on kill!)

22.6k exp from avatar+bosses (11 fame)

Dungeon no longer sucks! feels much more along the lines of an attack version of UDL/Abyss

Back at it again with another awesome nexus. Good job Beige!

Where do they drop from?

It would be nice if someone fixed the tables.

@moderators move pls

coming back after exams!
puppets are actually not that terrible anymore, easier to solo without taking years. Sorc and hunt buff is cool, two of my favourite characters.

###but holy shit, thats a lot of xp from a shatters
shatters = new fame farm
ive goten like characters to 800 and 400 from just shatters, they would be over 2000 with that xp
if you take 10min to do a shats, thats about 2fame/minute, half of a good fame train.

this is a strong text.

AHHH I was about to max a sorc, good news

YES! I really want that mini sphinx :3

Guess I’ll do my recap thing now!

The Summer Nexuses are now live! With creativity and hard work, Beige brings us the latest Nexus Technology™ with a time-based Nexus, which goes through a complete Day/Night cycle every 8 hours!

The next version of the new Nexus is now live, and there’s three of them! For the first time ever in RotMG, there is an actual day-night cycle with a Day, Sunset and Night version that it passes through each day. Explore all three!

Brought back backgrounds - Sprite Worlds have stars again!

Only 90s kids will remember this.

Scepters have received quite an overhaul!

I know a lot of people were concerned when they saw these stats in an earlier leak, but this is because the new wismod is extremely potent on them. Make no mistake, this is a Sorcerer buff, not a nerf.

Wands

With better damage and faster projectiles, no more will people complain about the Priest not getting loot! Bulwark also pierces now, but it’s still just a vanity item in disguise.

Traps

These changes make take some time to adjust to for those who are proficient with the Huntress already. Traps are a bit more exotic now, along with a brand new event UT for the Ghost Ship! But beware, the Ghost Ship has received a buff of his own to go along with this new drop.

Oryx has fortified his castle!

Warning: You will quickly learn to despise Quiet Bombs. You’ll need to pay attention and try to actually dodge them now, as the Weak effect can prove detrimental when trying to break down the super durable walls. Taking a ranged class to get rid of the Living Floors will prove worthwhile. I don’t suggest trying to rush this until you’re familiar with all the changes. Don’t worry about missing the Stone Guardians, though. They now have scaled healing based on the amount of people present, which should help them stay alive in groups that would otherwise steamroll them effortlessly.

EXP in the Shatters has been increased across the board!

In test runs, I would typically get a little over 30 fame per Shatters run. This is definitely worth doing if you want to give your fame count a boost. Bosses are especially rewarding, so make sure you don’t run too far away from them when they self-destruct!

Puppets have significantly decreased HP!

It’s amazing how such a simple change can improve the dungeon so drastically. This is now a proper midgame dungeon. The puppets may be brittle, but they still pack a punch, so have fun tearing through them to farm ATT in a much more reasonable way.

A lot of these changes make take some getting used to, but mastering traps and scepters can make them more useful than they’ve ever been before. Good luck!

Was editted if you didn’t see :cry:

#BuffFulmi

THAT’S CRAZY! I didn’t even know who Beige was! I caught him in Nexus earlier and traded him 2 Spd pots for 1 Dex pot! I was wondering why he had that artist skin, I had never seen it before! :smiley:

Gaaaaaah.

Never have I ever wanted to leave work and go home simply to check out a set of updates. Will find it hard to resist not going home for lunch.

[I’m sorry, but I couldn’t resist…and y’know what? I’m actually not sorry at all. :\-P OB]

Wait there’s no skull buff!!!
That’s like the one thing I wanted

Did Oryx’s castle with a small group. Wow, good job DECA, there is no solo rush for rogues now.

Once you get to the fortified wall blocking the bridge to the Stone Guards the 4 of us pounded on it for 20 - 30 seconds then had to clear the bridge just so we could pound on the wall to get to the stone guards for another 20 seconds.

**** I got the Mini Crystal Steed Pet Stone !!! so stoked! But wait, I can’t use it as I like my Nightmare pet and my other pet is MrCactus. What to do? What to do?

Does it have a good fp?

I just noticed something.
After my Assassin died, I made a Huntress.
After my Wizard died, I made a Necro.
And my currently oldest char is a 6/8 Sorcerer (who is a 5/8 now, gosh darnit!)…

All of these have/are going to be reworked abilitywise…
Could this be…
?

I guess I’ll give my opinions on the update. This is pretty much all of my testing feedback.

Puppet Theater

The dungeon actually feels great to run now. Puppets don’t feel like they’re made of titanium anymore, it’s realistic to solo the boss in under 15 min, and you have to be careful during the decoy phase, as it’s incredibly easy to trigger the decoys now.

Oryx Castle

Rushing the Castle is still possible, but it’s so much more tedious that weaker players will be able to keep up, which is the goal. The Guardians feel difficult to steamroll, as well. Those bombs are really annoying now, which is great. You actually have to dodge.

The Shatters

Wow, the Fame and XP gain here is awesome now. I doubt people will care about Fame Trains as much once this goes live. I mean, Toastrz said he’d get ~30 Fame per Shatters!

Fixes

The various fixes seem to be all very beneficial.

Balancing

Traps feel great to use now. The Trap of Vile Spirits, specifically, feels like it’ll be incredibly powerful. The Ghost Ship is also somewhat harder to steamroll, but I have a feeling that it’ll be the same case as the Stone Guardians. The Great Coil Snake changes seem to be pretty helpful, but rip hoards of eggs.

Now, I’ve tried out the Sorc, and to save words, it feels great. The Sorc feels like an absolute beast now, partially because of the wand changes, and partially because of the class changes. Storms and Fulmi both feel useful, now, as opposed to only Fulmi.

Mystery Item Unlockers

These were a great idea! I’m glad that theu decided to make these!

Summer Skins

I really like the Patriot, Redcoat, Hula, and non-swimsuit Trix skins (I forgot its name). I’m not a huge fan of the Swimsuit skins or Slashing Beauty, though.

Summer Nexus

The summer Nexus looks amazing. Props to Beige for designing it!

Overall

The update seems really good. Everything about it is great.

description seems to be changed