Patch X.15.0.0 - The Balance of Magic

Sucks that you’ll be missing, what, 8000 feedpower, multiple life and mana pots, some skins, skins that you might’ve been able to buy but can’t because they’ll expire before you get back, probably one vault and character slot unlocker (or not, who knows what MotMG will be like…)…

I should be back for motmg, that’s not till august and it’s only june.

I thought motmg could be also in july?

Deca said it will be in august

Tiffin is right, look above in the OP.

I’m so brain dead now that its summer :sunny:

I was sceptical (pun) hearing about* some of the planned changes, but they almost all seem positive for the game. The castle especially I like, it invokes the spirit of what the castle was originally designed to be instead of just a 30 second ignore-everything race to the guards.

The sorcerer changes seem okay, and glad that the wismod does grant more targets, as seeing the list of mere base numbers of targets seemed initially a very stingey nerf. The +10 ATT is a significant powerup, considering that wearing UB Atk does +9, they’ve made the standard sorc up to even higher than this. It is very nice to crush constructs without needing to resort to inventory jiggling.

The narrower sceptre arc will take some getting used to - I use sceptre defensively a bit, and having the 90 degree to casually press space and know you’d slow what’s headed your way suited me; especially close enemies can now be ‘unexpectedly’ missed:

I’m getting a lot of misfires so far, but it is a fair nerf against the buff in dmg the sceptre got, and injects a bit more skill into sceptre-ing. Time will tell if it’s annoying or rewarding.

I don’t really like these narrow cones - same as I preferred tiered bows’ old wider spacing, and I dislike Scutum shield - it makes playing the character seem too… I don’t know… pointy? Kinda hard to explain why I just find the wider arcs better.

Wands - I’m against the power creep of constant buffing item dmg. The speedier projectiles, I’m meh, seems irrelevant change for change’s sake. Bulwark piercing is okay since it’s such a bonkers item already. Conducting Wand seems cruelly left behind by all of this. I want to use it! But it seems very trash with the lower range and no-pierce. It used to be awesome. Any ideas to Make Cond Great Again? And Kabam’s trashing of Sprite Wand, still waiting for that to be undone (since release 25.0.0 if you’re interested).

Shatters XP seems very reasonable. I just gotta convince these guildies now to start killing the enemies not ignoring them, heh. And if people are off doing the work killing while others leech out of range, good that there’s the XP at least stacking up.

Puppet Theatre seems okay. I already kinda enjoyed clearing it, so will be quicker to do that. And makes it more unmaxed-friendly, which is a good thing.

Coil Snakes spawn nerf? Nooo. I always wondered if you could get them to cover a whole realm. Rip.
Traps: I’m no huntress expert, pass.
Ship, seems fine. Here’s hoping they chose sensible drop rate for the UT.

And of course the other highlight of this build is that astounding nexus, which is staggeringly amazing art.

Scepter missing at close range at udl chest

Do all scepters have the same arc? If so, why? Maybe some scepters should have a larger arc.

Anyways… fulmi sucks now. I think it should be completely redesigned (daze or something, funny target mechanics, …), and then make honey scepter the mp cheap, many target (large arc?)/slow scepter that doesn’t do much damage.

Bullwerk is nuts. But I don’t really mind. 8)

(From the notes anyway) they all went from 90 to 30 degrees except Honey which went from 90 to 45.

I guess they wanted to make it more skilful than just spamming space in the vague direction and getting easy ability dmg (errrr Hello, Knights?) especially when they chose to give sceptre a large dmg buff, coulda been OP with basically autoaim. But yeah if I want to aim I’ll just probably be wizard heh.

Yeah I’d like Honey Sceptre to be given slow - fits the theme with Honey Orb already doing slow… logic pls!

Yes, and considering it wouldn’t do much damage, it’s okay to let it drop from angry bee, I guess. Could be made a white bag, though.
The question then is what do with fulmi? Because as is now, it’s too much of a hybrid/cheap compromise of tiered scepter and a supposed (and nice) honey slow thing. Maybe an even stronger/less target scepter? With daze? Something else?

Well, “autoaim”/super large arc, isn’t necessarily a good thing. With not that many targets, you really want to point in the general direction (i.e. small arc) to hit the mobs you actually intend to hit. So an optimal arc is probably in function of the number of targets. The more targets, the larger the arc should be (see honey scepter).
Suppose the fulmi is redesigned to be strong hitter with 2-3 targets tops, the arc should be really narrow then.

It was one of the benefits to be able to aim the wand constantly at your main target far away (I’m thinking Cube God, Rock Dragon scenarios), while spacebar auto-takes care of the minions threatening to stand on you.

Now I’m finding this is worse/more work to do, since the sceptre will not hit anything nearby outside the 30 degrees - so things like the Rock Bats are more threatening if approaching from outside the 30 degree, as either I have to aim away from boss to be able to sceptre them, or I have to manoeuvre so they are more inline with my wand, either option is tougher than before the update. (Although the dps buff probably means taking time aiming off boss and returning, still works out the same as what it used to be, and I’ve just optimised attack strategy for the old style, and need to adjust.)

Daze is a really useful ability and a pity it’s not more readily available. As with most things I’d prefer put in a new class that does dazes of varying length as its primary ability, rather than overload existing 14 with more and more abilities needing a full inventory of swapouts. That said, I would find a daze+slow Fulmi hard to resist. Hell I’d probably sign up for a stunning sceptre haha. They’re magical items you can get away with anything.

Well, right now Pfiffel’s DPS calculator shows that the conducting wand’s DPS is always greater than the Wand of Recompense’s DPS when fighting against one enemy and it almost matches the Wand of the Fallen’s DPS at 0 defense, so there’s that.

Now with the Wand of the Fallen, it’s going to be really hard to make cond feel unique. We have piercing (recomp), we have armor piercing (cwand), we have big damage (fallen), we have gimmicky (bulwark) and we have super long range (st. Abraham’s). We could make it the high ROF, high shot speed wand that even surpasses the fallen’s DPS at lower defenses, but I don’t know how useful that would be.

right now the feeling I’m getting from the condu/fallen relationship is similar to the one the snake skin armor and csilk have: they both do basically the same thing but one is better in every situation. as a result the other one is much easier to obtain.

a similar issue arises with captain’s ring and the forgotten crown, experimental ring and bracer of the guardian, book of geb and tome of purification,

so I guess you can either accept that the conducting wand has become a “poor man’s fallen wand” or try to make every ut perfectly unique. obviously the second option would be better but there just aren’t that many niches to fulfill.

or :smirk: we can turn the cond into a doku.

In range Fallen is ass.

While we’re at this, maybe make Sprite Wand piercing again?

I think what he meant is that both cond and fallen sacrifice piercing and range for damage. It’s just that fallen sacrifices more range for more damage, and if you’re willing to make that sacrifice, you might as well go for the wand with the biggest damage.

Stupid ST’s…

Sorry gotta post this one, I actually laughed at Guill.