Patch X.15.1.0 - Enter the Nest!

Hey there people,

We teased it, and you better beelieve it… The Nest is now live! Will you bee able to clear it, or will you bee one of the unfortunate to leave a tombstone in it?

#New!

• The Nest is out! Credits: - Dungeon Lead: MrUnibro Art: Beige, Poshun, Dappertron, Bloodqwen Special thanks to: - Krathan, Kiddforce, Atrapper
  • The new Huntress ST Set, Queen Bee ST Set is out!

#Month of the Mad God

[Did someone say… Month of the Mad God?

• Reminder

We will soon be lowering the price of several older Skins and Pet Stones for all of you out there. That means we will also have to lower the FP of those skins in particular to avoid having issues where Skins start being more interesting than Pet Food in the long run. If you have any duplicate skin lying around that you are not using, please make sure to feed them soon to avoid losing FP!
More to come… Soon…

Cross post https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/6o25w9/patch_x1510_enter_the_nest/

Surprise! It’s not a MotMG release!

Yes, the Nest/Epic Hive has arrived and it’s here to murder you. Beeware of the new event boss unlike any other. Don’t get (buzz)killed by the vicious new enemies! Learn the different colors and their effects or they will beewitch you! This dungeon is much different than any other epic dungeon in the past. The theme may be the same, but the overall design is radically different.

Though I must warn you all, the general consensus has been that this dungeon is harder than a Tomb. In fact, depending on how you view the Shatters, this could even be considered the hardest dungeon in the game as of now. It doesn’t rely on cheap instakills, but that doesn’t mean it can’t kill you with ease.

This dungeon also introduces a couple new aesthetic capabilities that you’ll see more of in future dungeons, such as colored AoE bombs (they aren’t all just red now!) and enemies being visually “thrown” by spawners. It should help distinguish different bombs and enemy spawns for whenever the screen gets chaotic.

Also, do not rush this dungeon under any circumstances. This dungeon is borderline impossible to rush, and it would require extremely narrow dodging and a whole lot of luck to even get a few rooms. This is a team-based clearing dungeon, so treat it as such. You can’t teleport either since the boss room closes after a while, so good luck leeching.

Overall, this dungeon is manageable if you play well, but extremely punishing if you screw up, especially on the absolute beast that is the boss. Good luck with getting some of the many new UTs!

holy shit its actually MotMG i cant believe it???/!11/1!!!1!!11!!1111111111111111111111111

too bad i sold my tomb keys faaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

The amount of beepuns I’ve had to endure better bee worth it.

The creators (@mrunibro) comment on this @ reddit

Hello there everyone! If you are reading this, I think a little project of mine has finally been released on RotMG! Unfortunatly, I can’t bee here for this awesome day. I’m gone from home & Realm from the 15th till the 23rd. No grave-watching for me… It’s been quite a journey… This dungeon has been in production for well beyond half a year . When Silex asked if anyone was interested in making an ‘‘epic hive’’ in January I couldn’t possibly comprehend this would bee the outcome. And what an outcome! I’m super satisfied with the result, and I hope you guys are as well! Hundreds upon hundreds of hours went into this attempt at a truly amazing ‘‘epic-type dungeon’’

Some stats: * This dungeon has the biggest XML document released on realm to date. Thought the tomb was big with ~3.6K lines (168KB)? This one has over 17 thousand lines (833KB) of XML! * This dungeon has the most projectiles assigned to one Object. Thought Oryx 1 was spooky with 19 projectiles? This boss has 22! (and an arsenal of grenades & minions) * This dungeon has the longest production time released on realm to date (6 months 14 days)! Although the Lost Halls is still in production and it started… 3 months beefore me! …oh dear * And lastly… I’m proud to announce that this is the first dungeon that will drop Greater Potions! Aside from the main loot that the boss drops (Life), Survivors are also likely to find a Greater Dex in their loot bags! Happy farming!

Of course this production wasn’t alone. While in the end i’ve programmed and designed most of the Nest myself, I couldn’t have done it without these people: @Krathan for his countless efforts to improve the UGC workflow as a whole. Without your tools and documentation this dungeon likely wouldn’t have been out yet, and the quality wouldn’t bee nearly as high. Thanks to you level design for Realm in general can potentially bee taken to a level of quality never possible beefore. I continue to bee amazed by your passion for this game and how you’re often online at 3AM in the weekend pushing new testing builds. @Kiddforce for his tireless explanation on how to deal with certain aspects of XML. Without your help this would’ve taken much, much longer @RotMGBeige for the sheer volume and quality of the sprites he’s made (Just look at the January screenshots linked above and notice the difference!) @Atrapper for designing the ST set. You had some great ideas and I’m not sure if I would’ve been able to find the time to design it myself! @PsclKmn , @Dappertron- and @BLOODQWEN for their art contributions to The Nest! The Closed Testing team for their continued feedback along the ride! Everyone that plays this game without a hacked client! You guys are an amazing community and 100% the reason I still play this game after more than five years. Without my affection for this game and this community, I would’ve probaby not been aboard for such a huge project! And last but most certainly not least, the entierity of Deca Games!! You’ve truly made this game great again and without you it would’ve most certainly been gone… And MotMG hasn’t even started yet! Now get farming 'cause you’ll need it!

"One of the unfortunate tombstones"

The text there is unreadablely small

To summarise:
Everyone died at level 20, killed by The Nest.

Note: This was from a run we did on testing 2 days or so before release.

Oh lord… I’m glad I quit the game

There’s more though

I watched a (prod) run in @tmtoons stream and a total of 5 people died in the run and only 20% of the group made it til the end. That machine gun phase seems absolutly murderous. Looks also like its impossible with lag.

I’m not sure if if I’ll ever enter one of these.

With this many nest related deaths, it’ll bee easy for Desotroya to come up with a new death consolation video

BOI I AM H Y P E

Too bad I’ll miss out on a few of the first events. Oryx Horde, Shatts chest, first Biff return…at least I’ll get to do Puppet Chests, haha!

first I could find

IT’S A MASSACRE

SO MANY DEATHS OMG THE LAST PHASE IS INSANE

Oh boy I’m so excited for a dungeon that will completely decimate 80% of people that enter, woohoo

Oh boy I can’t wait for Halls The Lost!