Patch X.17.0 - The Tinkering

This is my only gripe about the whole update (and maybe that you can’t turn in marks 1 at a time or that they can’t be traded or stacked). As someone who likes mystic it was really nice to have something that told me when I got enemies in my curse radius. Stasis and armor break, the only two other player-inflicted status effects that do not notably change enemy behavior (daze, stun, slow, para all do) do have noticeable indicators. AB= purple numbers (which are large and easy to see) and stasis= gray color. Now i have to focus on a tiny marker on top of an enemy to know when to curse again (or even if the enemy was slightly out of curse range to begin with).
This was especially annoying for something like ava where is genuinely is helpful to have the status afflicted but due to how large ava is it is kind of hard to see the icon at all times (especially since mystic does not have to go deep like knight, so it is not as though you are ever in a situation as knight where you cannot see both the icon and purple numbers if you got a successful ogmur).
Otherwise, mark’s sprites are beautiful, I have happily gotten a few free pots from the tinkerer, and am finding it far easier to get spd, so I genuinely appreciate all that.

Preach, brother. Slots are becoming a problem, but the marks are indeed beautiful. Who made the sprites, I wonder?

I’ll say there’s one good thing about enemies not turning red;

I don’t have to memorize which construct is which when I’m cursing them. :smile:

Also, is I wonder if there’s:

• Mark of Dreadstump
  • Mark of Arachna
  • Mark of Son of Arachna

Nope.

Nope.

Yup.

Got a whitebag out of my first quest chest, had to complete 8 sewers and got harlequin armor :slight_smile: Loving it so far! (along with a wis, vit, and hippo)

Link to related thread:

Hallelujah

But it’s such a fun game to play. ;-;

You clearly didn’t see the motmg snipe post competition

Mind linking me to this? It’s gotta be something noteworthy I assume.

You’ve gotta view it before posts are merged

Good Luck…

Looks like you guys still have a bunch of questions, so I’ll answer some common ones!

• Yes, Snake Pits still drop from lesser Gods and the other highlands enemies just like before.
  • No, we don’t have a way for you to actually test your XML yet, but that is something we might invest in if the demand and amount of active XML creators rises! The next step for us is to make sure the documentation is up to date and easier to maintain.
  • No, we currently have no plans to make Marks stackable, but we will see if we can improve the system so you don’t have to hand in all of them at once. We’re going to look at the feedback and see how the feature performs very closely.
  • Loot tables for chests contain UTs and special loot (like dyes, skins, etc.) from all bosses in the dungeons of that quest pool, in addition to potions and tiered items.
    • Normal Quest Dungeon Pool: Snake Pit, Sprite World, Undead Lair, Abyss of Demons, The Sewers, Mad Lab, Puppet Master’s Theatre, Haunted Cemetery, Manor of the Immortals
    • Epic Quest Dungeon Pool: Ocean Trench, Tomb of the Ancients, The Shatters, Mountain Temple, Lair of Draconis, Crawling Depths, Deadwater Docks, Woodland Labyrinth, The Nest, Oryx Chamber (O1), Oryx Castle (Janus), Davy Jones’ Locker, Ice Cave
  • Encore, Shaitan, Candy Land and lower level dungeons will not be part of the pools for now.
  • Curse notifications above enemies not showing up was not intended and will be fixed.

I added this as an edit to the main post.

Some control over regulars?
Should mark System change? (changed the title for correctness)
What marks are there? INVALID NOW WIKI PAGE UP
What marks are there? INVALID NOW WIKI PAGE UP

I just want to reiterate that you guys are doing a phenomenal job, and any rant posts you may see on these forums are from people who are unablee tto appreciiate the kind of effort it takes to be working on a project.

You guys might not have a lot of vocal supporters, but there are quite a few of us, and we do love the effort you’re putting in, especially since you’re making the effort to listen to us players as well.

Regardless of what the outcome may be, I am already blown away by the Tinkerer rehaul, and I’m glad Deca’s running this ship.

Do loot tier potions affect the Quest chests? Also, handing in marks as you go would definitely be nice.

One advantage of the all-or-nothing is nobody gets left stranded having handed in 7 out of 8 and run out of time, wasting those 7 for nothing.

Another question I have that I’m pretty sure you won’t respond (for obvious reasons): are the drop chances from the quest chests the same as they are from the bosses? For example, is the drop rate of Demon Blades from the normal quest chest the same as the drop rate of Demon Blades from Malphas? And are the drop chances independent from each other, so it’s possible to get more than one UT from a single chest?

Nope. That would be kinda broken!

Yep. Crazy things can happen!

Cool. Thanks for answering.

With so many possible drops in a single chest, the chance to get at least one UT from each chest must be quite high, even if each individual drop rate is lower than normal.

Actually nope – none of my guildies got any UT and there have only been two posts of people getting UTs on reddit. The droprate for each UT must be significantly lower than their dungeon droprate. I’m guessing around 0.05%-0.1%.

And it makes a lot of sense. You’re only required to complete 8 of the dungeons for the quest chest. Having a high UT droprate for this amount of effort would be too unbalanced.

Well, maybe it’s too early to tell. There are a few more examples of white bag drops from the chests in this thread: