Patch X.17.0 - The Tinkering

in the xml documents will we be able to create texture packs

DECA. I love everything you’ve done so far, from the new dungeons to the free character slots and vault chests. I especially love the ability to tinker with XML code. But the ONE thing that would be quite amazing would be to add completely new sprites to the game. By this I mean: Unpacking the client using an upacker, editing the image files with new sprites, recompiling, and being able to create items using these new sprites. Basically teach us how to use the <texture in the XML to change it to a new sprite. For example, I’m pretty sure cloak of the planeswalker is labeled as sprite 0x064 in the XML. How does that compare to the actual position of the cloak’s sprite in the image?

It’s explained at the <Texture> part here.
In your example, that means on the sprite sheet (consisting of rows of 16 items), it would be the 5th sprite in the 7th row, like so:

We’ll be working on improving the guides with better explanations and examples (like the one I just gave).

Yo umm… how do you check out what your creation looks like once you code the XML?

Krathan has currently said “you don’t”, but they might be looking into it.

I want to learn XML now shit

You know I’m really starting to see how clever this new tinkerer quest update really is!

It’s perfect for getting loot from dungeons that you just can’t do.
For instance, ever since the nest chest event finished I found it’s really hard to find a realm with people doing the nest event and doing the dungeon after. With this new chest system I have a chance for loot without even doing the dungeon!

And it’s not like the player doesn’t have to put any effort in. The quests still require you to do high level dungeons for the loot. I think it balances out quite nicely.

Quick question for @Krathan
Does the loot table for the quest chest include ST items? As someone who only needs the bow for the full ST huntress set I would be very interested if they did.
Because I haven’t seem any mention of STs in the patchnotes. I guess they fall under special loot with the dyes and skins?

What;'s funny is that after all DECA has given us people are still asking for more advantages to aid themselves. As a f2p with only 3 vault chests I think we should be more grateful all that DECA has given us already. If you were here since DECA, they gave out 48 stat pots, 3 ambrosias, 2 character slots, 4 vault chests (or 3?), and (4?) rare pet eggs. This is just if you log on and don’t even play. Not even counting the sweet loots they gave from calendar. I remember when DECA first implemented the calendar, they had a daily log-in streak of 7 days, and when they removed that, no one got mad, or angry, because we werent as spoiled as now. Kabam didnt give us shit but a couple backpacks, so when DECA gave us these amazing things we got so surprised. Now that we’re getting too many FREE items we forgot what it was like before and became spoiled.

Don’t forget that LH free giveaway of 100 stat pots and gold mystery skin

TBH sometimes I wish they gave less. But yeah people are taking their generosity for granted.

Stunned
Wouldn’t be broken 10/10
You know liam would love that :^)
crosses fingers behind back

Also

Fun Fact: Myzzrym never posted the notes on the forums, we had a snipe competition to see who could post it first

:honeybee:

No tomato sauce makes mystic sad. Why not simply show tomato sauce for the mystic player only (i.e. on the players client only), while non-mystic players get that stupid icon? Simple stuffs…

:thinking: Will these new quest chests be affected by loot enhancing effects?

Just noticed it but are splash damages from enemies (i.e. feargus’ splash attack and medusa bombs ) supposed to show still since regular attacks from others still show so why is this disabled to be seen? Also dunno which of the new experimental options makes this happen since i just turn them all on cause my pc is shit.

We just pushed a hotfix adressing a few issues!

• Fixed Curse notifications not appearing for Orbs.
  • Fixed AoE damage text on player not showing when ally damage text is disabled.
  • Lowered damage thresholds in Oryx’s Castle and the Lair of Draconis.
  • Fixed Puppet Master spawning Archers and Rogues when he wasn’t intended to.
  • Oryx Puppet is now Armored instead of Invulnerable during the Artifact phase.
  • Fixed an issue where Marks would not drop for all players.
  • Fixed Puke Water spawner appearing as a bottle of rum.
  • Fixed a few descriptions for consistency.

I’ve edited the patch notes.

A.S.S drop
Should I buy an etherite dagger?
How much is SB for the Stone Guardians?

That wasn’t intentional?
It was a good fix, made the boss much scarier

I agree it was a fun challenge, but combining Paralyze and Armor Break projectiles in such a chaotic setting is a tad extreme for a midgame dungeon.

Yeah the only place I have had armor break (okay armor pierce but it was still pretty bad) and paralyse is temple. It was horrifying.

Definitely something for high level dungeons.

To be fair, the puppet master’s shots armor pierce anyways

I totally got that part, but some texture refs have letters like e in them. So what do I do for those ones?