Patch X.17.0 - The Tinkering

in hexadecimal, numbers are in a base 16 system instead of base 10.
since there aren’t single digit numbers beyond 9, they are represented by the letters a b c d e and f.

so instead of going 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10, it goes 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f 10.

so to interpret the texture address 0x1ea:

• 0x just tells the computer (and you) that this is a hex number and not something else, ignore it

• 1e is the the row that the sprite is on, if you don’t know what 1e is hex is it’s the same as figuring out what 27 is in decimal, 20 + 7. 1e is 10 + e, and in hex those numbers represent 16 and 14 respectively so 1e is the 30th row down (remember to start counting at 0!).

• a is which column that the sprite is on. this is because of the way it counts spaces on the sheet, left to right then moving down to the next row. a represents 10, so the sprite for 0x1ea is in the 10th column and the 30th row (counting from 0).

so using this system:

0x123b is in the 291st row and the 11th column
0x54 is in the 5th row and the 4th column
0xc4d is in the 196th row and the 13th column

Krathan can correct me if I’m wrong, but this is what I figured out on my own when I made the xml for the Clock Tower. I’m 99.99% sure this is correct (assuming i converted hex to decimal right).

Ohhhh. Makes sense. Not gonna read the hexadecimal thing but ok.

that’s kind of a big deal. you’ll waste so much less time if you can learn to count in hex.

I’m just going to say you missed your 0’s in the digit lists here, and the ten may make it confusing:

Yeah was thrown off by the 10 at the end there. But it probably would make more sense for a non technical person I suppose.

Always count starting from 0.
Just like I did on the documentation explaining it:
16 items per row, so the indexes are 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f.

0x10 is the 17th item, thus the first item on the 2nd row and so forth.
As another tip, it can be quite handy to just have a converter ready.

If you count from 1 it’s correct, but for sprite sheets it would actually mean:

Why I hate indexing

With the addition of XML editing and other helpful tools, does DECA mind if we use FSOD or other sources to test out these new enemies and other things? Basically: Would I get banned for recording a video with an FSOD server in it?

Hotfix 14-09-2017

• Fixed client side Stasis caused by Gravel.
  • Reduced Ancient Stone Sword drop rates to compensate for the damage threshold fix (don’t worry, it will still be much more fair to get than before).

Should I buy an etherite dagger?

:o

So I can explain to my guild that me getting those A.S.Ses wasn’t luck and they shouldn’t kick me from the guild? Thanks Krathan!

:sweat:, thankfully got 2 before this

oh darn, i still don’t have an ass and probaly will never get onein the future :frowning:

same😆

got 2 in 1 day and it was on Tuesday, you can see it on my realmeye.

guess what, i got 0 in 1 day you can check my realmeye

k man

Rip didn’t get an ASS yet. Well let the grind begin…

got another ass xd

Man life without an ass hurts… I have a bunch of turds stuck and they’re ready to burst…