Patch X.18.0 Halloween Madness

Hey everyone, Krathan here!

We’ve got a pretty big one for you and hope the wait wasn’t too… horrifying. Happy Halloween!

Halloween Events (from 10/24/17 until 11/14/17)

Halloween is here and with it comes a whole bunch of events in the game!

• The new Halloween Nexus is live! Huge thanks to Beige as always!
  • The Zombie Horde, Pumpkin Shrine and Halloween Oryx 2 are back:
    • Defeat them to collect limited edition re-skin weapons and Pumpkin seed tokens, hidden inside the Magic Pumpkins!
    • Collect 50 tokens during the Event to claim a Helm of the Jack-o’-naut!
  • Piles of Bones and their undead servants can be found throughout the Realm during the Event:
    • Destroy them to collect Bone Tokens!
    • Exchange 50 tokens to claim the exclusive Halloween 2017 Haunted Robe Wizard skin!
  • Halloween reskinned weapons drop from the following Bosses for the duration of the Event:
    • Septavius the Ghost God (Undead Lair): Staff of Horrific Knowledge, Skull-splitter Sword
    • Lord Ruthven (Manor of the Immortals): Bow of Nightmares, Dagger of the Terrible Talon
    • Ghost of Skuld (Haunted Cemetery): Wand of Ancient Terrors, Corrupted Cleaver
  • Halloween Event Chests schedule:
    • Puppet Master Encore: from 10/27/17 to 10/30/17
    • Ocean Trench: from 11/3/17 to 11/6/2017
    • Shatters: from 11/10/17 to 11/13/17

New skins! https://imgur.com/a/veoVG

Famous Halloween

From today until 10/31/17, use fame points in-game to contribute to unlocking the Halloween 2017 Community Reward:

• 10M Fame used by the Community will unlock: Candy of Extreme Wisdom!
  • 20M Fame used by the Community will unlock: Candy of Extreme Dexterity!
  • The Candies will instantly max out both stats on your favorite character!
  • The rewards will be available on Halloween day!

“Hey Deca, how the hell are we supposed to spend 20,000,000 fame points in a week?!”

Here are some facts for you guys: during MotMG, the community has spent a total of 78,584,700 fame points, just on Craig’s fame boxes! This time EVERYTHING counts!

We’re also adding the Halloween Fame Box to the Mystery Box shop to help you with the task: some cool cosmetics, backpacks and a chance to win the exclusive Mini Cauldron Pet Stone (credits: UIPY)!

Parasite Chambers

New horrors have entered the Realm! Go look for infested buildings near the mountains to gain access to this new high level dungeon. And be careful, it’s not for the faint of heart.

• New permanent addition to the Realm.
  • 3 New UTs: a Spell, a Tome and a Scepter.
  • New mechanic: Explosive Barrels. I’m sure you’ll figure it out, just be careful. Like you should be when handling any explosives!
  • Health scaling: specific enemies scale with the amount of players in the dungeon.

Changes

• Stone Guardians also have proper health scaling, which replaced their scaling regeneration.
  • Increased the drop chance for the Manor of the Immortals.
  • The Ring of Unbound Health replaced the Ring of Decades drop in the Shatters.

Quality of Life

• New command /event now displays in the chat log dungeons that have chest events active.
  • Frequent chat log system messages will now display which events are currently running.
  • Portals start flashing 5 seconds before they disappear.
  • Always Show EXP option: Show EXP notifications even when level 20.
  • Introduce invulnerability to all players when Realm generation occurs (Oryx lag).
  • Equipment Tool Tips:
    • Spells show their amount of shots.
    • Boomerang on projectiles is displayed and cuts range in half to avoid confusion.
    • Parametric on projectiles is displayed and it uses the magnitude as the range.
    • Range rounds to the second digit.
    • Rate of Fire now shows the weapon’s actual value rather than relative comparison.
    • Comparison for Cooldown and Shots.

Fixes

• Better fix for invisible enemy de-sync (fixes the brief flashing).
  • No longer using queued text for Level Up notifications.
  • Made the Disable Ally Notifications option affect Level Up and EXP notifications.
  • The Horrific Creation no longer gets stuck outside of the room.
  • The Ninja default skin is back!
  • Equipment Tool Tips:
    • Fixed projectile inconsistencies (condition effects not always showing).
    • Fixed “Shots: 1” sometimes showing when not needed.
  • HP Bar Fixes:
    • Bars no longer show on invincible objects (for example traps in the Cave of a Thousand Treasures).
    • Bars no longer disappear on Rogue when invisible or Paladin when invulnerable.
    • Bars always show on Kage Kami (and his grave).
    • Bars always show on Treasure Pots in the CoaTT.
    • Bars always show on the final Ghost of Skuld.
    • Bars no longer show on Sprite Trees.
  • Sprite Fixes:
    • The Lunar Mystic skin has improved animations.
    • Several skin sprites and dye masks have been adjusted.

Baggage! (Quality of Life and Fixes)

• New bag types!
    • Orange: ST, Skins, Pet Skins, Dyes, Cloths, Keys, Pet Food and Wine Cellar Incantations.
    • Gold: Tokens, Marks, Treasures and Tarot Cards.
    • Red: T13 Weapons, T14 Armors and T6 Rings (Unbound).
    • Bag priorities: Brown - Pink - Purple - Egg - Gold - Cyan - Blue - Orange - Red - White.
    • Loot Drop/Tier Potions no longer result in one bag color but rather one for each regular bag, so you can still get White Bags! This also means low tier bags won’t be turned soulbound for potion users anymore.
  • Low tier items can be drop-traded!
    • Up to T9 Weapons, T4 Abilities, T10 Armors and T4 Rings (Paramount).
    • Hp/Mp pots and special consumables (now also counting Tinctures, Cocktails, and the Wooden Box).
    • You can now drag items directly out of loot bags like in good old times!
  • Just like portals, bags also start flashing 5 seconds before they disappear.
  • White Bags last two minutes instead of one.
  • Uncommon Eggs, Tinctures, Cocktails and the Wooden Box are no longer soulbound.
  • All special consumables drop in soulbound bags like they used to (Drake Eggs, Holy Water, Ghost Pirate Rum, etc.).
  • Fixed client trying to drop drop-tradable items into soulbound bags and soulbound items into public bags.
  • Fixed items getting stuck on the game screen while dragging them. No more drag and drop art and item golems on the game screen, sorry! It’s the end of an era.

About New Design Features

We spent quite some time on new features and options for XML! You will certainly see some new things happening in the Parasite Chambers. We will spend more time documenting these new features for ourselves, our UGC contributors and of course any interested and future XML enthusiasts out there. Let’s talk about them for a bit!

We now have a much better and optimized way to scale enemies with the amount of players in the current instance. This is still a test run, as only certain enemies in the Parasite Chambers and the Stone Guardians use it so far, but if all goes well, we can introduce it to more enemies. And not to worry, it shouldn’t get to a point where the “the more the merrier” principle of RotMG will be hurt, as the scaling is still a little conservative and primarily meant to prevent steamrolling, not equalize difficulty.

Enemies can now deal area of effect damage directly, without the need for grenades. You will certainly see this in action in the new dungeon!

Shot patterns no longer have to originate from the enemy’s position, we can set relative positions now. This opens up a lot of options for interesting patterns without having to deal with invisible helper objects, complicated orders, etc.

We have a new behavior for teleporting players now! Its first official use is… for a certain Easter egg in the Nexus I shouldn’t really talk about! In the future this gives us opportunities for new dungeon designs and also a way to make backtracking in dungeons less painful.

There are also smaller new features like damage on Tomes, number of shots for Spells and of course various other options which also have been introduced with the past class and item balance patches. We have a lot of work to do on the documentation!

Update 2017-10-25

We have made some changes to quests!

• Egg craft quests have been replaced by scout quests, turn in only one mark from Godlands dungeons for extra stat pots!
  • All epic quests and a few normal quests require less marks.
  • Added new epic quests for the Parasite Chambers.

You should start seeing these changes by tomorrow at the latest!

Hotfix 2017-10-26

• Improved Realm restart Invincibility (also changed from Invulnerability).
  • Removed all Quest markers from the Lair of Draconis.
  • Bone Piles spawn with a tile to prevent obstacle spawning.
  • Bone Piles have more HP (from 3000 to 15000).
  • Event Chests now have scaling HP (reduced base from 180000 to 60000).
  • Fixed super stronk Furious Lashers and Horrow Maws at Infested Buildings (disabled HP scaling).

Hotfix 2017-10-30

• The drop rates for Magic Pumpkins have been more than doubled and Oryx 2 drops at least one!
  • Fixed super stronk Parasitic Stalkers at Infested Buildings (disabled HP scaling).
  • Fixed Heart Thief Necromancer dye mask.

Hotfix 2017-11-09

• Introduced measures to fix Event Chests not spawning - please let us know if you’re still encountering issues.
  • Introduced enemy count if 10 or less for Event Chest clearing.
  • Fixed issue where the exit portal doesn’t spawn and enemies remain after killing the Forgotten King too fast in the Shatters.

Deca rings no longer in stock?
Collecting Tokens
Events nowadays
What is the hotfix?
Classic Ninja Skin not available [fixed in X.18.0]
Daily Quests to be temporarily deactivated (March 27 to March 30)
Bags in general (skin bag or a cloth bag)

@Beige for president 2017.

Edit: @Krathan can be vice president.

Edit 2:

That’s an amazing feature that has huge possibilities. I hope some older dungeons that routinely get trounced will get some love. Fire Blights in crowded Abysses, perhaps?

Lots of people are going to be happy to have their lives spared. Is it only for the duration of the realm build or is it padded a second or two in either direction? Also, i’m mildly concerned about any tangible benefits players could exploit from the short term but guaranteed invulnerability.

Edit 3: re: heath scaling. I misinterpreted that. Spawn scaling is what I was thinking, which could also be a neat feature (hint hint). Still, health scaling is long overdue and a far better choice than the current evaluation periods a la ent ancient and ghost king.

Darn you beat me by a second to posting this

insert earthsmash flashback here

How? When? Where? I need a free Jugg

The amount of bug fixes and fantastic quality of life improvements in this update is staggering. The new bag categorization has been needed for a long time, since so many miscellaneous items have simply been thrown into purple or cyan bags in the past. The new boosted version of every bag is also a great solution the long-demanded change for red bags to not conceal everything. This wiki page is gonna need an overhaul! The return of good ol’ drop trading is also extremely welcome.

Krathan discussed a lot of super exciting new features at the end of the notes, but perhaps the most exciting of all is player-based HP scaling. This is a great way to make dungeons and enemies most adaptable to both large and small groups, helping to close the gap between overpowered mobs and hopelessly small teams.

And of course, the Parasite Chambers! A gorgeous, albeit rather unsettling new dungeon. Don’t take this place too lightly. It may not be endgame like the recent Nest or Lost Halls, but it is very capable of killing maxed characters. There is tons of new functionality being introduced in this dungeon, like instantaneous AoE bombs and the extremely fun explosive barrels. Just be on your guard, enemies can inflict very high damage here, which becomes even more deadly if you hit yourself with a barrel and become armor broken. Don’t be too careless and you should be fine. Good luck getting those new items!

Why is there no halloween cementery?
I was looking forward to that.

need flash player version!

Is this what you mean?

Edit @Bryntonicu
Gz on the spell. I’m watching vid :arrow_down: 02:49 I’m shouting "shoot the construct"
03:17 “I wonder if I can kill a construct” :laughing: :laughing:
Also: try recentre screen before TP for guarantee longer life! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Probably not the correct place to put this, so I’m sorry in advance, but here’s the new spell in case you all are curious about it! Also, sorry about the audio issue, I was excited and forgot to adjust the game audio :frowning:

Wow, just wow, so many fantastic fixes. A wild round of applause to you DECA.

Nexus map highlights!

Bunny!

Bomb hallucinates you.

There’s also a maze in the top left of the Nexus that I suspect leads to nowhere :confused:
In the very top left there’s a patch of land (?) that you can’t get to even with Trickster because it won’t let you use abilities closer to the border.

Oh it leads to something. :wink:

I spent 15 minutes there and got stuck >:[

Low quality flash? (shudders)

uhhhhh
shuddup >.<

Dude, I had tunnel vision on the new spell lol :stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t see the construct :stuck_out_tongue:
As for recentering the screen, I just can’t consciously do that :smiley:

Fuck. Yes.

I hope I get to say this with every patch notes you post here Krathan.

You guys manage to overwhelm me with the sheer quantity of stuff you’re churning out. New content aside… holy shit that is a lot of QoL improvements, bug fixes AND new mechanics!

Deca, y’all really outdo yourselves every time.

Can we get stats on the Spell, Tome and Sceptre in this thread? Thanks!

REALM CLOSERS ELITISTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wait for the 50 tokens, is each one a 100% drop if you reach sb