Patch X.20.1 Oryxmas Eve

Yep, all the bosses and Encounters that use HP scaling can now end up with several times their base HP, depending on the amount of players in the instance.

1. yeah he’s random
  2. you have to kill him fast enough or he’ll just leave and you get 0 (I soloed a lab)

found one
he shoots lots of debuffs

Or they drop from the chests?

Not the way it worked when they did the pumpkin seeds so…probably not?
Unless they make it a guarenteed drop it’d be pretty fucking stupid anyway.

We had a little back-and-forth about sharing the details, partly because we also didn’t for the past changes, hence why it’s missing from the patch notes. It’s also our first big wave of testing it, so values might still change!

Currently all affected Encounters gain a 10% HP bonus per player in the Realm - meaning for example a Sphinx in a full Realm would have (50000 * 0.1 * 85) 425000 HP! As players leave, it will scale back down.
For all affected dungeon bosses (Nightmare Colony, Stone Guardians, Oryx 1, Oryx 2 and Davy Jones) it’s 20% per player.

Enemy Health and Scaling

o shit, 1 mill O2

Can’t wait to see those HP callouts.

What are the drops for the Workshop?

Did 3 grinches, got 1 key.
So something around 1/5?

What drops can you get from the Workshop

So the Workshop only drops tokens and the new Oryxmas consumables then?

What’s the Hp on those presents? Reckon a Sorc could make some juicy loot in there if the Hp values aren’t super high.

like 1000 hp I guess. Warrior seems like the best choice, especially as there is pet stasis.

also got a mystery pot and 3 other pots

Wow, thanks! I didn’t expect you to be that forthcoming. I really like how aggressively it ramps up.

I can’t wait for difficulty scaling, ie full realm = MEGA SPHINX with Heinous Reapers!

Is the soulbound threshold the same amount of damage or is it the same percentage?
Because it’d be kind of redundant to make it the same percentage at this point

Also does the Grinch actually steal your loot?

Me want presents. Presents… Presents…

PRESENTS!!!

Wait does the grinch steal soulbound stuff, because it would suck if you got a white and he took it. Although Im kinda confused by what they mean by steal since I havent actually seen it at all yet.

A chest (sometimes) spawns after the boss, but O NO! a Grinch then appears and “steals” the chest away. You then have to kill the Grinch in order to get any extra loot.

lol didn’t even notice the Pet Stasis icon above your head the first time I looked at the screen cap.

Wouldn’t Ninja or a Dagger class with Stinger be even better though? They’d have more Spd than Warrior, a longer range and the ability to hit several presents at once.

This is both a good idea and a bad idea, and here’s my personal reasons why;

Why it’s good: Lots of various little reasons, but the main one (to me) is for RealmEye trade offers, so we won’t miss a PM from someone buying/selling us what we want/need due to the star filter.
Why it’s bad: Bots. 'Nuff said :confused:
(I still would say that it is primarily good though, and I look forward to the new updates.)

I feel like some of the events need an HP buff and not a nerf, like the Skull Shrine, Cube God, Pentaract, and Oryx 1/2.

I also have very mixed feelings about the Grinch, because players with a low Speed stat and/or players with the Slowed/Paralyzed debuff might not be physically able to get to the loot on-time.
Speaking of the Grinch, I feel like the concept for him (in the game) is largely inspired by the little imps in the game Castle Crashers;

These little buggers that would run in, steal any gold or gems that they could get, and run off with it after taunting you with a giggle. (They were fun to kill though ;))
Were these the inspiration for the behavior of the Grinch? I wonder :thinking:

To be completely honest, I actually feel pretty bad for poor Craig. Nobody ever listens to him in the Court of Oryx. After all, he’s just trying to do his job in order to make a living.
But hey, at least he likes to visit Guill (C’mon, I really doubt that his portal mixups are accidental) and keep him company occasionally!

Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with this update. Yes, there are a few downsides (in my opinion, of course), but I’d still say that it’s primarily positive.
Once again, Deca pushes the game in the right direction, and I’m looking forward to see what they have in store for us in 2018.