Patch X.23.0 - Assassin and Trickster Balance

x-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/82xak0/patch_x230_assassin_and_trickster_balance/

@moderators move pls
If anyone knows how to properly format the tables please let me know.

What prism should i use, and when?
Buff Cdirk?
Can someone explain how decoys interact with AoE bombs (or a lack thereof)?
Buff Cdirk?

After 20 minutes of playing I must say that it seems well balanced

Why is ghostly getting +2100 dmg?
They just made it a cheaper spellbomb.

Menu graphic:

I’ll have a try. Edit: done :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m guessing they did that so that the prism wouldn’t be viewed as ‘useless’ anymore.

Yeahhh babe now my Cdirk will be a lot more worth it to use

LEBRON IS BACK, BABY!

Disappointed that a class rebalance happened without the inclusion of wismod.

The trickster changes seem like a buff for people who already like trickster, but will have low impact on whether the class is appealing to the rest.

Assassin impact damage was highly needed. Reducing throw time is an interesting/creative buff that I like, but reduces the skill ceiling of the class. That’s probably a good thing that both improves the class and makes it playable for more people.

Etherite/Cronus is hilarious for how edge case it is but how important people made it out to be. It’s good that DECA listens, but probably not as good that the community rallies for throwaway changes instead of significant ones.

The QoL improvements are nice; one of my favorite things about the DECA development cycle. A cool update is that the background of the loading screen is no longer animated, which I think may have solved one of the long-time issues with flash overlay problems so that’s neat.

Overall it’s a positive update, but I would hardly call it a class rebalance for those daggers. It’s a tweak that involves buffing, and probably contributes to a small amount of power creep, but it doesn’t really balance anything significant.

Game is crashing soo bad i hope you guys fix it fast i want to test out the new Assassin !

Kinda gonna miss the skill ceiling for sin but probably better tbh I feel like the sin community was smol as is so it’s better this way

The new update seems to have broken MrEyeball - probably the same reason Muledump is down.

wait why does it say that theyll be removing march tokens?

???

You are aware that the bombs are spawned at the location you teleported from, not the location you teleported to, right?

It’s just a short-range AoE attack that deals heavy damage, but you need to get very close to the enemy; doing so is therefore greatly rewarded.

It’s probably just me, but I’d find it to be somewhat weird if Assassin and Trickster got wismod.
The only classes that are currently influenced by wismod are classes that focus on magic (both literally and lorewise), the Sorcerer being the odd one out when it comes to wis caps so I can’t say that it’s weird cause of their max wis.

However, I can still see from what standpoint you’re talking - it would certainly help the game.

also shameless self-promotion that I came up with the impact damage idea as well - possibly the first
I don’t want to brag about it because I’m not confident enough in it I’m only just pointing it out it’s a coincidence and a logical option

Really, do you think that the rotmg community cares about standing on their targets? Unless you are fighting ice spheres, getting close to your target is no problem. Why do you think people use etherite over any other dagger? For its dps, not survivability and range, I can tell you that.

The point I was trying to make was that a spellbomb has screen range (and some tiles), while the Ghostly Prism is restricted to wherever you’re standing.
I just thought you were implying something that didn’t correlate with this.

Some servers are restarting.

1. As long as all the abilities require mana, I feel they should be affected by wisdom.
  2. Unlike mana, which is clearly a magical resource, wisdom is also a natural attribute which does not necessarily mean magic. Isn’t it possible that being wiser would improve the ability to effectively use poison? Or a prism, whatever the real-world mechanics of that are supposed to be?
  3. On that topic, I’ve never really thought this through until today, but are prisms which generate decoys (even exploding ones) naturally occurring technology in oryx’s realm? I always thought they were magical and it never occurred to me that people might have thought otherwise.

what march tokens???