Patch X.31.9.2 - Crystal Cavern

x-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/ctxq8m/patch_x3192_crystal_cavern/

And pics of the new UTs:

And the crystals:

Patch X.31.9.0 - Fungal Cavern
MotMG 2019 Discussion Megathread

Edit this in (done) + move to #news:developers-corner, @moderators :3

And pics of the new UTs:

And the crystals:

Nice Keanu Reeves reference there, hehe.

Deca toast is the weirdest thing to see. I will not get used to this.

Decatoast!
(there’s 10 of them!)

Really not a fan of keeping aliens permanently unless they’re like, beach bum rare. This might be the thing that finally gets me to quit. The portal vomit on the minimap every time the UFO dies and the constant spam messages when it’s trying to spawn are easily my least favourite things in the game right now.

if you don’t like it, don’t do it
tho i agree with the spam. gets really clustery really quickly. same with oryx horde

don’t like it, don’t do it!

Thanks for your very insightful comment. I never would have thought of that! I love UFOs and notifier hordes now!

This update appears to have broken or disabled the TP block when changing servers.
Which, coupled with the notify bots in every realm, seems a big mistake, serving an advantage on a plate to notifiers/huge Discord mobs over guilds. WIth it not mentioned in patch notes as a ‘feature’, presumably this is an unintentional breakage/bug.

I continue to think it’s a shame to make great-sounding new abilities but hide them on UTs that by their rare nature most players will never get their hands on.

All of them to some extent, but especially what the Star of Enlightenment does (hold key to slow&berzerk self, release for burst dmg) would’ve been a great tiered ability for a 16th class, and breaking out new mechanics that everyone has access to is a good way to keep the game fresh.

[Edits: fixing what I am trying to say.]

the exact reason I have issues with UTs being sb and the loot system in general, stuff like this just gets annoying at a certain point

75 days of play time and not being able to get many items that I would love to have but can’t because I’m generally not super lucky.

Well what can I say, unfortunately some people in the community like items to be rare for the sake of being rare.

At any rate I will keep tabs on this dungeon.

So far it does not look like it was well received by the community.

USS has been dead.

Maybe the event was underwhelming or maybe the dungeon just isn’t a cup of tea. We shall see.

But why not just keep quiet? Or at least, not mention a name? Also failing to see how that bit would have bene on-topic either.

Here’s me soloing the crystal caverns~ This is a blind solo, I never tested the crystal caverns before and this was my first attempt

I personally didn’t enjoy much about this 2nd part of the dwarvern cave expedition. There were many moments where I could be easily instakilled, especially by the purple and blue gem monster with their over-the-top aggressive rushes. Seriously, the only time you know they’re there is when you come into their view, in which they just rush at you out of nowhere in an attempt to sit on you. The nest and LH don’t have this ridiculous charging AI to this extent. Well, at least the purple gem monster takes like 2 seconds before it starts firing, so maybe I’m being slightly petty here

The boss fight was somewhat decent, even though half of the time you were battling the 3 guardians, which were also fine by themselves, except for one specific guardian; the fish. Idk about you, but at 19:20 in the video, if I didn’t move, that thing would have instantly sat on me and K.O’ed me right there. The bosses should honestly have a proper spawning animation, as well as a very brief period of idleness to prepare the players for the next guardian, rather than have an unfortunate fish suddenly sit on you and end the fight. Crystal entity itself wasn’t too bad, it was fun dodging all the bullets and it was manageable.

Redeeming qualities? Artwork is fantastic, lovely dungeon atmosphere as well. Other than that, I don’t see myself doing this as often as the fungal cavern. It’s still a semi-nice dungeon, but I don’t think I’d be doing this again anytime soon.

Which gives more fame rn— LH full clear or 2x exp caverns full clear?

New update, see: Patch X.31.9.3 - The Keyper