Patch X.32.0.0: Merry Oryxmas! [misnumbered, is actually X.31.2.0]

Merry Oryxmas, Realmers!

The winter holidays and celebrations are just around the corner and we too, in the Realm of the Mad God, will be celebrating!

Patch Notes X.32.0.0:

Reminder that the Unity Campaign will end on December, 31st!

Events

The Realm of the Mad God will celebrate Oryxmas until January, 8th 2019!

• The Permafrost Lord is back and now has a chance to drop a portal to the Ice Tomb
  • Oryx’s Castle is covered in snow and scouts are reporting that a chest has been trapped in ice near the castle’s bridge
  • Ice Shards, Primal Ice, Ornaments and Bells are back and can be obtained from various places in-game and exchanged for rewards in the Daily Quest Room
  • Many Events in Realm, the Oryx Castle, the Nexus and other places in the game celebrate Oryxmas
  • Oryxmas Gifts have a chance to spawn in many of the lower level dungeons (Godlands), explore them thoroughly for some additional loot!
  • Santa’s Workshop is back
  • Winter T11 weapons have a chance to drop at standard T11 weapon drop locations
  • Winter T6 abilities have a chance to drop at standard T6 ability drop locations

Oryxmas Tokens and Quests

• Ice Shards Quests:

• Ice Shards drop from many places in the Realm!
    • 3 quests requiring increasing quantities reward you with a total of 5 Primal Ice and 2 Ornament per day (x5, x15, x30).
  • Primal Ice:

• Drops from Dungeon bosses, Realm events, Chest Events and Ice Shard Quests.
    • Ice Weapon Quest: requires Primal Ice x 20 for a Weapon of Choice.
    • Oryxmas Ability Quest: requires Primal Ice x 20 for a random Oryxmas T6 Ability Reskin
    • Ice UT Quest: requires Primal Ice x 80 for a UT Reskin of Choice
  • Ornaments:

• Drops from Quests, Chest Events, Mystery Boxes and other places in-game.
    • Oryxmas Skin Quest: requires Ornament x 25 for a Skin of Choice (Scrooge Priest, Santa Wizard, Helping Huntress)
    • Oryxmas Pet Skin Quest: requires Ornament x 25 for a Oryxmas Mystery Pet Skin

New

• Oryxmas Nexus by Lovens: a wonderful place to celebrate Oryxmas, filled with secrets and things to explore!

• New goal UI in realms to help with general goal setting.

• Guiding newer players on what to achieve in the realms
    • Indications on the number of Heroes of Oryx left to defeat before Oryx closes the realm
    • UI can be folded (by clicking on the arrow or using a hotkey, adjustable in options, default C)
  • New quests and monsters in the realm

• Minotaur is now a level 9 quest and slightly more common
    • Urgle is now a level 11 quest
    • Hunter Centaur is a new High Forest level 13 quest
    • Dark Elf Queen is a new High Forest level 15 quest

Balancing

Fixes and Quality of Life

• Updated Quest Chest loot table
  • Shatters chests are now stasis immune
  • Larvae from the Murderous Megamoth will spawn more spread out
  • Fixed Guill forgetting about Samurai when asked to pick a random class
  • Orange Drakes now apply temporary stasis immunity to a zapped enemy like Orbs do
  • Added set pieces to Wandering Turkey and Realm Event Chest to avoid spawns in closed-off areas

Misc

• Chat server split - Chat is now independently processed from game servers, which should result in a lot more server stability for dungeons hosted in the Nexus, Guild Hall, Bazaars etc. For now we are reverting the chat changes, sorry for the inconvenience! Edit: We also changed the version number from X.32.0.0 to X.31.2.0.
  • Optimized enemy spawning in the realm

New Skins!

X.31.2.1 Patch 2018-12-20

• Fixed Ghost Ship (Frozen Ship) issues: HP scaling, Davy Jones’ Locker not 100% and not updating quest on spawn
  • When destroyed, the Frozen Chest will now turn into a freed chest with HP scaling and temporary invulnerability
  • Updated Epic Quest Chest loot table: Samurai ST and Assassin ST pieces
  • Added Ice Shard drops to the 5 Oryxmas encounters: Rock Dragon, Cube God, Hermit God, Pentaract, Ghost Ship
  • Added Stasis immunity to various Heroes and their minions: Ghost King, Ghost Master, Actual Ghost King, Ent Ancient, Actual Ent Ancient, Lich, Actual Lich and Phylactery Bearer
  • Fixed the goal UI not remembering whether it was minimized or not
  • Fixed the goal UI not showing the realm name after leaving a dungeon
  • Added a scroll bar for options in case of overflow (Steam Hotkeys)
  • Added a race expert snowman and start lights for racing on the ice track in the Nexus
  • Fixed certain Oryx’s Castle minions not being in a winter spirit
  • Fixed Character Changer symmetry
  • Fixed briefly visible regular Pentaract tower on snowman tower respawn
  • Fixed Actual Ent not spreading Oryxmas cheer

Patch X.31.9.3 - The Keyper
Cool Stuff I found Outside the Nexus
Did Deca forget to label eggs as quests?
Patch X.31.1.2 + December Login Rewards + Treasure Hunting Chest Event

What stuff can you get for 80 ice

I’d urge you to consider extending it for a few days. For those who want to spend money, many people are paid or gifted on New Year. For the (mostly) f2p, there will be the o1/o2 chest event Jan 1-3 (which encourages realm grinding).

Not the Beework, but a neat & great update nonetheless! ^u^

You don’t get your bonus before Christmas?

and if you mean just paid like a normal payday then that shouldn’t affect it.

Should be Reskin Bee Quiver, CBow, Cwand, Csword, Tomb Rings, Prot and Crown if I’m not mistaken.

Oh man

Apparantly you still get a lot of chat server dcs and cant use /commands during that

Edit: apparantly gone be taken down in the next few minutes

shouldn’t it be “a chest” not “chest”

What exactly does the ice shard section mean? I’m on phone so I can’t quote.

grammar nazi has no place in realm. your account is now permanently banned

Just highlight with your finger and tap quote. Just as easy as computer.

How do you highlight tho?
When it happens to say quote it only gets one word

Hold your finger on the text and adjust the extent

Oh I am big noob. Thanks.

Stack Ice Shards and exchange them at the Tinkerer? Seems pretty straightforward.

so the workshop is basically useless?

I mean more primals def and att and ub rings

This was what I was asking about.

The orc skin looks it gots to pee