/pause

I remember you could pause in realms and dungeons, but why can’t you do that anymore?

Because they changed it

But why?

I wouldnt want to nexus out of a tomb nor the realm just because I needed to go off for like 3 minutes

In dungeons it was removed because there was an exploit that allowed players to pause when they werent supposed to (see here: https://youtu.be/ax-n5WzqMiU?t=1m5s)

In realms it was probably removed because you could use paused accounts to manipulate the spawns in glands

i love that vid

ohh thats genios answer

Also leeching in dungeons. But yeah, shame this feature is obsolete save for conserving loot drops in the Nexus areas.

Thats 200 iq right there

Thats 2000IQ there broooooooooooooo

Basically the reason why /pause has been virtually disabled outside of Nexus is to avoid having to actually solve the related problems. RotMG devs always prefered half-assed hotfixes over finding true solutions.

alright then. tell me how someone could fix a literal internet connection hack
the only solution i can see is loading the entire map at once which seems like it would be laggy as hell

idk man, let’s think of some kind of a complex solution, right?

What if, one again, I don’t knowyou didn’t allow players to move by a hundred tiles while paused

This game is so poorly written just to hotfix as many things as possible that it just creates more and more opportunities for hacking and cheating, while honest players suffer. That’s not how you solve problems.

not decas fault lmao blame wildshadow

Yeah, admittedly, although Kabam has hugely contributed to it by their lazy bugfixes as I said and quite frankly, DECA doesn’t solve problems all that differently from the former two.

thats because they’re working on overhauling the games code and porting to unity.

This wasn’t a difficult thing to fix and they didn’t do it right anyways, so don’t come at me with these excuses. Kabam and WildShadow were sitting on their asses as far as development goes and they didn’t fix things properly either. Surely, DECA is more active, but bugfixes are done poorly on the server-side, which is not going to change much with Unity client.

they’re building the code from the ground up.

That’s honestly not true at all. They can use large chunks of the existing code because AS3 is almost compatible with ES. It shouldn’t take them more than 2-3 months to get it to a state in which it will work better than the current Flash client.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.