Pentaract loot mechanics

what

^
I have the same question. Need help. Someone please answer. :grinning:

I think so

@GHZD should make a vid on it

Well Pentaract isn’t guaranteed loot anyway.
Thought you should know that

I don’t believe so, because the tower you did damage to is not your qualifying damage for the actual enemy.

It’ll be a tough one to get footage for, but I will try!

In fact, this question is a special aspect of a biggest question : does healed damage still counts as sb damage? Because on both sides, it would be a bit bad actually :

• If you deal damage, it is healed and still counts as sb, you could actually get an unlimited amount of people with sb. Multibox would be stupid on this.
  • If you deal damage, it is healed and doesn’t count as sb anymore, then this could get abused to ruin player’s chance of getting loot (especially on bosses like Ruthven)

If you think about it, the respawning pentaract towers are just like if they entierly healed (although I think they are just new monsters, and by so respawning them you reset SB)

Oh, i’m fully aware of the logic behind it, viewers want visual proof is what im getting at. (it’d be a bit boring if I made a 30 second vid explaining why a re-spawned enemy doesnt have the same sb,)

No

I think so, and here is why.

If someone takes out a tower and the group can’t kill all of them within the 10 sec gap between each one, the tower respawns. If respawning a tower prevents someone else from getting loot, there would be sabotaging.

Say I’m late to a Pentaract and there are only a couple of towers left. If I camp at one tower and kill it and essentially dirty the Pentaract, there might be a way to reroll the sb lottery. Of course, this is provided that you don’t get sb once a tower respawns. Essentially, I can reroll a Pentaract enough times to the point where I may get loot, provided the Pentaract doesn’t die within the ten seconds.

you need to do 100 pentaracts with pear so you can make sure your data is correct.

That would be hell.

You probably can’t even find a solo penta anyway so it’d be impossible to get accurate results.

The Pentaract does not have any guaranteed drops, so it’s very likely that you won’t receive any loot. The loot with the highest probability is for a stat potion, which, is still pretty low.

The Pentaract encounter has more going on behind the scenes than one may initially suspect. What the game knows as “Pentaract” is actually an invisible and invincible object with no hit box that resides at the center of the encounter. It no longer drops loot–but that’s whole historical story that I can tell you if you really want me to. What we players typically consider to be the Pentaract is what the game refers to as “Pentaract Towers”. These Pentaract Towers also do not technically drop loot either, though these are responsible for recording your SB damage. The Pentaract maintains these Pentaract Towers, and, if all of them die within a short time of each other, the Pentaract transmforms all of the Pentaract Towers to what the game calls “Pentaract Tower Corpses”, which are set to die immediately and drop the loot depending on the SB record that was maintained. Since the Pentaract itself never dies, though the towers respawn, your SB record would be maintained until the encounter dies.

Healed damage does not count against your SB in anyway. As for the Pentaract, your SB is maintained because the encounter itself doesn’t die.

Losing soulbound when an enemy heals?

Does that means that, in theory, an unlimited amount of people can get sb on a single boss? That seems crazy!

In theory, sure. But in reality there are limits to the number of players in a realm, dying/leaving resets one’s SB record, cat herding, etc. That’s likely why its drop rates tend to have lower probabilities across the board compared to similar encounters like the Cube God or Skull Shrine.

Well that surely was interesting. Thanks for the information!

That’s one of the reasons I’m here. I like being able to answer questions like this.

I can tell you don’t get how detail sections work. You want to do this:

[details=title]text[/details]

which results in:

title

text

Also, if it respawns, I’m 90% sure you don’t get sb damage from the previous kills, since it respawns as a new entity I would imagine.

Alright, here is the answer. When you do damage to a tower, yet it ends up being killed before the pentaract itself is dead, it will be replaced with a new tower, meaning all your previous sb damage is gone, and you will not qualify for loot in that tower. This can get very confusing as you don’t know which towers you have gotten your sb damage on.

TL;DR: If you damage a tower, then it dies and respawns, you no longer qualify for sb loot on that tower, yet if you damage the new tower, you will qualify for sb.