People have suggested a pet level cap (no divines in godlands, nor in their dungeons, etc.), but what if certain dungeons had a *minimum*?

I understand your argument, but the problem I see with your solution is that it’s just a stopgap. This is just putting a band-aid on a much (much) bigger issue of pets in general. Something like this would be really divisive for the community, and that could have some major effects on how deca deals with future issues.

I really do agree with your main argument that pets have become a major roadblock in getting new players, but I think the solution to the problem is a much more comprehensive rework of the pet system overall that wouldn’t be easy.

Like I said earlier, I have a divine pet, and I would be perfectly fine with nerfing them even to like half as effective as they are now, but I’m sure the vast majority would be against that. So at the end of the day, no matter what path deca decides to walk down, whether it be an idea like yours, a major rework that involves nerfing pets or making them easier to get to higher levels, or simply just ignoring the issue altogether, what we’re left with is a problem that will undoubtedly divide the community in a negative way.

Looking at deca’s track record though, I honestly see them just ignoring this problem for as long as possible, hoping that it never becomes an issue big enough to impact them financially. I’d be happier with a rework of these dungeons in question that “require” the better pets, because I think the idea that I gotta go sign contracts and blood oaths on another website just to run a dungeon with 14,000 other people is stupid.

Oh well, I just wanted to have a big ass yak (now a bee) follow me around cause it looks cool. I guess msellers is laughing at us all from his yacht. Thanks Kabam

there’s no point in giving people pets at all.

If they somehow remade Shatters and fixed all the problems with it then pets would be even more unnecessary. Remove all the messy rushing and lavawalking and there’s no need for constant heals.

Sometimes it’s not that I’m too lazy to read, it’s that the information is irrelevant anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.