Permanent dyes / bucket / spool

just a version of existing dye but available to be permanent. I think most players don’t bother to buy dyes and just wait for the free dyes / don’t care cause perma death would sorta make it a waste of money. I feel like you could easily sell permanent dyes for $10-20 or so. I also saw this was an existing topic before but wanted to bring it back up since unity is around the corner

I think an easy way to do this is just to create a paint bucket / spool sprite or something and add it to the cloth bazaar options/ui (I would try but I still suck at spriting Lol)

Maybe you could just take a temporary / non permanent dye and bring it to a new NPC in the cloth bazaar and he will upgrade it to permanent for gold so you don’t have to make a million paint bucket/spool sprites for colors

So, a dye that would make it so every future character of that class you make will have that coloring? I would personally avoid that like the plague! The basic colors at least look okay, imagine accidentally applying one of these dyes that looks terrible, and having all your future character look like clowns until you find another dye to replace it.

Plus, that doesn’t really make sense. It isn’t like every wizard is the same person, there are a whole lot of wizards in the realm all working together to fight Oryx (or the Void or whatever you like to think about the lore). When your character dies, your character dies. Making a new character isn’t trying again, it is a totally new person showing up to the fight.

In addition, the way dyes currently work is that if you change skin, the dye remains. There are some dyes that look great on some skins and terrible on others, so the permanent dye would have to be specific to a certain skin, which would mean completely re-programming how dyes work and are saved.

I am curious, though, what are a couple examples of dyes that you personally would like to have permanently applied to characters? I think the current system is pretty good.

I enjoy every character looking different based on the cloths and dies it finds through its life. Pretty much the only die I actively look out for are the white dies (especially ghost white) since those consistently make characters look cool. Even then, I wouldn’t want a permanent ghost white dye.

I am pretty sure he means a dye that isn’t consumed when applied so it can just be put back on

Oh. Lol. That would make a lot more sense. And also would be pretty neat. Well, just ignore my massive rant above, then…

haha yeah that is what i meant and to answer your question I’d get that white&black stripe dye so i can always look like a barcode lol

I’d probably get white/black or some sort of purple now that i changed my name

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.