Pet Peeves

Not true, some offensive jokes are funny.

Here’s Pet Peeves. Or rather Peeve’s pets. Shit I messed up, shoulda renamed a pet to peeves.

(my pet peeve is people that checkmate you in the washroom. here’s a visualization:)

(these are urinals)
|–|     |–|     |–|
^me   ^         ^some other dude
          ^
          ^ SOME FUCKING GUY JUST WALKS HERE AND CHECKMATES US

its only cuz my pp smol :c

wh-why do you think a naturally growing plant is immoral

I mean marijuana, used as a recreational drug

Because it’s used as a drug

Straight with more steps

You haven’t explained to me how it’s irrational, all you’ve done is tell me the definition of joke and assert that those kinds of things are okay to say :thinking: my reason is as simple as wanting a safe environment for people, and for them to not be the butt of jokes that devalue them as people. I have quite a few trans friends (including my partner) that really don’t appreciate jokes that are based around misunderstanding them (which is most, see Ickabod’s comment) especially when this is the extent of knowledge of trans people that a lot of people have. I think it’s very worth it trading a few guilty laughs for a more safe environment for everyone.

people chewing with their mouth open

not using, periods

using too, many commas, in the wrong places

not, capitalizing anything

four

Literally what is wrong with utilizing the naturally occurring chemicals in a plant without altering them

Forumers who type in that tiny little fucking text size to be unique. Like I can read that shit.

GOOD TO KNOW
just wait until you hear about invisible text

Because you misuse the word joke, as I’ve explained twice.

Another reason why it’s irrational is that you don’t accept jokes only on these 3 topics. So you’re not okay with “transphobic, homophobic, and racist jokes”, but you would be okay with a joke including someone who dies, or has a serious illness for example? If I were offended like you are with racist jokes I would say something like “wow I can’t stand with people who make jokes of people dying, that’s not funny at all”.

Either you’re okay with any joke, or none, or then you’re being hypocrite.

So jokes are making environment unsafe? Again, check the definition of the word “joke”, it’s used to provoke laughter and/or amuse people and doesn’t have to be taken seriously.

Did I tell you to check the definition of “joke” already?

By “misunderstanding them”, do you mean taking into account their actual biological sex, including all of their body’s cells? Doesn’t sound like misunderstanding to me.

Did you ignore the first definition that you posted? “Something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act.”, a joke doesn’t require that everyone think it isn’t serious or even that what the joke isn’t what they think or isn’t true. But this is getting ridiculous why am I arguing about the definition of joke, jesus.

You’re really stretching this to the extreme to get a gotcha moment. The thing I have a problem with is the discriminatory behaviour, the exposure to hateful views whether they’re presented sincerely or not can have an effect on people, desensitization among other things, possibly shifting their views over time. The passage from ironic racism to explicit racism can be an easy step for some people because of some implicit prejudices they may have picked up from their upbringing (something that originally happened to me).

You aren’t taking into account everyone’s cells when you’re having a conversation with someone neither can you know what chromosomes they have (not a big point but should be fairly obvious). There has been studies into the brains of trans people which have shown that certain areas of the brain that are sex differential appear more similar to brains of cis people of the gender they identify as, rather than what they were assigned at birth, there was also some other results that put them somewhere in the between what is typically male or female, but surely if you didn’t want to misunderstand you could just read about it yourself (it’s a bit more messy than a simple binary, I also didn’t include this as if it was the only possible cause but you might be more interested in something other than sociological or psychological causes).

Edited for clarity.

This feels like it is turning into another pxartist thread

Also, another two:
Trickster only carrying a T0 Prism
Bow classes only carrying UT bows

people who block my way by walking really slow in a way that I can’t get around them. usually it’s multiple people standing shoulder-to-shoulder, but sometimes my path is really narrow for some reason and it only takes one person to block my path.

people who are trying to tell you something, but they act all sheepishly and say things like “oh nevermind it’s not a big deal just forget about it”. if it wasn’t a big deal then why did you want to tell me in the first place? JUST SAY IT D:<

people who try to tell you anything and everything they can about a completely unsolicited topic. especially when I have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about, because that makes them talk even more as they desperate try to give you enough background information to understand the last 15 minutes of nonsense.

My Ex in a nutshell

When people ping me for no reason other than to ping me.

When people are stupid. And i mean REALLY stupid.

Also people who use slurs in every sentence to be edgy. Im ok with a f word occasionally (I do it myself) but I dont like people who say stuff like

Dont open if you dont want to see

“Fucking keys (remove the e, realmeye filter) n*****, fucking faggot you’re just mad. Whoa stop being toxic, it was just a joke”
(Im Asian btw)

Also a slightly …different pet peeve

At school there’s always these groups of people who cut the lunch line (yeah… childish I know but 50 people joining the line at once makes it take so much longer). And they insult people near them in spanish, when they think that the people can’t understand them.
kinda silly, but it kinda pisses me off