Petless Tomb Speedrun!

Do you think you’re good at tombs? Do you think pets are not as totally fair and balanced as they may seem? Do you think you’re the best? Do you think your guild is the best? Time to prove it!

Hi, I’m Cookie! I will be hosting tombs for teams of three players each. The objective of these tombs will be to kill the three bosses in the fastest time possible without the assistance of pets. The reason for this is that though, as we all know, pets are completely balanced and definitely not unfair to anyone who does not have a pet of the same level, I feel that pets may ruin the fun of this contest as no one wants to watch the bosses get perma-paralyzed and shield bashed into next year.

The rules of the contest are as follows:

• No pets are allowed
  • No cheating or hacking of any kind, any evidence of this occurring in a run will result in an immediate disqualification (and a blast of lame points in your general direction)
  • All consumables are allowed, including 15 minute buffs, so start hording!
  • Only three players per run
  • The timer will begin ticking as soon as the referee says “Go”, and will stop ticking as soon as the final boss is killed. Players must wait in the middle of the platforms between the three bosses until they are given the “Go”. Starting before you are given the go-ahead will result in a disqualification
  • There are no class limits or stat requirements
  • Every team will be representing a guild, but a guild may have multiple teams participate. These teams will be classified in the fashion of this example: “Ultimate Realm Smashers team 2 lead by xXanaXx”. A full list of teams and their members will be provided through a link once signups are closed.
  • Players do not have to be in the same guild, the player who signs up the team will have their guild represented.

Don’t worry, I know what everyone is actually interested in, and that is the winner of course! Oh, and the rewards for those allstar winners. Depending on overall team signups, there may be more rewards added.

1. 3 Decas, one per player, wow!

2. 12 Life Potions, four per player, how generous!

3. 9 Life potions, 3 per player, what a reward!

4. 6 Life Potions, 2 per player, very nice!

5. 6 Life Potions, 2 per player, how unexciting!

The event will be hosted on the 1st of February, starting at 7:00 PM EST (or at 19:00 for anyone who uses that time system) If too many teams sign up to finish it within one day, the teams that have not yet gone will be able to have their run on one of the following days.

This event will be shoutcasted and hosted on this twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/cookiemagerotmg

Participating Guilds/Teams:

1. MAFIA

2. Cult

There may be more than 10 teams should more teams of players than that would like to sign up. You may contact me to sign up in game, or by sending me a message on Realmeye. Players may also sign their team up within this thread. You can also send me a discord message to sign your team up at Cookie#4088. When you sign up, please provide the igns of your team. Teams cannot be rostered with less than three players.

Signups will close on Friday, the 25th of Janurary, at 10:00 PM EST

The event will take place on Friday, the 1st of Feburary, at 7:00 PM EST

Any loot earned within the tomb will be kept by the competiting players.

There is no entry fee

Good luck everyone!

Edit: Tombs runs will be able to be submitted via video entries. The deadline for this is February 4th. Entries must be uploaded to youtube, and a link can be messaged to me via discord, or realmeye!

This actually sounds really fun

… is this a mistake? It bugs me much.

If a timer is added, then you can also submit it to the Speedrun Discord, hint hint.

I’ll go see my guildies and see what they think :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Lol 19:00 est time is 00:00 gmt nevermind

Nope, I’m just not made of life potions I’m afraid, and it’s more for fun than a reward, rewards are just an incentive. :sweat_smile:

Edit: No wait it is a mistake, took me too long to notice that my bad. Sorry!

Nice! Last time something like this happened was tomb solo challenge by Heromax good to see tombs still being run :3

The live event thing is cool…but that also means you’ll be limiting the amount of participants (i.e. people like Orsome who’s time-zone won’t work out for them :D). Especially since it’s on one-day.

Might I recommend you also making an option to record? Using speedrun disc rules (i.e. recorder starts time when they move)

love the self created crowd comments.

Hi cookie!

Seems cool!

pffffft easy peasy!

I disagree :thinking:

Thanks!

Create Story accepts your challenge!

OOF, i’m also a GMT player… I’ll ask my guildies if the are up for that time though

We have decided that because there are a number of guilds and groups that would be able to participate but cannot due to time constraints, we will accept video entries of teams speedruns. The deadline for these will be no later than February 4th. These tombs will still be opened by us, contact me when you and your team are going to do your run and we will open the tomb for you.

Video entries will be limited to one per team, and only one tomb will be opened for them by us.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

Blatant pretend race to make it seem like Mafia is still alive, while we all know Sicily is overrun by migrants who can’t legally enter the UK anymore :fearful:

It sounds delightful!

…what?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.