Petrify's, and Status Effect display

So… I found out from the forums that petrify is basically stunned and paralyzed. My main question is why put them into a new status effect? It’s just one less symbol on top of your target.

Edit; just found out that petrify also locks your ability away. My bad. :frowning:
Edit2; nevermind the first edit; apparently I was not right in the head

If anything, I like its visualization. Being darkened is definitely more intuitive than reading which symbols are on top of your character when there’s 4 buffs and 3 debuffs. Hp+, damaging, berserk, and healing really takes a lot of space, now add confused, sick and weakened to that list and waiting for the debuff to run out is faster than reading the icons

Edit; while we’re at this, a relevant link;

Well, maybe collecting all these status effects in one reduces lag. Also, it’s more dramatic.

no it doesn’t. it really is just stunned and paralyzed. I can puri away petrify while being petrified as well as everyone else who happens to have that capability.

try using your ability next time it happens to you.

I think it’s meant to mirror stasis, i.e. the Mystic/Orange Drake triggered effect, which explains the way its displayed. Plus the icons above chars tend to get rather cluttered, and it gets harder and harder to tell them apart in the heat of battle; having effects shown in other ways helps with this.

It also has a practical benefit, making it a new effect: you know that it is one effect, so that when the stun wears off the paralysis does too, and vice versa.

I’ve been able to use my abilities still

unless I’m stupid

but I’m pretty sure my trickster did tp while petrified

I have no idea how I got that Info. My bad. I’ll edit an update

This, I understand, and is also the reason why I made this thread. Stasised enemies don’t take damage; if I didn’t find this info from the forums, I would’ve just sat without moving my character the next time petrify is used (probably in the next wing) and get popped…

that’s a pretty sad excuse for a stasis, I still don’t understand why people keep bringing up this comparison. I wouldn’t say quiver+shield=orb, would you?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.