+235 HP, +95 MP, +25 DEF, +3 ATT, +5 DEX, +14 VIT
+120 HP, +40 MP, +2 ATK, +27 DEF, +18 SPD, +3 DEX, +10 VIT

Items Drop from

Deathless Crossbow: Avalon the Archivist
Quiver of Shrieking Specters: Davy Jones, Sunken Treasure
Wraith’s Brigandine: Avalon the Archivist
Revenant Ring: Davy Jones, Sunken Treasure

Deathless Crossbow

Distinguished archers are permitted to take their prized bow with them to the afterlife. It conjures ethereal arrows when drawn, penetrating the very souls of living beings.

Tier: ST
Shots: 1 2 (arc gap: 5°)
Damage: 155-250 100-125 (average: 112.5)
Projectile Speed: 28 tiles/second
Lifetime: 0.2 seconds 0.23 seconds
Range: 5.6 tiles 6.44 tiles (true range: 6.44 tiles)
Amplitude: 0.2 tiles
Special Effects: Shots hit multiple targets
Rate of Fire: 95% 80%
Fame Bonus: 4%
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 900

Drops From:

• Avalon the Archivist

More info

Basically Theurgy Wand but in a bow. I plan to make the set more specialized in rushing and not just hur dur random Speedy quiver on broken set. I made it like this so the Archer can possibly kill enemies chasing him and just general crowd control.

Quiver of Shrieking Specters

A quiver not meant for the corporeal realm. When used by a mortal, it creates a momentary rift between death and life, briefly releasing the chilling screams of the lost.

MP Cost: 120
Effect(s): Inflicts Slowed for 2.5 3 seconds on enemies
Speedy on self for 3 5 seconds
Wavy shots
Shots pass through obstacles
Shots hit multiple targets

Shots: 20 (arc gap: 18°)
Damage: 85-130 (average: 87.5)
Total Damage: 1700-2600 (average: 2150)
Projectile Speed: 12 tiles/second -> 20 tiles/second
Lifetime: 0.5 seconds 0.3 seconds
Range: 6 tiles (true range: 0 tiles)
Cooldown: 0.5 seconds 1 second(s)
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 800

Drops From:

• Davy Jones
  • Sunken Treasure

More info

Basically the normal quiver but better for rushing. I took some other Speedy equipment for reference.

Wraith’s Brigandine

An enduring garment of spectral steel worn by the shades of the shadows.

On Equip: +80 HP, +14 DEF +20 HP, +15 DEF, +5 SPD
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 700 800

Drops From:

• Avalon the Archivist

More info

Exchanged most of the HP for some DEF and SPD. Like I said, I plan to make this for rushing. This armor can also sort of be used as a middle ground between pure survivability armor and Leaf Dragon Hide Armor.

Revenant Ring

An otherworldly gemstone is set in this oddly tight ring. It does not seem designed for human fingers.

On Equip: +50 HP, +3 ATK, +9 VIT +50 HP, +2 ATK, +10 DEF
Soulbound:
Feed Power: 600

Drops From:

• Davy Jones
  • Sunken Treasure

More info

Just more specialized for survivability.

Cool idea, but might be helpful to show which stats you changed. Right now, I can only tell the more obvious ones like the Revenant Ring.

Oh, okay. I’ll do that!

i really like it but i think i would leave armor and quiver alone as they are
just my opinon tho

This is a very big nerf, right?

Won’t this bow really suck? I’m too addicted to the archer set atm to let it be nerfed this much D:
I

Idk what I think about this. I think the quiver is mostly fine right now, but also giving it more speedy (and allowing archer to perma speedy with lower mheal) looks very interesting as well.

And then the armor and ring are just kinda nerfed.

Altogether, I’m one of those people that believes an ST set should be essentially sufficient on its own (basically it should be a different way of playing the class, but shouldn’t really require that many swapouts). This is why I think the Phantom Archer ST set is among the most well-designed sets in the game right now, as it converts an archer closer to a ninja with high speed and higher DPS.

Consider also the Flesh Collector Assassin set (which is quite well-designed in my opinion, it’s a high DPS low survivability set), the Acidified Assassin set (which is the exact opposite, a survivability melee-like set), and the Hollow King Necromancer set (makes necro more like wizard with higher DPS and no healing). These are all well-designed as they are totally viable as a whole set with individual parts that complement each other nicely.

I disagree with this proposed rework because I feel that it’ll make the set too niche, and niche ST sets perform poorly (and in my opinion are poorly designed). Cases in point: Magmatic Mystic. The DPS is pretty high and it does a lot, but you have to get far too close to use it, and it’s just not worth it to deal with the weird pattern + 4 tile range, especially on a robe class.

And personally, I’d hate having to swap to 4 items just to rush (and then when I swap back for the boss, my skin will be messed up too). Right now, I highly enjoy just using 3 parts of the set, maining the Wraith’s Brigandine (a very solid armor).

Hm, I guess rushing is too small of a niche to be viable. You’re right.

Not exactly, the set has total more DEF and SPD, to fit the rushing niche. The amount of HP that the set originally gave was kind of insane.

The rework is probably better for clearing crowds, but the original has higher DPS. Take this image for reference:

About the quiver, I sort of changed it so the Speedy is for 5 seconds and has the same MP cost. You got what I was going for, I tried to make it more suitable for lower MHeal and just better for rushing in general.

Ring is way better for survivability than the current ring, and still maintains 2 ATK. The set also gives more DEF overall, so.

For the armor, I can see that. I kind of butchered the survivability for 5 SPD. I might change that in the future.

Thank you for feedback, I will plan to change the set in the future to make it viable, but still fulfil my purpose!

Yeah, the speed is nice, but the loss of HP will really hurt.

With 80% fire rate? After all, it doesn’t have the multiple shots and faster fire rate of CBow, nor the triple or quad shots of high tiered bows or Nectar Crossfire.

My bad, I didn’t properly look at the stats. The 10 DEF is a bit much though, making this ring a direct upgrade of the UBDef… I’m not so sure about that.

The point of this rework is deathless is just a lazy void bow clone.

Yeah, I know. But it makes so much sense with the rest of the set and the playstyle that I don’t believe it should be changed, but maybe that’s just me.

To me it seems like you turned a very viable set into one of the older sets, where every item is trash except for a single item; in this case the ability. (ST wizard set is the closest to what I can see you did to the set)

It can work well with the set without just being a copy of another item is what they’re getting at, making it like theurgy wand also works.

Even though the two shots don’t go far out enough to have a lesser true range, it still covers a wider area. Plus, the added range allows for more enemies to be hit in a crowd.

so nerf? why?