Pharaoh's Staff UT staff idea

I’ve been running a ton of tombs recently with a couple of friends and, I’ve never thought of it before but the Tomb is one of the oldest, most difficult dungeons to complete properly. I also thought about how 3 rings, 2 of them being less favorable but still moderately useful, isn’t enough UTs for a dungeon of this magnitude.

So as a little treat to the player I thought maybe implementing a new UT into the dungeon. I thought of who this UT would drop from, I thought Nut, seeing as how Bes drops 2 UTs so it wouldn’t be anything new but I thought of a better boss, the Treasure Sarcophagus. Not really a boss but nevertheless is able to drop loot.

Pharaoh’s Staff Sprite

Projectile Sprite

Being stored in the tombs for centuries, this staff is thought to have belonged to a line of ancient pharaohs.

Stats:

• Tier: UT

• Damage: 20-100

• Range: 7.3 tiles

• Effect: Curses Enemies

• Stat Bonus: 3 WIS +30 MP

• Special properties: Shots pass through enemies

• Lifetime: 0.600 seconds

• Frequency: 1.5 cycle(s)/shot

• Rate of fire: 80%

• Amplitude: 0.7 tile(s)

• Fame Bonus: 6%

• Feed Power: 1200

Drops From:

• Treasure Sarcophagus

For every projectile the curse effect lasts 0.5 seconds

Perhaps it’s just me but I’m noticing too rather important things missing. #1, the staff has 0 damage which just overall seems like a rather terrible idea. #2, although you’re staff curses, you never mention for how long.

the sprite looks like a wand, also the contrast is low and 2 many shades. Max is 3

you should stop using rotmg tool for sprite

Why max of 3 shades. Maybe for charachter sprites, 3 is max but for weapons? Look at ogmur or the entire colussus set

Well it’s just a rule of spriting

image offtopic but meh

Overshaded looks considerably beter then shaded though… So if overshaded leads to better sprites, you might wanna go with overshaded

ankhstaff
I made this. Looks more like a staff, while keeping an Egyptian feel with the shape being an ankh.

but it doesnt look like realm sprite

I don’t know. Recently, DECAs been trying to make everything look more realistic at the sacrafice of simplicity. I feel like it would make sense for our own sprites to follow.

I dont think rotmg sprites are realistic also if deca do it it would look weird for a pixels game

Seems like a cool idea, I just think it needs a bit of damage so that it is at least viable in qualifying for soulbound.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.