Phoenix Lord / Oasis Giant

Why are these things even here. They do not serve a purpose, besides assisting in the spawn of event gods. They seem so out of the way for something so meaningless. Cyclops gods could fit in for this matter, but I don’t find them so tedious and out of the way to kill.

Before they were given UT drops, the same could’ve been said of Lichs and Ents.

If nothing else, they give levelling and unmaxed characters something to do, and they prevent realms from being closed too quickly.

Ogre Kings aren’t heroes and don’t spawn event encounters, are you sure you aren’t thinking of something else?

Source: https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/quest-monsters

Setpiece Bosses and Heroes of Oryx

When a new world is created, Oryx creates a number of these bosses scattered throughout the world, and hence their name, they spawn in a specialized setpiece. Some of these bosses are like the Wandering Quest Bosses, in which they also give bonus max experience, allowing up to 50% of your total required EXP bar.

Some setpiece bosses are specifically classified as Heroes of Oryx . These bosses are required to be killed in order to close the Realm and take priority over the other Setpiece Bosses. Assuming you are Level 20, the list of highest to lowest priority heroes are as follows:

• Red Demon
  • Phoenix Lord
  • Cyclops God
  • Ghost King
  • Oasis Giant
  • Ent Ancient
  • Lich

To make things more convenient, Oryx will periodically announce their numbers in the chat. When the last required boss is killed, Oryx will seal the Realm for 2 minutes to prevent more players joining before teleporting everyone to his Castle. A treasure chest with loot is located near most of these monsters.

(With Ogre King do you mean Cyclops God? that would fit in better with Phoenix Lord)

I quite like these encounters, there is something mysterious about these strange encounters that I just don’t feel with the rest of the game too often, but that’s just me.

Like what Bill said, there pupose is to give leveling characters a quest to fit their level and to prevent the realms from closing too often.

Perhaps giving them a UT would make them more interesting, or giving them a uniqe dungeon. The problem with this is that they are too rare and too easy to give them something interesting and it not being a waste of rescources.

But even if they seem to serve no purpose, they still enrich the experience just like T10 drops from o2 or other crap gear your not going to use.

As far as I know, Ogre Kings are a decent source of level-up XP, and can drop Snake Pits fairly frequently.
Honestly, the only time you should question the existence of a specific monster is that of Flamers.
They give no EXP when self-destructing (which is what most unmaxed players will have to make them do), drop only pots at a not-very-frequent rate and no other gear, and even if you do kill them, they give 5 EXP.

My bad, I meant oasis giant. lol

Actually flamers give 5 exp, but that’s irrelevant

tbh they need a rework of their own, cuz they just have basic wander behaviors with barely any good drops for mid/low level players.

maybe I’ll post something in the idea thread for that, but I’m too lazy rn.

Edit: I done did it, atleast for one of them lel

Phoenix lord could have some really cool drops imo. I always imagined it dropping some sort of magma archer sts

What about shield orcs? They drop only hp/mp pots, do almost no damage and take forever to kill if you’re <lvl 20.

The hp mp pots are useful tho

Please read posts fully before responding.

Ah, I forgot about those.
Yeah, they lose out on everything. The only thing I can think of for them is that they help with accuracy or testing DPS, 'sides from pots.

They have a ‘teaching’ role, being fairly unbeatable for noobs until they learn to kill the key healer orc, demonstrating that enemies can have this type of interaction.

Oh I didn’t notice

The center guy (shield orc king?) can drop t4 abilities.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.