Pickpocket's Cloak: Giving rogues the option to steal

Quick look:

• I dont know how viable this is, it would be for only soloplay or easy non shotgun stuff.
  • amazing sprite.

Honestly, having a rogue ogmur doesn’t sound like a bad idea, but I don’t think this item is a viable thing to include in realm. Rogue’s uniqueness is its invisibility in exchange for lowered dps, which you basically just threw out the window. Then again, change is always welcome.
Interesting name choice too.

ABSOLUTELY no idea what you mean by this, invisibility is one of the only ways in which rogues DEAL dps.

Nice Sprite :wink:

I’m honestly not the biggest fan of the way the sprite is shaded, so I tried my own version.

Pickpocket

As for the stats, they’re a bit mixed. In groups, this would be really risky, but it’s a godsend for solo play, so it’s hard to judge it properly.

2.5 range might have been too small. I’m thinking of increasing the range.

Thanks, that looks really good. :slight_smile:

What range should the armor break effect have?

• 2.5 tiles
  • 3 tiles
  • 3.5 tiles

0 voters

How is this stealing?

Im gonna be completely honest, i dont think this would work as an item in game. Not that its bad, it’s a unique idea, its just, this cloak doesnt make sense. And when i say that, im not saying it has barely or no uses, or even that its just a rly bad combo of status effects, which i guess is arguable, but no, the reason i say it makes no sense is bc the description you gave to this cloak is not neccessarily unique to rogue. Something like this would work on trix as well with a similar functioning prism. Armor breaking with nearly no invisibility as you teleport is just a rly strange combo that would kind of be confusing to understand why it was put in the game. Im not hating on your idea, it just kind of sounds like this was thrown together, and you tried to shove the puzzle pieces together to forcibly fit this concept. Cool sprite tho

It steals enemies hp

Where does it say that? I thought it just armor broke enemies.

We have a rogue jugg and a rogue buffer already… so

From what I understand its means you’re “stealing” enemies hp from them (but you dont get to keep it)

not gonna lie, that doesn’t make much sense to me

@Endofyou I don’t agree with you, which is fair enough we have different opinions, but I agree the description doesn’t make sense considering the item idea. It’s cool, yes, but it doesn’t work functionally.
Also, the invisibility time is a bit short. It isn’t long enough to exploit the armour break fully and doesn’t work well as support because it could be too short to escape danger.

So, @NamedForSB if you don’t mind me suggesting another change I would shorten the armour break to 2 seconds, make the invisibility last 3 seconds (long enough to back out) and if that doesn’t feel right then decrease the invisibility to 2.5 seconds.

You do realize the Bloody Cloak exists right

They are a bit different. Pickpockets Cloak puts teleports you into an enemy’s range, while the bloody one just gives you a debuff.

The bloody cloak gets higher dps, not lower.

That was the point, he’s saying ‘The Rogue’s gimmick is invisibility for lowered DPS’

1 second isn’t enough to be able to run away. You’d be more likely to get killed while trying to run away if you actually used this on enemies that needed to be armor broken.

Such an easy dungeon is not a good place to drop an ability that armor breaks. Either way, you’d have people just spam popping keys.

Overall this cloak is pretty much useless in most situations. You can’t use it in shatts or LH where you actually need armor break, and most other situations will most likely kill you.

Which it isn’t.

Rogue gets major dps bonuses from not drawing enemy fire onto him.