Pirate Admiral Knight Set

Hi. This is my first time making a thread on realmeye, and I don’t intend for it to be the last. I’m going to start posting all sorts of ideas here, and hopefully this post starts me off with a bang.
This knight set updates the existing Pirate King’s Cutlass for the weapon slot, and all items would likely drop from Jon Bilgewater.

Pirate Admiral Knight Set

Pirate King’s Cutlass

Used only by the pirates who would make themselves kings, this cutlass is said to be cursed as each Pirate King seems to be killed rather unexpectedly.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Shots: 1
  • Damage:180–230 (205)
  • Projectile Speed: 15 tiles/second
  • Lifetime: 0.22 seconds
  • Range: 3.3 tiles
  • Rate of Fire: 130%
  • Stat Bonus: -2 DEF, +4 SPD
  • Fame Bonus: 5%

Captain’s Cannon

It launches powerful blasts that’ll leave your opponents dazzled, but ye’d have to be some kind of brute to turn a cannon into a practical sidearm.

Stats:

• MP Cost: 110
  • Shots: 1
  • Damage: 700-900 (800)
  • Projectile Speed: 24 tiles/second
  • Lifetime: 0.25 seconds
  • Range: 6 tiles
  • Effects: Dazed for 4.5 seconds, Shots hit multiple targets, Shots pass over obstacles
  • On Equip: +8 DEF, +4 ATT, -4 SPD
  • Cooldown: 2.5 seconds
  • Fame Bonus: 6%

Admiral’s Overcoat

Made from the finest materials and accentuated with riches acquired by the Pirate King himself, this flashy garb allows for unparalleled finesse in battle.

Stats:

• On Equip: +18 DEF, +4 SPD, +4 DEX

Looter’s Lockbox

This heavy lockbox is enchanted to protect the one who carries it over their shoulder, but is cursed to fuel the owner with relentless greed.

Stats:

• On Equip: +140 HP, +6 DEF, -4 SPD

Total Stat Bonus:

+140 HP, +4 ATT, +30 DEF, +0 SPD, +4 DEX

Credit to @JohnMH for help with the stats. Constructive criticism welcome.

First off, I don’t really like the set of a pirate admiral knight set due to the recent introduction of the pirate warrior ST. Then again… there are two oryx sets (Priest and knight)

Shield: I don’t like how this doesn’t have a cooldown. Feels just like a superior QoT. I know it has reduced range but it also gives decent stats and costs a lot less.

Armor + Ring: Nothing crazy but functional so why not

Ah, the shield had a cooldown but I forgot to include it. I’ll fix that right away.
I had worried people would compare it to the new ST, but I made the first variation of this set back in february, and I’ve just recently updated it for the realmeye forums. Here’s what the original looked like:
Pirate%20Admiral%20Knight

Those sprites are pure sex. The armor and ring are nice, but i don’t know what to think about the “shield”.

The shield is 100% the most experimental item of the set, but I think it does a good job of making the set stand out and giving it some character.

I love the sprites!

Ah, yes, another run of the mill ‘yarrgh I’m a pirate’ set. Not saying that idea concept is bad by any means.

• (Sword Review) -

(SPRITE)

Sprite is decent enough for what it is, very simple, very effective.

(STATS)

It’s only a Cutlass resprite, nothing to say here.

• (Shield Review) -

(SPRITE)

Cute, simple, and effective. Sprite displays what it needs to, so I’m giving that a + from me.

(STATS)

Piercing Qot, decent usable range, crazy big stat boosts. Seems fair enough.

• (Armor Review) -

(SPRITE)

It’s alright, might be a teensy bit cluttered in the upper center area but it still does an okay job at representing an overcoat.

(STATS)

It’s almost identical to the Fire Dragon Battle Armor, with 1 more DEF, 1 more SPD, 4 DEX instead of 3 ATK, and no VIT bonus. Good if you don’t want to wear the Fire Dragon Battle Armor, I guess?

• (Acessory Review) -

(SPRITE)

Hah, round chest. Good meme potential, good sprite. Its all round good, not much more to say about it.

(STATS)

It’s an Exa HP with +6 DEF in exchange for -4 SPD, pretty small, but it’s still OK in my eyes. 9 out of every 10 players is probably going to just run the Ring of Decades over this though. I guess it’s good if you don’t have a meta ring like Crown/Potato/Decades?

• (OVERALL) -

It’s good all around, nothing too glaring about it that really needs to be changed.

First off, sprites are beautiful literally one of the best looking sprites ive ever seen.

But seeeing how the ability does

Since Quiver of thunder is due to get its cool down remove I feel like this should have mini cool down or if anything just increased MP Cost. Also unlike the Quiver of thunder this can hit multiple enemies as well as pass over obstacles, making this basically a superior Quiver of thunder, if anything a cool down or increased MP cost is needed to make it balanced with the other Dazing abilities considering how this one currently comes off as superior to all the others/ Broken in comparison.

whoops i didn’t read the cool down biz my bad, good shield very balanced :smiley:

Thanks so much for the compliments! I really appreciate it.
Admittedly, I did overtune the shield a little bit, because instead of balancing the item vs. QoT I balanced the item vs. knight’s stun. Maybe I’ll pump up the MP cost a bit more to compensate for the low cooldown.

Only two small things.

1: Cutlass has 3 Speed, not 4. I’d lower that and reduce the negative Speed on the “Shield” in tandem.
2: Ring could use a nerf. 130/6/-4 sounds fair.

The cutlass adjustment was intentional because my monkey brain wanted every item to have 4 speed listed on it. I’ve considered nerfing the ring, but I’ve seen a few people say they’d still rather use something like decades, so I’m going to wait a little more before I make a decision on that.

deca is op as hell and can be bought, though

that’s why they would rather use it

:kekw:

Oh damn i didn’t notice

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.