PitchOTMG: Subscribe for Loads of Shatters!

Greetings Fellow Realmers!
Shatters! Shatters! Shatters! You can never do enough of them! Everyone wants to get their hands on more bracers/gemstones/crowns. As many of you know, group pitching is a cheap way to purchase key openings for dungeons like the Shatters. Well, a few of us came up with an awesome idea based on this concept.

What Is It?
It’s like a subscription system based around discord. People pay 1 life each week to keep the shatters role that gives them access to a specific channel in the discord server. Admins/Mods will use the funds to buy shatters when there are people interested in doing them. It’s like a massive, organized pitching group, and being a subscriber gives you access to the callouts. We can even have set times for pitching, like a daily shatters marathon. Suppose there are 100 subscribers with the shatters role. That means each subscriber gets access to potentially 50 shatters every week for just 1 life they contribute. It’s very profitable.

More Details
We will manage the community to maintain a skilled and serious group of players. The shatters will not get over-flooded with people because only a fraction of the community will be online and in the mood for shatters at any given time. Moreover, in addition to the massive community pitching group mentioned earlier, we will also organize several smaller, more exclusive pitch groups to appeal to those of you who desire that sort of thing.

Updates
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/s5c8rKw
Thank you for your interest, but please understand that we are still in the process of setting things up and gathering people. Read the #announcements for further updates.

Feedback
Please take the time to respond to these brief polls
http://www.strawpoll.me/12321999
http://www.strawpoll.me/12322020
What thoughts do you guys have about this idea? Any suggestions? Your help is greatly appreciated!

LH/Shatter/etc callout sources
Shatters Event (Nov 10 to Nov 13)

Excellent idea, if you can organize it! I can certainly see this being popular if it’s efficient.

Only concern is people not wanting to give their precious life to mods they don’t know. The danger of scamming is always there.

Trust is something that must be earned, and it will be proven :slight_smile:

Only problem is that it’s so easy for the mods, or even one of the mods, to sneak away a couple life here and there. No one will notice unless you have someone counting every single life pot that’s given, before and after. And that would require access to mules…it would just be a huge mess if you tried to do that. And even then, who’s gonna watch the watcher?

Don’t worry. Our mods are highly respected and will not do that kind of thing. A single life is nothing, and besides we have a discord bot that does most of the work keeping track of payments.

Wait? now you’re telling me I can’t scam people? :frowning:
/s

oh nice. you posted it!

I have a screenshot of me being a mod! good enough for me

We will be picking our mods very carefully and will monitor the life closely

Very cool idea, but the main problem I see is timezone issues. It’s great that you’ve already considered this with the poll but there are inherently going to be people in isolated timezones where mods are not online or very few are active.

Not only mods, but people selling. Unless you’re going to be a large distributor of keys (i.e. a crowd-funded key account), there’s also issues of when keys are available on the market for those unfavourable timezones.

As such, I’d recommend some sort of guarantee system, like if you’re going to pay a life, you’ll be guaranteed at least one shatters.

Though you’re some sort of math genius, so I’m sure you’ll figure something that works once the numbers are in :grin: good luck!

I don’t foresee scamming as being a big issue, and it’s great that you’re using the Discord bot.

Better be programed damn well.

Oh well, you should ask @Shatter what happened when he did the Christmas giveaway event with thousands of items.

Rather have a bot than him manually sending screenshots and counting muledump items xD that was a shit-fest.

that was a successful shit-fest!

Other than a useless old tops set!

Yep, im the one working on the bot so if you have any questions about it, ask me!

Hmm, how do I ask this is a subtle way…

Are there any ways to exploit the bot so I get all dem free Shatters, and not pay a cent? /s

Serious question: You guys only accept pure life? That’d make your life a lot easier :slight_smile: if it was.

Additionally I would recommend a monthly subscription (kinda annoying if you have 100 subs to manage payments weekly) for those who would use this frequently, and a refund policy (i.e. no refunds for weekly, monthly rounds to the nearest week etc.)

The subs are managed by the bot itself and you can pay let’s say, 8 life, and get 8 weeks. If you are banned from participated in the shatters you will not get a refund. So if you pay 4 life and then you get banned on the first week, you aren’t getting that life back!

And yes, pure life only.

remaxes trickster, puts evil grin on face

I would love to join, however there are some issues with a weekly subscription. For example, I only play during weekends, and as @UnicornSla said, my timezone isn’t the best, which means I probably won’t make the most out of paying 1 life /week

With this system, you would only really need to make it to a few shatters each week for your investment of 1 life to pay off, considering that a shatters usually costs 1.5-2 life.

Another problem I have is how to weed out trolls or players that don’t really know what they are doing?

Like you said, 1 Life is nothing. Anyone can garner 1 Life within a day and subscribe to this, but they might not actually know what they are doing and maybe want to learn.

Is there a system to solve this problem?

Also, would love to see this expand for a lot of dungeons and completely diminish key scamming.