Please Help Me Fix This [High Mem Usage]

*Edited
Earlier today I posted about how I my flash projector was lagging while my steam client wasn’t. I decided to do the obvious, which I should have done earlier and this is what I found out…

(Both images were taken seconds after opening the game)

As you can see in the top left corner, my MEM and MAX are about 100 higher in my projector than in my steam client. Now that I have figured out what is causing me horrific lag, I have to find the solution. This is where you guys need to come in and help me.

Thanks in advance.

Memory Problem for Mac
Please Help Me Fix This Problem

My fps is horrible on flash projector as well, that’s why I don’t really like using it. However, I’d prefer not to lose another cbow to lag in connecting to the server.

Can u send the specs just in case? Also check the memory usage and ram usage when you’re playing. (In task manager)

I have tried that. I have a GTX 750 Ti, and a good motherboard specs are fine…

What are your graphics settings on (for flash projector)?

I should be able to run the game perfectly fine on High settings (I can on steam). But I have tried lowest settings.

In game you should check the memory, there should be an option for hotkey to turn on game stats. Turn the stats on then check memory. If it is too high, even if your computer is great the game will lag. The best solution is to restart flash projector every once in a while. With time your memory will increase, once it reaches about 500 it might start to lag.

Yes I try to view my performance stats. Although this isn’t the case because I lag as soon as I open the game.

Another thing, do you use windows? If you do then try ipconfig/flushdns

I have already tried that, it did not work.

I’m not even sure, I think it might be something wrong with the computer. Even on my laptop I don’t lag that bad if I have hardware acc., restart game, and ipconfig/flushdns

I am 100% positive its not my computer.
Uhhhhh… I just wanna play this game so bad…
I need my white star lel

What version of the Flash Projector are you running?

edit: see also this

edit #2: Oh, the same OP created both threads. Silly me.

[Threads merged. OB]

Sorry about double posting. I am just afraid no one will see my second post.

Turn off projectiles from experimental menu?

Use task manager to allocate high priority to fp?

Use fp versions below 18?

Speedtest stats, if possible?

Check for any firewall restrictions, any background apps, downloads, etc.

Is your internet connection over wifi? Is it possible to shift to ethernet? Is your bandwidth being shared with other people who may be utilizing the connection when you’re playing?

Thanks for the tips but I have tried all of these. If you could find anyone else that could help that would be great. Its the memory problem that I need to fix.

Something about clearing your fp cache. Sorry I can’t recall exact steps to do it off the top of my head :frowning:

Tried that already.

shrugs I’m all outta ideas friend, really sorry.
Try googling the specific memory issue - maybe you’ll find some old archived post with a solution?

Well first off I think steam is the best platform to play the game on
Not only because you really can’t get hacked on steam
The framerate is better